Mads Ibenfeldt

Big_Mougie

Where did I mention he thought he was as good as?

He said he wasn't impressive then in the very next sentence called his style similar to a guy who has won the world cup.

you made out the op had said he wasn't that decent then made out he was as good as a World Cup winner.

When in fact he only said was similar style of play so simmer down

Edited by buddies1877

you made out the op had said he wasn't that decent then made out he was as good as a World Cup winner.

When in fact he only said was similar style of play so simmer down

Ah so I 'made it out'....so I didn't say it. Cheers for clearing that up! :)

Edited by djchapsticks

Haining was excellent for us, i think we beat off quite a few other teams when we managed to sign Haining, it was quite a coup at the time, will never forget his performance that day we beat falkirk, best player on the park by miles.

My top 3 St.mirren players were Carey, Dorman and Haining.

I thought Haining was better than both them during their times wih us.

think back to our first season back in the SPL.

think back to kirk's performances in the run in.

think back to kirk's 10/10 performance at tannadice

probably the best performance from a defender ive ever seen in a saints jersey

will gaining couldn't have done that

don't get me wrong, i liked him

but he wasn't in kirk's league

Darren mcgregors form prior 1st knee cruciet was outstanding his goal at Ibrox brilliant and if i remember Craig leven said he was due a call up to his squad before injury....but you cannot say big Kirkys performances season we won league 05/06 were nothing short of outstanding his going forward runs from defence and his tracking back were class big Kirky edges it for me .

Haining's approach to a match was to put in an early crunching tackle (fine.... usually), and then go missing for periods on the basis that opposition players would stay out of his way. He would then pop up with a completely unnecessary lunge somewhere in the middle of the park, pick up a booking, and you would be watching through your fingers for the remainder of the game, waiting on him picking up another.

Cuthbert, Broadfoot, and McGregor were all better players, and contributed more to the team effort. Haining could be decent in the air, though, I'll give him that.

Haining was excellent for us, i think we beat off quite a few other teams when we managed to sign Haining, it was quite a coup at the time, will never forget his performance that day we beat falkirk, best player on the park by miles.

My top 3 St.mirren players were Carey, Dorman and Haining.

What day we beat Falkirk?