Livingston V St Mirren Championship 17/10/15

shull

That's hardly a skill, nevertheless he usually fails to control the ball or tries some stupid lazy 5 a sides pass. The only way Agnew will be compared to Baxter will be if he develops a drink problem. As said already, he needs to adapt to expectation and reaction. He's not at Dumbarton, where a luxury type making a few passes is good enough.

his skill is his shooting other teams know this so block him in numbers. He then has the vision to pass to someone who he has made space for which I'd also consider a skill. Think he has a role to play still. Edited by Hambud

so he is the new mcausland? correct me if im wrong but isn't he our top goal scorer ?

i would have thought that's a start goals=points=prizes

whistling.gif

I seem to recall Drury being ripped apart when top scorer.

He also gave away a penalty this season, gives away possession too easily and is weak in the tackle. They're fine though in this new age world of celebrating mediocrity.

I was talking to some Buds in the Bankhouse at 5 past 6 who were just back from the game 1eye.gif and you cant get out the car park 28mins after the game is finish with only around 1200 fans there (sorry 1199 since you are a customer) lol.gif

Yep. I wasn't the only one. Div was the guy who eventually let me out. Campbell Kennedy hadn't even bothered turning his engine over.

Delighted with the 3 points but we have not turned a corner yet. Livi should have won that. Missed penalty and a string of good chances in the second half thwarted by Langfield. We probably shaded the first half but it was backs to the wall second half. For me the change of formation - yet again - nearly cost us precious points. From doing fine with a 4-4-2 to start with we changed it to a 4-1-2-3 leaving the midfield completely overrun. Thankfully we have Goody who was MoM again and the only one to tackle in the middle of the park. Mallan's strike was a thing of beauty but only one of two efforts on target the entire game. Cuddihy isn't a right back and Baird has his poorest game yet. A great 3 points but it could easily have been a defeat. Loads of work still to be done. After the Dunfermline game the second half was a real disappointment. But onwards and upwards :)

Just in, roadworks on Forth Bridge were horrendous, but who cares; my wee girl is finally celebrating seeing her first Saints victory and what a goal to win it.

Great 3 points, but sitting back 2nd half(again) was hard to watch. Langfield was superb for us today and good to see wee McMullan back running at defences.

Murray still has to sort our shape/tactics for our next few games, but a wins a win. First beer of the night tasting good.

I was stuck in it as well, doesn't feel as bad after a victory!

Still a long way from the finished article today I thought. A wonder goal aside, we didn't look like a commanding side who have aspirations of finishing in the top half of the table. Murray still looks genuinely clueless from a tactical aspect. Instead of opting for ball retention in the Livingston half and creating chances to build on a lead, he camps us out on the edge of our own box. This invited wave after wave of Livi pressure and the hopeless punts up the park did nothing but continue the cycle.

More often than not, we would get nothing from that game, and you could make the argument that we didn't deserve all three points. We got very, very lucky today and we still have a long way to go to look like genuine play-off contenders.

A bit of an Elvis type post there but I'm not going to get carried away over a scraped 1-0 win over Livingston. The words "crack" and "paper" spring to mind, although I'm delighted with the win. Desperately needed as well.

My goodness, we won. Save the misery for next week buds.

Could easily make the point that we deserved a point from the home games against Dumbarton, Raith and Falkirk. We did but we lost the lot.

Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. When we get unlucky no one mentions it, when we get lucky its all over the forum.

Funny old game.

Edited by TopCat

Lol. What a comment cuddihy is never a right back. U for real

The guys a midfeilder playing at right back as our 2 right

Backs are injured

He has a point then, does he not?

I cut Cuddihy some slack yesterday. He's a young player without much first team experience but he had a poor game. His crosses from deep were woeful and frustrated everyone. When he did finally play the ball to McMullen the 1-2 they played carved open the Livingston back line and got Cuddihy into a much better position to deliver his cross. Hopefully the lad will learn.

Murray and Spalding are treating our club the way they treated Dumbarton , as a small club that has to sit in and defend if they take a lead ! We've never done that in league games in my lifetime , something needs to change !

Ach Billy, that wasn't how I saw it. They took of Howieson who I thought was having a good game and they put on McMullen. The shape went to a 4-5-1 but it wasn't defensive. McMullen and Gallagher were supposed to be used to get the ball wide into advanced areas of the park - I guess to try to take more advantage of the kick outs that Langfield appeared to be having some success with in the second half. McMullen is a bit of a luxury player in that he doesn't track back and he doesn't appear to like to tackle so I don't think the substitution could be considered as defensive even though the tactical change may have looked it.

What opened up the game for Livingston was the change Burchill made 3 minutes later when he brought on a forward (White) for a midfielder (Gibbons) and went more direct. They were able to put far more pressure on Baird, who wasn't having a good game at all, and it certainly created more goalscoring opportunities. Goodwin and Agnew also dropped deeper and stopped challenging so far up the park, I guess to try to provide some protection to Baird and if I was going to be critical of the changes at all it would be that it took far too long to get Carswell on for Agnew who clearly isn't fit enough to last 90 minutes.

St Mirren never looked comfortable in the game though. The passing was poor throughout and I really can't remember St Mirren having any good spells of possession and, particularly in the latter stages, the game intelligence to take the ball into the corners and to hold onto the ball in there just wasn't there.

Lol. What a comment cuddihy is never a right back. U for real

The guys a midfeilder playing at right back as our 2 right

Backs are injured

Sorry?

My point was that Cuddihy has been drafted into that position as emergency cover, but I'm sure he himself would admit that it is not his strongest position. In spite of this, he didn't let some negativity from the stands or some bad decisions affect his confidence and he gradually improved as the game wore on. I think this should be applauded.

Thanks for endorsing my point, though.

well done the saints welcome win ,slow and steady , rebuilding takes time ,

u20s doing well .1st team winning ,

keep playing a settled team and formation ,players will gel ,with this improvement

and results will follow , we must start planning this window and next ,

and get any good players contracts sorted now

rebuilding didn't take QOS very long, half the squad gone at the end of last season and a very young team. They are sitting in a very good position despite their loss yesterday