St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

Massive actually. Nosferatu, in one of his previous guises, used to differ from me on absolutely everything - more so than any other St Mirren fan I know. The fact that we are now agreeing on a number of topics shows just how right we are.

You're right about the aliases but your interpretation of you and his latest funny username could also be seen as that you're a pair of trumpets.

Ach bollocks. I've always been shite with names. Stephen Kenny. Former Dunfermline Manager who currently has his Dundalk team 9 points clear at the top of the Irish Premier Division having won 11 and drawn 2 of their 13 matches so far this season.

And couldn't cut it when he managed in Scotland.

seems like young is now the new black .cant really lose as anything has to be better than the dross we have had to endure this season,feel a bit sorry for teale as we have improved in last few weeks,but maybe bod think too little too late,anyway good luck ian as saints support maybe a wee bit more demanding than sons fans

And couldn't cut it when he managed in Scotland.

Naw neither he could....rolleyes.gif

He couldn't overturn the large points deficit he inherited when he took over the job, but he still managed to close the gap to the point where St Mirren and Motherwell were shitting themselves and in the same season he took Dunfermline to a Scottish Cup Final where they lost 1-0 to Celtic - qualifying for the UEFA Cup as a result.

Prior to that and since then Kenny has been one of the most consistently successful managers in the Irish League.

In contrast Ian Murray has kept Dumbarton up two seasons in a row and done f**k all else.

Oh and before anyone has a go at the other name - Gardner Speirs - he's the boss that recognised the talent that was Andrew Robertson, Blair Spittal and Aidan Connolly and had a pretty good record in youth development at Clyde and at Aberdeen. And he took Ross County to second place in the First Division having taken over a poor John Robertson side in the year St Mirren won promotion, before leaving in April.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Naw neither he could....:rolleyes:

He couldn't overturn the large points deficit he inherited when he took over the job, but he still managed to close the gap to the point where St Mirren and Motherwell were shitting themselves and in the same season he took Dunfermline to a Scottish Cup Final where they lost 1-0 to Celtic - qualifying for the UEFA Cup as a result.

Prior to that and since then Kenny has been one of the most consistently successful managers in the Irish League.

In contrast Ian Murray has kept Dumbarton up two seasons in a row and done f**k all else.

Oh and before anyone has a go at the other name - Gardner Speirs - he's the boss that recognised the talent that was Andrew Robertson, Blair Spittal and Aidan Connolly and had a pretty good record in youth development at Clyde and at Aberdeen. And he took Ross County to second place in the First Division having taken over a poor John Robertson side in the year St Mirren won promotion, before leaving in April.

He was that successful that the best team in Ireland, having just won two titles and made the group stages of the Europa League, had their worst season for years after they signed him. He was bagged after less than a year.

He was that successful that the best team in Ireland, having just won two titles and made the group stages of the Europa League, had their worst season for years after they signed him. He was bagged after less than a year.

He is currently managing the best team in Ireland having led them to a league title last season and having currently gone all 13 matches without defeat. You are making an arse of yourself on this one, especially if you honestly think Ian Murray's record holds up to Stephen Kennys :rolleyes:

He is currently managing the best team in Ireland having led them to a league title last season and having currently gone all 13 matches without defeat. You are making an arse of yourself on this one, especially if you honestly think Ian Murray's record holds up to Stephen Kennys :rolleyes:

Who is saying Ian Murray's record holds up to anyone you care to pluck from Ireland, Poland, Iceland or La La Land?

His first gig in football was Dumbarton, and he kept them in the Championship - and they are Scotland's best part-time team. That's it.

There will be managers in the Greek second division with good records... Who gives a toss?

It's a change.

A lot of paying punters demanded change.

It could well be shite.

But the paying fans have got what they want.

I won't argue with that.

I'll still be a St Mirren fanatic. It's a burden sometimes. But not often. :)

Pat Fenlon had a great record in Ireland. So did Ian Barraclough. And Michael O'Neill. Means f*ck all, in relation to the Scottish game.

Who is saying Ian Murray's record holds up to anyone you care to pluck from Ireland, Poland, Iceland or La La Land?

His first gig in football was Dumbarton, and he kept them in the Championship - and they are Scotland's best part-time team. That's it.

There will be managers in the Greek second division with good records... Who gives a toss?

As I've said - Murray is an uninspiring choice. He doesn't appear to fit the job description. He isn't someone who has developed youth talent to any degree at all; his track record as a manager also shows that he doesn't appear to have the tactical ability to organise his team to make them difficult to score against, or hard to beat; and the achievement that he appears to be getting praised for saw him end the season with no wins from the last six fixtures collecting only 1 point from a possible 18. The deed is done now. Murray will be a step up from Craig, but the fact that the club are in a position where they are appointing yet another cheap option having just last year let go of a more impressive manager in Danny Lennon speaks volumes for the lack of direction the club is showing.

As I've said - Murray is an uninspiring choice. He doesn't appear to fit the job description. He isn't someone who has developed youth talent to any degree at all; his track record as a manager also shows that he doesn't appear to have the tactical ability to organise his team to make them difficult to score against, or hard to beat; and the achievement that he appears to be getting praised for saw him end the season with no wins from the last six fixtures collecting only 1 point from a possible 18. The deed is done now. Murray will be a step up from Craig, but the fact that the club are in a position where they are appointing yet another cheap option having just last year let go of a more impressive manager in Danny Lennon speaks volumes for the lack of direction the club is showing.

Yeah, we know what you and your other aliases are saying.

Pat Fenlon had a great record in Ireland. So did Ian Barraclough. And Michael O'Neill. Means f*ck all, in relation to the Scottish game.

Barraclough and Fenlon only ever won trophies with one club but even at that they both have more impressive records than Ian Murray - and if you are condemning Fenlon because of Hibs performance in the league you should remember than they were mid table having gone on a run of having lost just one game in 9 in the SPL before resigning after losing to Hearts in the League Cup Quarter Final in November 2013. Hibs only hit the skids after Fenlon had left and Butcher took over.

Yeah, we know what you and your other aliases are saying.

So now I'm Lord Pityme - who I've had many an argument with over 10000 Hours, and nosferatu who most who have identified who he is will remember was one of my biggest detractors both on here and more predominately on Pie and Bovril. It wasn't that long ago someone was saying you were one of my aliases too. To be honest it's sad to see you, a once witty, entertaining and relevant poster reduced to such a tired and worn out tactic. 1/10 :rolleyes:

So now I'm Lord Pityme - who I've had many an argument with over 10000 Hours, and nosferatu who most who have identified who he is will remember was one of my biggest detractors both on here and more predominately on Pie and Bovril. It wasn't that long ago someone was saying you were one of my aliases too. To be honest it's sad to see you, a once witty, entertaining and relevant poster reduced to such a tired and worn out tactic. 1/10 :rolleyes:

An uninspired post. There's a guy on a forum in County Donegal with a far better posting record. We should get him on here.

I am often critical of our BOD but at least this time they have not gone for the lazy option of Teale, so well done.

Like Gary but he was not the right man for the job.

Now sort out the kits, match day experience, commercial side, website, stadium, communication with supporters, etc, etc......

That's all I ask, not too much surely?