Conservatives Are Playing A Blinder.

Stuart Dickson

I see Salmond and Sturgeon are calling on UK MP's not to back airstrikes in Syria and they suggest that increased diplomacy is the solution. Great. I've got an idea. Lets send Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon over to Syria to talk sense into those ISIS troops and Bashir al-Assad and lets see just how they get on. bangin.gif

What's that got to do with a nice pasta dish?thumbdown.gif

Fancy trying that. Here's another one, which I saw Antonio Carlucio make on telly once. He despairs at Brits throwing the kitchen sink at makng bolognese by adding tons of ingredients. Here's the simple way he does it. The secret is half pork mince and half steak mince. Try this - it's braw'...

1 x 400g tray beef mince

1 x 400g tray pork mince

1x chopped garlic clove

1x chopped medium onion

1x bottle plain tomato pomodoro - no herbs in it

Salt & black pepper to taste

1...Splash of olive oil in big frying pan

2....Throw in both mince packets, the onion and garlic. Mix thoroughly over low heat until browned.

3... Add bottle of pomodoro, stir through.

4...Add small shake of salt and black pepper. Stir and simmer gently for 40 min.

Serve on top of simple boiled pasta. Add parmesan cheese on top and have a nice glass of red wine and some garlic bread with it. Make this and the missus' will be impressed. An absolute doddle.

That's a lot of mince.

I see Salmond and Sturgeon are calling on UK MP's not to back airstrikes in Syria and they suggest that increased diplomacy is the solution. Great. I've got an idea. Lets send Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon over to Syria to talk sense into those ISIS troops and Bashir al-Assad and lets see just how they get on. bangin.gif

And the air strikes in Iraq have achieved what? There is absolutely no reason to think that more air strikes in Syria would do anything other than kill more innocent civilians. Unfortunately more troops on the ground will be needed to produce any noticeable effect. The big question is who would provide these troops.

And the air strikes in Iraq have achieved what? There is absolutely no reason to think that more air strikes in Syria would do anything other than kill more innocent civilians. Unfortunately more troops on the ground will be needed to produce any noticeable effect. The big question is who would provide these troops.

It depends on who you prefer to listen to. According to Putin Russian air strikes have had a massive effect against ISIS, wiping out much of their heavy artillery. According to the UN, US led air strikes have severely disrupted ISIS activities in Iraq and Syria forcing many of their troops into hiding and causing real fear amongst them. What is quite clear is that the one thing air strikes have clearly achieved is that it has halted ISIS progress in Iraq even if they do continue to advance in Syria.

I severely doubt that boots on the ground would have any effect at all. The Syrian conflict is in essence a civil war. Invading Syria wouldn't end that conflict. The US and Russia are both on the same side in wanting to defeat ISIS and al-Qaeda clones, where they don't agree is in who should be in power in Syria once our involvement ends.

However I have no problem at all if Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon want to personally visit Syria to try to talk sense into both sides. Indeed I can't wait to see it.....rifle.gif

Fancy trying that. Here's another one, which I saw Antonio Carlucio make on telly once. He despairs at Brits throwing the kitchen sink at makng bolognese by adding tons of ingredients. Here's the simple way he does it. The secret is half pork mince and half steak mince. Try this - it's braw'...

1 x 400g tray beef mince

1 x 400g tray pork mince

1x chopped garlic clove

1x chopped medium onion

1x bottle plain tomato pomodoro - no herbs in it

Salt & black pepper to taste

1...Splash of olive oil in big frying pan

2....Throw in both mince packets, the onion and garlic. Mix thoroughly over low heat until browned.

3... Add bottle of pomodoro, stir through.

4...Add small shake of salt and black pepper. Stir and simmer gently for 40 min.

Serve on top of simple boiled pasta. Add parmesan cheese on top and have a nice glass of red wine and some garlic bread with it. Make this and the missus' will be impressed. An absolute doddle.

Too long did not readbye1.gif

Here's a tip . if you are making Cantonese style steak , if you marinade the steak with some bi=carbonate of soda in it , the steak becomes much more tender. .

I'm going out for a late lunch today. Its a leaving do for someone at work. Italian Kitchen in Glasgow, apparently. No drinking, however, as I am home and out to a gig tonight.

Anyone been to Italian Kitchen. Sounds a tad ordinary to me,from what I've heard.

Edited by Drew

Guest TPAFKATS

I'm going out for a late lunch today. Its a leaving do for someone at work. Italian Kitchen in Glasgow, apparently. No drinking, however, as I am home and out to a gig tonight.

Anyone been to Italian Kitchen. Sounds a tad ordinary to me,from what I've heard.

What kinda food does it do?

"pomodoro" is Italian for tomato, do you mean passata?

Aye, one of those big bottles of simple tomato passata... My mistyook! That bolognese is really, really good. Can thoroughly recommend making it. Antonio Carlucio is a genius - he keeps things so simple. I love cooking and trying my hand at new ideas. I bought two of his cookbooks and they are definitely my favourite 'go to' books.

Another one of his really simple ones is even easier. Just boil up and strain ricotta cheese filled ravioli parcels. Add a knob of butter and chopped fresh basil... Stir the butter and basil through and serve with crusty bread and a nice glass of red.

That's it. Tastes classy.

Edited by pozbaird

As was mentioned before The Reffydumdum.

Europe rules the waves, land and everything else.

Not Cameron, Sturgeon, etc.

Scotland is just a wee pishy Region who will do as they are telt.

I take it you don't play ..steak and kidneys. .scotland forever very often..

if u dont like the smell of the pish then go to where it smells better..

Aye, one of those big bottles of simple tomato passata... My mistyook! That bolognese is really, really good. Can thoroughly recommend making it. Antonio Carlucio is a genius - he keeps things so simple. I love cooking and trying my hand at new ideas. I bought two of his cookbooks and they are definitely my favourite 'go to' books.

Another one of his really simple ones is even easier. Just boil up and strain ricotta cheese filled ravioli parcels. Add a knob of butter and chopped fresh basil... Stir the butter and basil through and serve with crusty bread and a nice glass of red.

That's it. Tastes classy.

The only thing I'd add to the ragu recipe is pancetta, fry it with the onion & garlic. Adds another layer of flavour, well worth it.

The only thing I'd add to the ragu recipe is pancetta, fry it with the onion & garlic. Adds another layer of flavour, well worth it.

There you go... Bloody Brits' adding stuff to Antonio Carluccio's recipe already. Don't be fooled by his cuddly demeanour and grey hair... The big man will kick your fcuking arse with this pancetta talk...

Don't say you wurnae' warned!

It depends on who you prefer to listen to. According to Putin Russian air strikes have had a massive effect against ISIS, wiping out much of their heavy artillery. According to the UN, US led air strikes have severely disrupted ISIS activities in Iraq and Syria forcing many of their troops into hiding and causing real fear amongst them. What is quite clear is that the one thing air strikes have clearly achieved is that it has halted ISIS progress in Iraq even if they do continue to advance in Syria.

I severely doubt that boots on the ground would have any effect at all. The Syrian conflict is in essence a civil war. Invading Syria wouldn't end that conflict. The US and Russia are both on the same side in wanting to defeat ISIS and al-Qaeda clones, where they don't agree is in who should be in power in Syria once our involvement ends.

However I have no problem at all if Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon want to personally visit Syria to try to talk sense into both sides. Indeed I can't wait to see it.....rifle.gif

so we should arm ISIS, then bomb them creating more refugees fleeing the conflict, then not let them into Britain cos they're terrorists / dole scroungers. Tory logic in effect...

so we should arm ISIS, then bomb them creating more refugees fleeing the conflict, then not let them into Britain cos they're terrorists / dole scroungers. Tory logic in effect...

We're arming them with tins of Heinz spaghetti hoops and sending them to the South of Italy. Do keep up.