Danny Lennon

Strong league next season, very much doubt we will get out of it, think we are back to the shit state of the 90's, where it was deemed acceptable to be mooching around for scraps season after season in the first division.

I think that all depends on who we get as a manager... If we go with Teale we'll struggle.

Here's a question. Who, from the 2013 side, would get into the 1987 side, and vice versa.

Mmh that's a tough one but I'll try going 4-4-2:

C Money,

T Wilson,

D Hamilton,

N Cooper

P Dummett

Teale

Lambert

Abercromby

Isma

I Ferguson

Thommo

Subs

Fitzy

Winnie

Newton

Mcgarvey

Gowser

Samson

Please bear in mind I was 9 in 1987, so no doubt will have it wildly wrong. I Like the thought of Aber and Lambo being the platform for Teale and Isma to provide for Thommo with Fergie playing just off him.

Great to think that every game next season, aside from QOTS will be within 60 miles, and at least 5, potentially 6 within 40 miles. It's going to be a cracking league.

Speak for yourself :P

Pleased that Danny managed to keep them up, must have had the odd chuckle at our plight this season. He gets the boot, his old assistant makes a mess of it and then we go down, meaning he'll be facing us with Alloa.

Strong league next season, very much doubt we will get out of it, think we are back to the shit state of the 90's, where it was deemed acceptable to be mooching around for scraps season after season in the first division.

Go sit yourself on the toilet pan and flush your negativity down the drain.

We have a great bunch of youth as a basis something we did not have in the 90s plus we had players then who did not give a shit who should have been let go when relegated.

Next season will be a cracker whether we challenge or not it will prove more competitive than the last decade , well near enough a decade of fighting relegation almost every season

\danny Lennon in the past. Other than cup can't remember anything else. The year we got 8th everyone else was rubbish. The fans who keep writing about him need to let go and the only reason you do still write about him is we have not appointed another manager of any credibility. So the sooner we do and praying that we do someone with experience and there are loads out there looking for work the sooner you can put lennon out of this forum.

IN THE PAST

\danny Lennon in the past. Other than cup can't remember anything else. The year we got 8th everyone else was rubbish. The fans who keep writing about him need to let go and the only reason you do still write about him is we have not appointed another manager of any credibility. So the sooner we do and praying that we do someone with experience and there are loads out there looking for work the sooner you can put lennon out of this forum.

IN THE PAST

You mean the two years we finshed 8th? We did it in his 2nd season with our highest league placing in 25 years, highest number of SPL goals, most SPL clean sheets, most SPL wins and playing decent football for most of the season.

You mean the two years we finshed 8th? We did it in his 2nd season with our highest league placing in 25 years, highest number of SPL goals, most SPL clean sheets, most SPL wins and playing decent football for most of the season.

Could not care less about Danny Lennon now. Gone History. What about all the players who won the cup who he told to find new clubs don't hear their names mentioned he did not win cups on his own. Lets have a reflection Mair, Imrie, Carey to name but a few. Under the new set up we would have been in the playoffs 2 times in Danny's management time with the club 2011 and 2013. Nothing against him just fed up with talk of how we should have kept him.

Could not care less about Danny Lennon now. Gone History. What about all the players who won the cup who he told to find new clubs don't hear their names mentioned he did not win cups on his own. Lets have a reflection Mair, Imrie, Carey to name but a few. Under the new set up we would have been in the playoffs 2 times in Danny's management time with the club 2011 and 2013. Nothing against him just fed up with talk of how we should have kept him.

We had 39 points after 37 games last season... enough to avoid the play offs this season as well.

If you don't care about Danny Lennon, don't read the thread called Danny Lennon.

+1 for believing the Championship will be a cracking league next year. I'll be honest, as much as I hate Sevco and don't want to them to get promoted for the Lolz, I really hope they do go up so we're not in the same league as them next year.

Saints

Hibs

Motherwell

Morton

Falkirk

Raith

Livingston

Dumbarton

Alloa

QotS

Tidy little league, that. I'm glad DL has kept Alloa up and that he'll be back at SMP next season.

It's time people forget Danny. He was our manager he won the cup which we will always remember and I have nothing bad to say he seemed a decent lad. However some of his saints teams produced performances that were crap and his time was up. It just wasn't meant to be up with tommy staying we all know both should have went.

It's time for people on here to forget about you.

Danny is a legend and can expect a fantastic welcome when he comes back here next season with Alloa.

+1 for believing the Championship will be a cracking league next year. I'll be honest, as much as I hate Sevco and don't want to them to get promoted for the Lolz, I really hope they do go up so we're not in the same league as them next year.

Saints

Hibs

Motherwell

Morton

Falkirk

Raith

Livingston

Dumbarton

Alloa

QotS

Tidy little league, that. I'm glad DL has kept Alloa up and that he'll be back at SMP next season.

I've been saying it for ages. Next season is going to be great.

It's good that we'll going into it as a team who finished off a long SPL spell by winning games.

That gives me hope that we'll be competitive.

• 9 months later...

I've been saying it for ages. Next season is going to be great.

It's good that we'll going into it as a team who finished off a long SPL spell by winning games.

That gives me hope that we'll be competitive.

And another better from Oaky :lol:

Danny has been appointed Airdrie manager till the end of the season while their manager recovers from a stroke.

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1346020-danny-lennon-to-take-over-at-airdrie-as-boss-recovers-from-stroke/

Good luck to him. Airdrie are a club with ambitions of doing things the right way since they changed owners. I hadn't heard the sad news about Wolecki Black but but I hope he makes a full and quick recovery and that Lennon's time at Airdrie is short and fruitful. It's a good chance for him to shine again.