Saints V Raith Rovers

FTOF

Two 6ft plus centre backs who never attack the ball, a keeper who can't distribute the ball, a midfield who Goodwin apart won't make a tackle and a manager consistently making weird substitutions. Add in players looking unfit (Mallan looks a stone heavier than last season) and a total lack of confidence and you have a total shit storm which is threatening to totally engulf the season. Something needs to change fast. I have never seen a side look so unenthusiastic and no one seems to be enjoying their work. I have a hunch all is not well behind the scenes.

Just absolutely speachless, I don't think I've ever been so wrong about a Manager. I've been discussing Murray with a Dumbarton supporting mate recently and it appears none of what we've seen is a surprise to him. Today was just yet more nonsense where he actually decided to destroy any momentum we had. A strike of genius to go 4-1-3-2, or luck, but then to kill it by putting one of his greyhounds on is inexcusable. All that after a first half where we sat off as if we were playing Barcelona and were in awe.

Some will come on here and launch off about, sorry discuss, the mood on here and the abuse etc. But we can't press, can't retain possession, can't stop the crosses coming in and look shaky at any ball coming across the box. We have an assistant with no real experience, a manager who may have been found out by Mowbray levels and we're applauding people for effort because there's very little else to applaud. Shankland and Gallacher really deserve better, Shanks under 21 career could even be over.

The first half reminded me very much of a game against Raith the season we were relegated the last time. Weeee Joe Miller scored and the players were about to get booed off at half-time before Quitongo poked one in from about half an inch.

Despite my rambling during the week about not panicking and needing time I can see this season going the same way that one did.

Oh and, for the last time, what is all this f**king bullied bullshit? Is it some sort of new age thing? We're just not playing well enough. We don't have possession or dominate because we are setup to be spineless and easy to beat. Nobody is constantly being pushed off the ball or even kicked out the game, because we never have the ball enough. Someone said Gallacher went off due to being bullied, utter f**king nonsense. He was just after two 60 yard runs where his opponent had a 10 yard start. After the 2nd one, the clueless arse in W1 with the cap on, shouted at him to stop shitting it...no doubt because he didn't "f**king do him".

We're poorly organised, lacking a real shape or plan, rarely press and that leads to errors in possession due to nerves and forcing things. What we aren't being is bullied.

Edited by TsuMirren

Worst I've ever seen for me, and I'm including Coughlin in that. 5 home games against Championship opposition this season:

Dumbarton - Lose 2-1 to part timers.

Livi - Lose 2-3 and out League Cup to team who just avoided relegation las year.

Livi - Draw 1-1 in another rubbish performance.

Falkirk - Lose 2-3 after a disgraceful second half.

Raith - Lose 2-1, well beaten by a Raith side who hadn't even scored on the road this season.

Did Coughlin ever have five consecutive home game like that? Four defeats and one draw against teams who finished fifth and lower in last seasons second tier?

Edited by TopCat

I'm not happy with performances and Murray wasn't my first choice but I'd still give him the season and the start of next to get it right.

We will be in another league if that's allowed to happen

I was told by Pro's that he was a stubborn man and doesn't change his ways

Part of his job is decision making and he's sadly lacking in that department

Our midfield was crying out for change midway through the second half as Carswell who offered nothing all night was tiring badly.

Howieson who was far better in the middle was also struggling and it caused Raith to get a foothold again

He takes a forward off and stuck a very slight wide man up front

In saying that he's not only one at the Club who is a very poor decision maker these days

Don't know what to say.

I think first half was as bad as I can remember. Second half better but you always knew the sucker punch was coming,

Where do we go from here? I have no idea. Still think we have the players to go to the play offs but things need to change quickly. I think there is a problem with the mentality.

Webster is the turning into the new Danny Granger and frankly I'm not convinced by Watson, Langfield looked as if he was drunk first half