Club Shop Rebranded

Celtic fan on PNB saying it was 200k now too.

Ah well, even it it was *only* 60k and 2 loan players that's excellent business in my opinion. Hopefully get this Tierney lad signed up next week.

They'll be here all season, the sign was there for a few hours.

Celtic fan on PNB saying it was 200k now too.

Ah well, even it it was *only* 60k and 2 loan players that's excellent business in my opinion. Hopefully get this Tierney lad signed up next week.

They'll be here all season, the sign was there for a few hours.

Good coming from the guy that thought Tommy Craig was good business.

Good coming from the guy that thought Tommy Craig was good business.

I never once said that...?

I was against the appointment of Tommy Craig. I had to change my name from Lex because I said there was no way he'd get the job :lol:

must try bettersnore.gif

In what way? Will i speak about how several St Mirren players (allegedly) put a bet on Celtic to win the league and what happened? We bent over for a royal pumping. HOWEVER! I'll still take their money for a stupid wee sign being put up for a few weeks in the close season. Who gives a flying jobby about the sign being taken down for a few hours?!

Edited by dr rotund

Seems to me that this is going round and round in circles.

Tony S is absolutely correct in that this is NOT about the deal itself, but the fact that THEIR sign went up and OURS came down.

I don't believe for one second that finding an alternative to this would have been a deal breaker. There are a million and one alternatives that could have been used which no one would have been particularly arsed about.

To even suggest that a refusal by the BOD to allow the sign change would have jeopardised the deal and caused redundancies is insulting to the intelligence.

This is about much more. I am immensely proud to be a Buddie and will do everything possible to protect that pride. So when the big bully fae up the road comes knocking, I will get defensive. For me it's about history, pride, integrity and NOT getting bullied. Especially by those two showers of shite.

It's a great deal for the club, no question of that, but this signage thing reeks of a BOD that just nods their head and wheechs down their breeks and I really don't believe that a compromise couldn't have been made.

Over emotional? Maybe, but I love the fact that I have that passion for the Buddies.

As I left work last night and said cheerio to a colleague of a green persuasion, his response was "Hail Hail Brother". Raging.

You're absolutely spot on. Edited by Leicester Saint

I hear it's £200k plus add-ons. The eventual figure's going to be so high you'll be able to see it from space. Scott Brown and Craig Gordon are the loanees as well. Cracking work from the BoD, well done.

Don't be ridiculous........................ it had nothing to do with the BoD.

It woz Cheesy wot dun it. :) Edited by bluto

Disgusting? Embarassed? Will never forget? Unlikely to forgive? Shameful?

If you and the other drama queens on here don't like this sort of thing there's a very easy solution.

Simply open your wallets and give the club your money.

The cold hard reality is that people have lost their jobs at our club and we're struggling.

Either put up or shut up.

The board have had to actually do something to keep the lights on.

What have you done?

It's easy to be a coward behind your keyboard.

What a moron, what a moron indeed.

The drama queen is you madam.

In what way? Will i speak about how several St Mirren players (allegedly) put a bet on Celtic to win the league and what happened? We bent over for a royal pumping. HOWEVER! I'll still take their money for a stupid wee sign being put up for a few weeks in the close season. Who gives a flying jobby about the sign being taken down for a few hours?!

I hate to agree with Fatty boy but that was one of the most shameful performances i have ever seen from a St Mirren team. Our team were decent then but we lay down to them. However when it comes to taking the sign down....that is a disgrace! A big window poster saying Celtic merchandise on sale would have sufficed, can you imagine the shock and horror if Celtic took signs down to allow Rangers to use their facilities?

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

You wouldn't know, you don't draw any lines you'd let everyone shit all over us as long as it doesn't start any trouble.

Correct. I'm a lover not a fighter. Did I not say that before.

You mentioned two words on this thread.

Integrity?

Scruples?

Did you get a thesaurus for your birthday or did you just nick one from Waterstones?

Edited by oaksoft

Correct. I'm a lover not a fighter. Did I not say that before.

You mentioned two words on this thread.

Integrity?

Scruples?

Did you get a thesaurus for your birthday or did you just nick one from Waterstones?

What's a thesaurus? Is it an animal in Jurassic Park?

Hi, folks. A long-time lurker but first-time contributor here. I'm finding this discussion quite interesting so wanted to chuck my thoughts into the mix.

There's varied opinions on how Celtic have been allowed to re-brand (yes, a couple of signs and some seat covers does count as re-branding IMHO) our club's stadium. I can totally understand that the club's board are looking to maximise income and I have no issues with the stadium being rented out for any other team's use. Ground sharing is hardly a new idea.

When my Father passed from a terminal illness, my family and I struggled with finding a suitable memorial. Getting something like a plaque at the memorial garden or naming a bench in a park didn't seem appropriate as these weren't relevant to his life. Something that was very relevant to his life was following St. Mirren and when the club advertised the possibility to "buy a brick" on the stadium wall I was delighted with the idea. Spending £100 to have a name on a slate and stuck to a wall maybe isn't the grandest memorial for a person's life but it meant a lot to us in far more important terms than that.

Many on here have argued that the Celtic signage on our club's stadium wall is an irrelevance and that the deal made good fiscal sense. That is all well and good but I can't help but feel let down by the custodians of our club. I strongly believe that Celtic, along with the other half of the Old Firm, are a horrible institution that have exploited one of the worst aspects of Scottish "culture" for their own gain. To know that my Father's memorial has shared a wall with anything to do with publicising and promoting a club like Celtic has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I commend the current board for trying to raise funds for the club (the recent idea of using the grounds for airport parking is a great one!) but I hope that they realise that St. Mirren Park means a bit more to some people in an emotional sense.

My dad passed away, and there's a brick for him on the section of wall where the ticket office and the shop are, so pretty close to where the Celtic sign went up. Doesn't change a thing as far as I'm concerned, it was a temporary arrangement and the biggest problem I can see is that it was one of 'them', and we hate 'them' with a vengeance, that in some cases in this thread I think has verged uncomfortably close to being unhealthy.

Despite my 'meh' attitude to the branding, doesn't alter the fact the BoD have (once again) scored an un-neccessary own goal with their sheer thoughtlessness and inabilty to communicate properly with the St Mirren support.

Sooner they are replaced the better.

Edited by pozbaird

Celtic are only promoting themselves to their own fans and their own TV Company.

When the Bradford game comes along, Celtic will be history and long forgotten about.

The Bricks will always be always be there and memories of Buddies fondly remembered.

Welcome Ayrshire_Bud.

My dad passed away, and there's a brick for him on the section of wall where the ticket office and the shop are, so pretty close to where the Celtic sign went up. Doesn't change a thing as far as I'm concerned, it was a temporary arrangement and the biggest problem I can see is that it was one of 'them', and we hate 'them' with a vengeance, that in some cases in this thread I think has verged uncomfortably close to being unhealthy.

Despite my 'meh' attitude to the branding, doesn't alter the fact the BoD have (once again) scored an un-neccessary own goal with their sheer thoughtlessness and inabilty to communicate properly with the St Mirren support.

Sooner they are replaced the better.

I'd agree with this point.

I find it very disappointing that the board couldn't just give a brief statement on the website with what was happening at the ground over the summer, an idea of the figures involved and what they can achieve with this additional revenue.

I'd agree with this point.

I find it very disappointing that the board couldn't just give a brief statement on the website with what was happening at the ground over the summer, an idea of the figures involved and what they can achieve with this additional revenue.

Indeed. Would have taken them five minutes to draft a few words ahead of that Celtic sign going up, and would have taken Norrie another ten minutes to post their words up on the club website. How difficult would that have been? The worrying thing is that they simply seem to have not even realised that the Celtic sign going up WAS a symbolic act that would upset and annoy St Mirren fans to varying degrees. The buckets of sand down Greenhill Road way in which to bury your head must be the size of a swimming pool.

Incidentally, my 'meh' view is merely my own, I understand folk getting upset and annoyed by the symbolism the Celtic sign portrays, however, some folk saying they will never be back etc is simply staggering. By being so angry about the sign is supposed to reflect how dearly you hold St Mirren in your heart? Well, in that case get your arse down to all the games this season and support a new young manager trying his best to make St Mirren better...

Edited by pozbaird