St Mirren -Shower Of Hopeless Amateurs

shull

Do you think the reported 100 people woke up that morning and just decided to break into the stadium just incase there was snow on the pitch?

There wasn't anywhere close to 100 people on the pitch. It was maybe 30-40 individuals at most.

Mostly made up of UWS students who were there to do the TV/Radio stuff, Youth Players and Club Officials including Campbell Kennedy & Brian Caldwell.

I had spoken to Brian a couple of times in the morning to post updates on the game on twitter, and offered to go down and help given I live just 5 mins drive away.

There was no communication at all, official or unofficial, with fans to come down and help clear the snow off the pitch.

Again... Who said it was ruined?

Your trolling and diving in at every opportunity is showing you up. If you really dont want me to express an opinion on here, about the club I have supported for forty od years you can do that more effectively than this. And throwing 'the groundsman" in for effect... Really? Would he want that?

Are you denying he was on the pitch too?

It was you who said, and I quote;

calling in all and sundry to inflict GBH on Scotland's finest playing surface with an array of garden and household tools

I'm merely pointing out that this "GBH" as you describe it, left the park fully playable three days later and all efforts to clear the park were overseen by the groundsman.

Darling.

I do agree that some on here should take a good look at themselves, those likening their support to 'Inbreds' should be first in front of the mirror.

I don't know what you do for a living LP but I've been thinking for a while now that you should write a book.You have a good grasp for words,you can be quite funny occasionally and you have a superb imagination.

Seriously you should give it a go.

Are you denying he was on the pitch too?

It was you who said, and I quote;

I'm merely pointing out that this "GBH" as you describe it, left the park fully playable three days later and all efforts to clear the park were overseen by the groundsman.

Darling.

I have no idea what you are banging on about?

You lift a quote i made to another poster, and throw in that in some way I have abused/accused the groundsman.... The desperation in all this deflection is unsightly.

Instead of you, SGG et all all shouting from the roof tops what Chick Young. "Didnt say".... Why not just get him to repeat what he did say..?

End of.

I have no idea what you are banging on about?

You lift a quote i made to another poster, and throw in that in some way I have abused/accused the groundsman.... The desperation in all this deflection is unsightly.

Instead of you, SGG et all all shouting from the roof tops what Chick Young. "Didnt say".... Why not just get him to repeat what he did say..?

End of.

Ok.

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/audio/Chick-Young.mp3

Oh look. Chick Young didn't mention the undersoil heating being off.

Funny that ain't it.

Paraphrased? You completely misunderstood what I was saying. The sanctions would be imposed if Wishaw Wycombe had postponed a match without the venue owner closing the facility, or without a referee conducting a pitch inspection and deeming the pitch unplayable. We could also have faced sanctions had we done what St Mirren had done and had the match postponed 10 minutes before kick off with the park unplayable and with weather warnings in place. Those sanctions would typically have taken the form of covering all travel costs for the opposition.

For clarity there is no onus on the home side to do everything possible to defeat Mother Nature - not at any level of the game.

That is utter nonsense from start to finish Stuart, if you read all the posts around about the one I quoted you were sanctimoniously allowing us to understand how you knew more than everyone else due to your position with Wishaw Wanderers with regard to cancelling fixtures and the impending "sanctions" if things weren't done properly.

From the post above the referee deemed the pitch playable in the morning (frost related) and again after lunch (snow related). St Mirren never "had" the match postponed the referee decided that due to deterioration in the weather since his previous inspection the pitch was no longer playable and he (the referee) postponed the fixture.

Ok.

Funny that ain't it.

Check-mate LP has yet again made a complete an utter fool of himself. Have no idea what his agenda is strange to say the least.

Check-mate LP has yet again made a complete an utter fool of himself. Have no idea what his agenda is strange to say the least.

Do you really think he'll throw the towel in. NOT A CHANCE.

It's only check mate for normal people.

Ok.

Funny that ain't it.

That is the best laugh i have had all week....

Can you play that Gerald Ratner interview as well, but omit the bit with 'That' line in it too...? Did you previously work as a news vetting bod in Russia?

The people likeing this perhaps dont know this isnt the only comment broadcast to the nation by Chick and co on Saturday.

Edited by Lord Pityme

That is the best laugh i have had all week....

Can you play that Gerald Ratner interview as well, but omit the bit with 'That' line in it too...? Did you previously work as a news vetting bod in Russia?

The pele likeing this perhaps dont know this isnt the only comment broadcast to the nation by Chick and co on Saturday.

11171948_ori.jpg

There wasn't anywhere close to 100 people on the pitch. It was maybe 30-40 individuals at most.

Mostly made up of UWS students who were there to do the TV/Radio stuff, Youth Players and Club Officials including Campbell Kennedy & Brian Caldwell.

I had spoken to Brian a couple of times in the morning to post updates on the game on twitter, and offered to go down and help given I live just 5 mins drive away.

There was no communication at all, official or unofficial, with fans to come down and help clear the snow off the pitch.

As I thought, thus rendering the much repeated claim that

Who has said that he had to take into account the efforts the club made to get the game on. You're right the referee makes the decision but it was the club that summoned volunteers in a bid to get a match on when Scotland had a weather warning in place. That decision was bonkers.

Is actually a load of nonsense.

If you play that clip backwards it plays a Pink Floyd song....

The lunatic is on the grass

The lunatic is on the grass

Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs

Got to keep the loonies on the path

The lunatic is in the hall

The lunatics are in my hall

The paper holds their folded faces to the floor

And every day the paper boy brings more

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon

And if there is no room upon the hill

And if your head explodes with dark forbodings too

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

The lunatic is in my head

The lunatic is in my head

You raise the blade, you make the change

You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane

You lock the door

And throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear

You shout and no one seems to hear

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

"I can't think of anything to say except...

I think it's marvellous! HaHaHa!"

How in the name of fcuk could the lunatic be on the grass when it was covered in snow.

Seriously, this forum these days. Get a grip Slash.

Chic Young spoke to Tommy Docherty and was told the u/s heating hadn't been on

Someone else who misheard things?

All that has been said, claimed, played is what Chick didnt say. Then we get a select sample of recordings which the website owner had felt necessary to go to the BBC to obtain, edit and play (hope the appropriate licences are in place to play BBC recordings). Snippets fron open all mics... Talk about obssession..?

We havent had Chick back on to state in fact he never said any of it!

We still are bemused how the USH at Firhill of all places melted the snow as it fell, after the first batch was swept off. Same at Ibrox, but not at ours.

Maybe it didnt snow at all?

Maybe the game wasn't called off?

Maybe we got our first home win of the season???

Well the last one is perhaps the most fanciful?

Looking forward to a cracking day in Edinburgh, and anything we can get out of it will be a bonus, if anyone needs to hear any of the open all mic commentary, but cant tune in on the day I am sure it will be available on here next week. Well maybe not all of it?