Latest Betting

I think that going by previous appointments that Barry Feguson is the most likely appointment. It will be based on who we can afford and like him or not he does have contacts.

Contacts, bifocals, or NHS specials - doesn't make him a remotely competent manager.

Contacts, bifocals, or NHS specials - doesn't make him a remotely competent manager.

I don't particularly think he would be the right choice but as i said before going by previous choices, he'll probably be more affordable than the experienced managers quoted. My preferred choice would be Stuart McCall.

After the comments at the AGM last night I can't see Rae or Ferguson getting it. Stuart Gilmour said they'll be going after experience and not to believe the paper talk.

Only 2 that stick out to me now are Calderwood and Butcher going by they comments. Nibbled on Calderwood at 9/1 , his price has went quite big.

I don't particularly think he would be the right choice but as i said before going by previous choices, he'll probably be more affordable than the experienced managers quoted. My preferred choice would be Stuart McCall.

We would have to pay compensation for Ferguson. That rules him out already, there's no chance he will get the job.

Fullarton moved to Spain where he set up his own football academy, running teams from u8 to u19, playing against Spanish lower league professional club's academies. 7 years on the academy is still running with over 200 players in the system and a number having graduated to sign for professional clubs in both Spain and England.

I was involved with one juvenile football club. A number graduated from my team to professional clubs. I wouldn't claim I had great experience or that I was brilliant at bringing through youth. I'll happily name the kids that are now full time players if you want - all are still to get their first team debut but I'd name all 5 of them, plus the one who rejected terms with Manchester City and Dunfermline to work toward taking over his Dad's business.

Fullerton only senior coaching position led to him being heavily criticised by parents and players alike. St Mirren shouldn't be remotely interested in this man.

Sorry? Where?

Ferguson has been youth director and manager at a semi pro football club. Fullerton was chased out of Bolton by parents of kids and reserve players who were "apathetic to his training methods".

Does this count as having experience, or being good at brining through young players? Where exactly are these wonderkids that Fullerton brought through at Bolton? And if they were so good why are Bolton still sinking down the league - currently bottom of the Championship with one win in 20 matches.

And besides anyway, why is it that the fans at St Mirren always seem to want to manufacture a management team. All this pish about pairing someone old with someone young. Do you really think thats better than letting an experienced manager pick the assistant he's always worked well with in the past? Calderwood with Young, FFS. How long do you think it would be before Young had the knives out. :rolleyes:

What age is Ferguson and what age is fullarton you troll, and why suddenly do you care if you claim not to support St mirren huh

I was involved with one juvenile football club. A number graduated from my team to professional clubs. I wouldn't claim I had great experience or that I was brilliant at bringing through youth. I'll happily name the kids that are now full time players if you want - all are still to get their first team debut but I'd name all 5 of them, plus the one who rejected terms with Manchester City and Dunfermline to work toward taking over his Dad's business.

Fullerton only senior coaching position led to him being heavily criticised by parents and players alike. St Mirren shouldn't be remotely interested in this man.

No we shouldn't be remotely interested in the tosh you spout ya troll

What age is Ferguson and what age is fullarton you troll, and why suddenly do you care if you claim not to support St mirren huh

Interestingly, or not I suppose, what you have just done is classic internet trolling. I put up an argument to back up my point of view. You've simply responded by trolling. It's sad really. Clearly your knowledge of internet etiquette is as poor as your knowledge on football :rolleyes:

Sorry? Where?

Ferguson has been youth director and manager at a semi pro football club. Fullerton was chased out of Bolton by parents of kids and reserve players who were "apathetic to his training methods".

Does this count as having experience, or being good at brining through young players? Where exactly are these wonderkids that Fullerton brought through at Bolton? And if they were so good why are Bolton still sinking down the league - currently bottom of the Championship with one win in 20 matches.

And besides anyway, why is it that the fans at St Mirren always seem to want to manufacture a management team. All this pish about pairing someone old with someone young. Do you really think thats better than letting an experienced manager pick the assistant he's always worked well with in the past? Calderwood with Young, FFS. How long do you think it would be before Young had the knives out. :rolleyes:

Dont believe a word of what you have said about Fullarton in either of your posts.