Season Tickets

You come across as a person who believes they have the right to vilify and berate whomever they please who then cries foul when it's done to them.

I'd suggest, using your logic (excuse), that so long as the people you are complaining about are football fans they are entitled to have a go at you as they are doing it on a FAN's forum about football.

Wrong!

I do say it as i see it, but I do not berate/vilify people unless i believe they have crossed a line, and for the two entities you mention what the hell are they doing on a fans forum having a go at fans? Are they so stupid they can't see how damaging it is to them and whoever they represent?

They try to bully, intimidate, shout down and encourage other saints fans to join in against anyone the see as a threat.

They are neither intelligent or considered, and they are exposed time and again when it comes to the crunch.

That's me purchased my first season ticket since the final season at Love St.

That's also when I gave mine up. I won't be buying another, however.

If they made it non-seat specific, I might consider it, but I like the freedom of coming and going as I please, and opting in and out as the mood takes.

I suggested another option for a pre-loadable smartcard a few years ago, and after a brief expression of interest on the part of the GM, it died a death. Opportunity missed, in my opinion, but no skin off my nose. The club would have benefitted from a level of commitment and guaranteed income, but the usual complacent short-sightedness won the day.

I will pick and choose my games as usual next season. Part-timer? So be it.

Wrong!

I do say it as i see it, but I do not berate/vilify people unless i believe they have crossed a line, and for the two entities you mention what the hell are they doing on a fans forum having a go at fans? Are they so stupid they can't see how damaging it is to them and whoever they represent?

They try to bully, intimidate, shout down and encourage other saints fans to join in against anyone the see as a threat.

They are neither intelligent or considered, and they are exposed time and again when it comes to the crunch.

Having read many posts that you have written over time the post above sounds like you're describing your own behaviour.....just my opinion on how you come across to me.

Going to renew mine tonight. Despite not knowing the management, despite not knowing the opposition, despite not knowing if the current lot will even try a leg in this season's two remaining games, despite not knowing if any of the current lot will be retained, despite not knowing who might be signed, and despite not knowing if the BoD will continue to treat us with almost un-interrupted silence and a degree of disdain.

It is blind faith time again, and it is that blind faith that the BoD hope sees many of us renew before we know the answers to any of the questions above.

I really do hope we don't have to lube up again and take any old crap right up the Neil Doncaster from them.

Fasten seatbelts...

Edited by pozbaird

Going to renew mine tonight. Despite not knowing the management, despite not knowing the opposition, despite not knowing if the current lot will even try a leg in this season's two remaining games, despite not knowing if any of the current lot will be retained, despite not knowing who might be signed, and despite not knowing if the BoD will continue to treat us with almost un-interrupted silence and a degree of disdain.

It is blind faith time again, and it is that blind faith that the BoD hope sees many of us renew before we know the answers to any of the questions above.

I really do hope we don't have to lube up again and take any old crap right up the Neil Doncaster from them.

Fasten seatbelts...

Hearts have sold more than 5,000 already , I'd take that as our total !

Good to see people renew :)

Good to see people renew smile.png

Even Hibs have sold 5k already, not knowing what level they will be playing next season. They do however have crowds around triple what we have, so you could say that they have almost sold a third of their average gate per game.

Even Hibs have sold 5k already, not knowing what level they will be playing next season. They do however have crowds around triple what we have, so you could say that they have almost sold a third of their average gate per game.

I agree , but to have 5,000+ home fans would be great at every game at our wee Lego stadium

We will sell at least 2000.

Make an imaginative managerial appointment (which pretty much amounts to not bumping up Paisley Panda or the kit man this time...or phoning Billy Stark), and we might see a wee upturn in ST sales.

Just renewed. Also ordered my 5 year old son his first ST. Hopefully we'll be cheering lots goals, singing lots of songs and watching the players dancing a about with a cup next May. That should get him hooked. Coys

Which team have you purchased season tickets for?

Good to see people renew smile.pngs

The Hearts comparison is quite interesting........they had a chairman (owner) and board that took them into administration and almost into oblivion yet a number of their fans had turned a blind eye (and in some cases actually supported) what was going on at their clubs. As a result they got deducted points, were forced by finances to play youngsters and got relegated. Their fans responded by buying season-tickets in numbers and turning up in record crowds.

We have a board who keep the club running without "real" debt and protecting our club from similar ills, a board that spends every penny the club makes on running the club and after a few bad decisions and appointments the club are relegated. I wish more of our fans would respond in a similar fashion to the Hearts fans.

Back the club and attempt to keep the revenue at as high a level as possible and give us a better chance at getting St Mirren back up to the top table.

The Hearts comparison is quite interesting........they had a chairman (owner) and board that took them into administration and almost into oblivion yet a number of their fans had turned a blind eye (and in some cases actually supported) what was going on at their clubs. As a result they got deducted points, were forced by finances to play youngsters and got relegated. Their fans responded by buying season-tickets in numbers and turning up in record crowds.

We have a board who keep the club running without "real" debt and protecting our club from similar ills, a board that spends every penny the club makes on running the club and after a few bad decisions and appointments the club are relegated. I wish more of our fans would respond in a similar fashion to the Hearts fans.

Back the club and attempt to keep the revenue at as high a level as possible and give us a better chance at getting St Mirren back up to the top table.

Hearts regularly host 16,000 crowds and can muster 30,000 for finals. We probably have about a core home gate of 3,500. I agree with Shull, I bet we sell about 2,000 STs. If we do, then that compares favourably to any club as a percentage of overall support levels.

Our problem isn't ST holders or pay at the gate fans in huge numbers spitting the dummy due to the current situation that festers on - manager, board, poor signings.. It is deeper than just this season's relegation. We are no different to ICT. They are in a cup final, Europe, high up the league, and they still cannot get bums on seats in any number at all. Must be painful for their board.

My mate reckons if we were in ICTs current position, we would get a buzz going around the town and beyond into Johnstone, Renfrew, Kilbarchan, etc, etc, and we would be getting 5,500 at home games.

I think our hard core will indeed back the club next season - home and away.

Hearts regularly host 16,000 crowds and can muster 30,000 for finals. We probably have about a core home gate of 3,500. I agree with Shull, I bet we sell about 2,000 STs. If we do, then that compares favourably to any club as a percentage of overall support levels.

Our problem isn't ST holders or pay at the gate fans in huge numbers spitting the dummy due to the current situation that festers on - manager, board, poor signings.. It is deeper than just this season's relegation. We are no different to ICT. They are in a cup final, Europe, high up the league, and they still cannot get bums on seats in any number at all. Must be painful for their board.

My mate reckons if we were in ICTs current position, we would get a buzz going around the town and beyond into Johnstone, Renfrew, Kilbarchan, etc, etc, and we would be getting 5,500 at home games.

I think our hard core will indeed back the club next season - home and away.

I don't disagree Poz but there are a number of folk "dummy-spitting" both here and even more-so on other social media. In the end most of these folk, like you and I, will buy our season tickets or PATG.

I know the circumstances were different and Hearts had been relegated for a while by the time they came to St Mirren Park last year but they had a defiance about them and a spirit and unity in their collective purpose despite the loonies who had taken them to near ruin.