The Blue Puke V St Mirren - 7/8/15

TopCat

Plenty of vetran strikers do well with a busy player beside them doing their running, unfortunately for Thommo he is being isolated and doesn't have the energy to close down and prevent them playing from the back. If the manager is going to use the big man, the least he can do is play to his strengths.

Not impressed with Thommo. Appalling. Walking about on a stroll. When he gets it distribution awful. I'd hook him half time. This one up does not suit him.

He's a yard late to balls, by which I mean he's not set to receive and is stretching for every ball. He can't even keep up with the ball long enough to put a foot on it, that's if he's still upright.

I've no doubt he'll do it against Alloa, Dumbarton or Morton, but from the best part I don't see him offering much. Even with someone alongside, he won't lead the line effectively.

We aren't expecting to win this so i hope Ian Murray brings on the young guy Calum and lets him run at them. Plus a few words of encouragement to the left back Conlon who has to be better than this showing.

We need Goodwin to make a presence in the middle of the park.

Thommo' still has a role to play in what must surely be his final hurrah - but up top on his lonesome at Sevco isn't it. We look decent when we break forward down the flanks, and no doubt the plan was to create that width and feed Thommo, but Thommo simply doesn't have the legs any more. Against 'lesser' teams at home it might work better, but it ain't working here. Murray might not change it at only 2-1 mind you. Somehow, we're still in this game.

Thommo' still has a role to play in what must surely be his final hurrah - but up top on his lonesome at Sevco isn't it. We look decent when we break forward down the flanks, and no doubt the plan was to create that width and feed Thommo, but Thommo simply doesn't have the legs any more. Against 'lesser' teams at home it might work better, but it ain't working here. Murray might not change it at only 2-1 mind you. Somehow, we're still in this game.

been saying the same re Thommo, keep him to squash the ton and the likes. Get a runner on just now. Gallo?