10000 Hours - Re-Loaded?

Lord Pityme

REA was good enough to say he'd be a conduit for passing on info, if required. Its about time smisa, the selling consortium or whoever says what they are doing or not doing, otherwise we can put this to bed.

Happy to give anyone interested in FO any information they want.

Just PM me and happy to meet or speak to anyone thinking of stepping up to take FO where 10000 hours could not.

We failed but perhaps some of what we learned will prove useful to others.

Edited by rea

I'm really glad this has turned into a 10000Hours bitchfest. Haven't had enough of those to be honest, and they are SO great to read.

Well done gents, another thread that had promise completely ruined.

Indeed.

The sooner Dykebar Hospital stops computer access the better. Either that or less substance abuse takes place.

Edited by FTOF

The numbers do not stack up for fan ownership for the club, if everyone of our supporters paid ten quid a month it would take four years to buy out the 51% ,but these guys are now obliged by agreements to sell 75% of the club, so another two years to buy out that lot.

No real investment in the club,no monies for cash flow problems,no money for buying players etc etc.

Cannot be done without a serious financial funder coming on board, so the starting point is not the fans nor SMiSA, it's finding that funder, that millionaire who will put the money up now ,including enough for taking the club forward

The numbers do not stack up for fan ownership for the club, if everyone of our supporters paid ten quid a month it would take four years to buy out the 51% ,but these guys are now obliged by agreements to sell 75% of the club, so another two years to buy out that lot.

No real investment in the club,no monies for cash flow problems,no money for buying players etc etc.

Cannot be done without a serious financial funder coming on board, so the starting point is not the fans nor SMiSA, it's finding that funder, that millionaire who will put the money up now ,including enough for taking the club forward

Some valid points however the landscape has changed since 10000hours meaning that organisations now exiting to forward lump sums for such projects based on individual payments meaning that the 52% can get all the cash up front based on x number of fans committing to monthly payment 10000hours did not have access to this 3 years ago as it did not exist.

So that sorts the consortium having to wait bit out.

The 52% v 75% can also be resolved. Though I believe from other posts that more than 52% is actually now owned...the fans can offer what they want for the %age they want.

Cash flow is a very valid issue.

The Club in recent years has needed Directors loans to get over cash flow issues so a source does need found for this.

I did it previously £100k per year.

Fundamentally the price is key.

Too much and as you say not enough income from fans left to invest.

I take it this comes off the back of the meeting? if so, fair enough.

2000 supporters x £10 per month would equate to just shy of £1.5m for 75% of a business that hasn't turned a profit in over 15 years worth of trading. I would agree that the price being asked is too high.

Some valid points however the landscape has changed since 10000hours meaning that organisations now exiting to forward lump sums for such projects based on individual payments meaning that the 52% can get all the cash up front based on x number of fans committing to monthly payment 10000hours did not have access to this 3 years ago as it did not exist.

So that sorts the consortium having to wait bit out.

The 52% v 75% can also be resolved. Though I believe from other posts that more than 52% is actually now owned...the fans can offer what they want for the %age they want.

Cash flow is a very valid issue.

The Club in recent years has needed Directors loans to get over cash flow issues so a source does need found for this.

I did it previously £100k per year.

Fundamentally the price is key.

Too much and as you say not enough income from fans left to invest.

Valid Point Richard, In Essence, Gilmour & Co are playing a losing Game ? As for the 1k fans that they have lost due to their greed persona, The Game is @ sticky wicket as some Cricketer would say ! You obviously got your wee Loan Back, But the Chap at the Helm after giving you 2 chances to Con the Fans, Decided that you were as much use as The wage thieves that wee paid for during season 2014/2015 ? Only saying Like ...

post-8992-0-49794900-1430347919_thumb.pn

Edited by davidg

Valid Point Richard, In Essence, Gilmour & Co are playing a losing Game ? As for the 1k fans that they have lost due to their greed persona, The Game is @ sticky wicket as some Cricketer would say ! You obviously got your wee Loan Back, But the Chap at the Helm after giving you 2 chances to Con the Fans, Decided that you were as much use as The wage thieves that wee paid for during season 2014/2015 ? Only saying Like ...

attachicon.gifCBS4IZ5W4AAFptQ.png

Don't know what happened there - Maybe Div at his tweaking Again ?

attachicon.gifCBS4IZ5W4AAFptQ.png

Richard didn't take a wage. He left the club, so that his continuing presence on the board didn't stop other bids for the club getting over the line!

Quite an insinuation. Your obsessional witch-hunt of Richard seems to have no bounds.

You don't keep up with all things SMFC Rich... Sorry Rick! The selling consortium released a statement saying they had asked Dick to leave the BoD as he was putting off potential buyers. All these 'insinuations' are available on the club website.

You don't keep up with all things SMFC Rich... Sorry Rick! The selling consortium released a statement saying they had asked Dick to leave the BoD as he was putting off potential buyers. All these 'insinuations' are available on the club website.

which is somewhat different than suggesting i was removed as part of a disciplinary process for punching a colleague.....

...but anyway...back to Fan Ownership.....

a good thing or a bad thing for the future of St Mirren?

I'm talking about your linking Richard's name with Jeremy Clarkson's shenanigans. What similarity were implying? Your feelings on Clarkson were made well known to us all.

I'm talking about your linking Richard's name with Jeremy Clarkson's shenanigans. What similarity were implying? Your feelings on Clarkson were made well known to us all.

Eh...... That'll be the similarity in getting their collective jotters. Of course maybe history has re-written itself and a 6 foot 6 Dick after finding out there was nae Hot sausage rolls to trouser after a boozy Board meeting banjo'd one of his colleagues?

He' d would have to have had an accomplice to get out of that wet paper bag first though!

Edit: for the record theres been no 'feeling' of Clarkson, or any quasi motoring show presenter on my part. And i don't care for the insinuation sir!

Edited by Lord Pityme

which is somewhat different than suggesting i was removed as part of a disciplinary process for punching a colleague.....

...but anyway...back to Fan Ownership.....

a good thing or a bad thing for the future of St Mirren?

Did you punch someone in the gob at St Mirren? If not, could you go back next week and plant one square on Arquin for me?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by pozbaird

Don't blame Arquin, blame the chap that signed him

50/50 blame. Arquin was supposedly good for County initially. All we needed was that good initial impact. A few goals, some points on the board thanks to his goals... nearer to Motherwell with the split to come. Then by all means he could disappear up his own arse and get dumped close season. Christ, Jens Paeslack and Gareth Wardlaw had a meaningful impact.

We never even got the initial good Arquin burst. Useless chunt got sent off twice and contributed the square root of fcuk-all.

Annnyway... Back on topic. 10000hours re-loaded / re-visited / re-gurgitated...

Edited by pozbaird