The Blue Puke V St Mirren - 7/8/15

TopCat

Like our strip this season ........

As for last night , I just cannot understand what Thommo was thinking. The ball spotting was odd, the two step up approach , ? His whole demeanour and mental approach to the kick seemed away, what was he trying to do with his foot and the strike, I just think he bottled it tbh.

Who is our new taker, Mullen ????

We lost, that's it plain and simple and Greyskull remains a horrible toxic place for away fans and players to go to. That's just how The Govan club want it I suppose, apply intimidation at all opportunity, so , home advantage , whatever, that's how it goes with 35k plus season tickets.

We had glimpses of positivity, but last night was a wee insight for Mr MUrray into St mirrens capacity for shooting ourselves in the foot and not taking chances. For me , it's changing that mentality that will be Murrays challenge this year.

I am pig sick about that last night , jeez, got that feeling, here we are , one game in, but that is allegedly a big challenging game out the way, personally I don't buy that, Rangers are still a poor team, but their home advantage won them that last night.

Our Fans singing Flower of Scotland in retaliation to Rule Brittania.

FFS - PLEASE F*CKING NAW !!! MEGACRINGE !!!

Neither Scotland or Britain were playing.

Oh When The Saints would have been fine.

Edited by shull

Lets face it Thommo was dire last night, but didn't realise how dire until I watched

the highlights, shame really, I would have hooked him at half time.

For the first 20 mins there every attack came bombing down the right wing, Conlan

was having a torrid time but he had a lot to contend with, seemed to settle after that

and played ok for the rest of the match,

Would have liked to have seen Goody playing in place of Agnew or Mallan they seemed

a bit lightweight and too similar, actually thought Agnew was pretty poor last night.

As already been said we gave them far to much respect but there were lots of positives

we can take from the game, a couple of decent signings and we wont be far away this

season..

Oh and there fans are fcuking scum, think they must be handing out free methadone at

the turnstiles, junkie looking cnuts, but some of our fans can give as good as they get...

Can I ask a favour of my fellow forum posters..?

Please can you stop referring to last nights game, and all Rangers, Hibs games in general as.. 'Games to get out of the way' or 'games that wont define our season'..

We are in this league to win it, that means we should expect to be able to beat every team in it, if not then you are writing off 24 points before a ball was kicked and i don't know about you, but I don't think teams vying for promotion can afford to have that mindset??? We could have got a result last night, the manager needs to take the blame for his selection, and tactics namely set piece takers.

I feel we need about six weeks to get ourselves up to speed with this league and with the other three or four still to come in we could do better than I thought .Once we tighten things up and stop standing way off teams giving teams to much respect and concentrate on our own game we will be fine .

Please can you stop referring to last nights game, and all Rangers, Hibs games in general as.. 'Games to get out of the way' or 'games that wont define our season'..

You can ask, but you're not getting it. If people think that, that's their perogative. We have now lost something like the last 14 out of 17 games against that mob, so while unpalatable and difficult to accept, it does seem clear that we are unlikely to get much joy from games against them so while it would be nice to sneak a result here and there, history suggests these are indeed games to get out of the way - and they sure as hell won't define our season.

Maybe we could do a deal though. If we agree to your request, in return, could you stop making every post a tedious rant against Ian Murray?

Edited by pozbaird

I feel we need about six weeks to get ourselves up to speed with this league and with the other three or four still to come in we could do better than I thought .Once we tighten things up and stop standing way off teams giving teams to much respect and concentrate on our own game we will be fine .

Who is this stranger?

Our Fans singing Flower of Scotland in retaliation to Rule Brittania.

FFS - PLEASE F*CKING NAW !!! MEGACRINGE !!!

Neither Scotland or Britain were playing.

Oh When The Saints would have been fine.

I was gutted there was no "lizzie is a nazi" chants. devastated:(

I momentarily turned round after the penalty miss and noticed a large group of them trying to break through the Steward's cordon and trying to get towards the St Mirren support..

Thankfully the Stewards held firm.

The hate of those scumcnut's faces was frightening.

Thankfully me and the wee yin were down the front and facing the pitch most of the time.

I really should have known better and not attended that shitehole.

Never be back.

And this was a surprise to you?

All our opponents watching last night will target our young central defensive partnership

I think a significant moment was Jack Baird's wee introductory wave to Championship forwards (putting the Rangers captain and Scotland cap up in the air).

No doubt opposition attackers will take advantage of our inexperience at times. Steven Craig has been round the block a few times, and he could well cause us problems next week. However, there will have been be a few players sat watching the game last night who will not fancy coming up against Baird one bit.

Plenty of positives to take from last night's encounter. Despite being slightly overawed and overran at points in the first 25 mins we found our way into the game and competed throughout from then on in. At 2-0 I feared we may be onto a hiding but scored a smart goal and then made a real game of it.

The bearded Thomohawk missed a penalty on opening day at Dunfermline a few years ago while unshaven. Promptly announced on sportscene that week that it came off straight after the game. He obviously didn't learn his lesson, the naughty boy. I still have faith in him and think he will be a big asset throughout the course of a long and tough season. Please don't right him off or worse turn on him at matches and make him the new 'cheesey'. Please! We do love finding a scape goat. :-( Save our frustrations for the opposition and officials. :-)

Really warming to Baird, looks a real talent and alongside Kelly will do well this season. Carswell, Agnew and McMullan looked tidy on the ball at times and showed glimpses of better times around the corner.

A very young side who acquitted themselves well at times and they should be proud of their efforts.

Looking forward to what should be an enjoyable season for St Mirren FC.:-)

Really looking forward to our next game against Dumbarton. I never once felt like that last season which was brutal from start to finish.

Football for a St Mirren fan is all about hope and I have plenty of that in this squad and management team confident we will add a few key players in the likes of Shankland and Langfield in the coming weeks.:-)

Bring on Dumbarton!

Edited by Mr Zo

We are in this league to win it, that means we should expect to be able to beat every team in it, if not then you are writing off 24 points before a ball was kicked and i don't know about you, but I don't think teams vying for promotion can afford to have that mindset??? We could have got a result last night, the manager needs to take the blame for his selection, and tactics namely set piece takers.

Relax, their not doing the business on the park.

Its good this forum has a variety of opinions held. My owns from last night are much in line with some others on this forum. Ridgers saved us on many a occasion with his point blank stops however his lack of command of the penalty box was poor combined with his kicking of the ball. Agnew in my opinion was a little dynamo, but no sooner had he won the ball only to turn into trouble and loose possession. During the first 25mins we were overrun, in particular down the left time and time again, the occasion seemed to get to Conlon, certainly the left side needs sorting out. McMullan had a great game unfortunately he had little support. Thommo should never have taken the penalty and even although he has scored a few penalties his taking of them is dubious to say the least, and I am not just saying that because he missed the penalty last night. I also thought Baird, whilst a bit rough round the edges, was good on the night. The boy Gallagher came on for a short period from what I saw of him I think he will be a good asset. Overall it was not the best performance, and another striker along with a goalkeeper is a must, however whist a defeat is never good their were a lot of positives to be taken from this game. I like the direction that Ian Murray is trying to take the club, but it will take time before he has got the team playing the way he wants.

Edited by stripey

You can ask, but you're not getting it. If people think that, that's their perogative. We have now lost something like the last 14 out of 17 games against that mob, so while unpalatable and difficult to accept, it does seem clear that we are unlikely to get much joy from games against them so while it would be nice to sneak a result here and there, history suggests these are indeed games to get out of the way - and they sure as hell won't define our season.

Maybe we could do a deal though. If we agree to your request, in return, could you stop making every post a tedious rant against Ian Murray?

I will ignore the usual bile in you post and address the main point. If..! Following your logic, you class rangers/ Hibs games as one to get out of the way then you will not be promoted. Because by definition what you are saying is those two will beat every team in the league, that meaning St Mirren will neither win the title, or the play offs. So following your logic what is the point in even being in a lower league if you state you'll never win it?

Forgive me but I actually thought a nearly defunct Hearts ran Sevco and the rest ragged last season after being relegated, why do some of us passionately believe we are incapable of doing the same in a LOWER league??? Can we not sign decent players? Is our manager already incapable of building and developing a team to win the league? Will it as some posters believe all magically happen 'in the next few years?'

If anyone at our club is actually planning not to be promoted, perhaps they could have come out with that before selling over 2500 season tickets to a support that thinks differently.

I will ignore the usual bile in you post and address the main point. If..! Following your logic, you class rangers/ Hibs games as one to get out of the way then you will not be promoted. Because by definition what you are saying is those two will beat every team in the league, that meaning St Mirren will neither win the title, or the play offs. So following your logic what is the point in even being in a lower league if you state you'll never win it?

Forgive me but I actually thought a nearly defunct Hearts ran Sevco and the rest ragged last season after being relegated, why do some of us passionately believe we are incapable of doing the same in a LOWER league??? Can we not sign decent players? Is our manager already incapable of building and developing a team to win the league? Will it as some posters believe all magically happen 'in the next few years?'

If anyone at our club is actually planning not to be promoted, perhaps they could have come out with that before selling over 2500 season tickets to a support that thinks differently.

What bile? Please highlight it in my post.

Thanks.

I momentarily turned round after the penalty miss and noticed a large group of them trying to break through the Steward's cordon and trying to get towards the St Mirren support..

Thankfully the Stewards held firm.

The hate of those scumcnut's faces was frightening.

Thankfully me and the wee yin were down the front and facing the pitch most of the time.

I really should have known better and not attended that shitehole.

Never be back.

After the Celtic friendlies and us putting up Celtic signs at New Love street, they probably think we are a Catholic feeder club this might be their imbecilic, moronic thinking.

After the Celtic friendlies and us putting up Celtic signs at New Love street, they probably think we are a Catholic feeder club this might be their imbecilic, moronic thinking.

The blue bigot Neanderthals have had us down as "papes" since they emerged from the primordial soup because we've got "Saint" in our name.