New 1877 Members Only Supporters Club

we had a similar deal for a work outing at Cowglen for £30 for a round and a meal last 2 years. they post £50 for the round, £9.50 for the meal per head

we got 45 people at £30 pounds per head

But the cowglen members paid the full whack, and if the club representatives are not paying then i can see where some of the money goes

i just don't see £1100 pound returned for youth development out of more than 4K as a brilliant return

Edited by beyond our ken

£1100 out of £4k sounds like a pretty decent profit margin to me

But it's a fund raiser, not a commercial enterprise.

It is £1100 youth development never had before.

True, and I'm not knocking the fact that money was raised. If i was paying for something like that I would expect more of my cash to go to the cause than anywhere else.

True, and I'm not knocking the fact that money was raised. If i was paying for something like that I would expect more of my cash to go to the cause than anywhere else.

Was on a golf society day on Friday just gone. A mate organises it every year. They're Profit margin is £10 her head on the society day itself.

They then hit golfers with various charges through the day to boost their fundraising.

One of them being a buggy waiting somewhere on the course to "relieve you of £10 to carry on".

Fine's for shanking off the 1st tee.

a mate playing his first ever round of golf just wanted to play 1 good shot all round, his approach to the 18th. Hooked the ball onto the club house patio = £20 fine. It all adds up.

anyways, without knowing the costs or the facts of the day, I find it impossible to criticise.

unashamed editing. Thanks Poz for pointing out.

Edited by Kombi Buddie

It raises cash for youth development, and it raises cash for Paisley GC, and it sees those taking part get a good deal for a breakfast roll & coffee, a round on a good course, a nice meal, and the intangible part that you can't put a monetary value on - getting to play with, and mingle with, players and staff of the club you support.

I don't see any losers in the golf day. In fact, it's a very successful event well thought-out by the Fan Council.

Was on a golf society day on Friday just gone. A mate organises it every year. They're Profit margin is £10 her head on the society day itself.

They then hit golfers with various charges through the day to boost their fundraising.

One of them being a buggy waiting somewhere on the course to "relieve you of £10 to carry on".

Fine's for shanking off the 1st team.

a mate playing his first ever round of golf just wanted to play 1 good shot all round, his approach to the 18th. Hooked the ball onto the club house patio = £20 fine. It all adds up.

anyways, without knowing the costs or the facts of the day, I find it impossible to criticise.

Fcuk that for an idea! I'd be bankrupt after the first 9 ;-)

Got an email from the fans council today on this confirming that;

One new feature we have been able to incorporate in our club is a limited "sign in" facility where a member can sign in a non member on a pre booked basis. Places will be limited and the guest will pay a £6 admittance fee so as not to disadvantage paying members.

£6?????

They must be building a zoo in the club coz they're having a giraffe! This is designed to keep visitors out, i think.

I declined the offer to join because there is still no clear idea of member's rights or the terms of membership.

I'm even less impressed than before, they seem to be making it up as they go along.

One new feature we have been able to incorporate in our club is a limited "sign in" facility where a member can sign in a non member on a pre booked basis. Places will be limited and the guest will pay a £6 admittance fee so as not to disadvantage paying members.

So if 300 members turn up I take it their guests will be asked to leave due to overcrowding?

Shambles.

Predictably they waited until the 300 applications are in then move the goalposts.

Issues raised and committee member tells you if you don't like it then don't join.

Can only 300 in if let away in they would be no room for home fans. What wud be the point of that. But it's very simple if you don't want to be a member than that's your choice.

A day and a half later we get this feedback...

The biggest talking point on this forum would appear to be about "signing in" a mate.

We have obviously discussed this issue so it's not news to us. There are a number of difficulties with this such as the following:

How do we ensure there is no overcrowding ?

How do we make sure that regular paying members are not disadvantaged by the odd supporter who turns up from time to time.

Do we rely on a system where members advise us they will not be using the facility and free up a place ? Who manages this ?

When you sign a pal in does he get in free when members are paying their monthly contribution ? Of course not !

We are open to suggestions to resolve this in a fair manner which DOES NOT disadvantage our paying supporter club members

Then asked this question, which like every other direct question they didn't answer.

Will the goalposts be moved just in time for intersted fans to miss out?

It's great that the facility is being created, just a shame that they half arsed thought their way to a terrible proposal.