Buy The Buds

buddiecat

Right let's get down to sorting out the future, remember buddies that we need to pool all our talents together, if you think you have something to offer then you most likely do, the other guys on the SMiSA board have impressed me no end, and the choice of David Nicol being the initial SMiSA representative on the board was easily the best and most obvious choice for me, i would hope he considers making it permanent.

We need people from finance backgrounds, fundraising backgrounds and people with experience in community and or commercial involvement as well as legal eagles.

Some of us will know of other talents we need because they will be the people with those talents, get in touch via the SMiSA website.

We can do it Buddies but it's going to take everyone who can help to do so.

And if you haven't already done so and can afford to, please consider signing up, the more members we have the better.

Would supporters who have a trade be welcome to offer services?

I'm sure amongst us , plumber , joiner , electrician , painter , printers , people with IT skills etc , if there are any small reasonable jobs people could do we could offer say some match day tickets or whatever for favours done to the club ?

Or is that nonsense ? Just a thought.

I'm sure amongst us , plumber , joiner , electrician , painter , printers , people with IT skills etc , if there are any small reasonable jobs people could do we could offer say some match day tickets or whatever for favours done to the club ?

Or fans who are half decent at playing fitba.

Expert at fixing Public Address Systems

Liability insurance is a problem, unless you have your own company.

No it's not nonsense, but as pointed out by pod, there are regulations to be followed. I will add this to my list of potential helpers, already had offer of help from someone on here who is a teacher he's number 1 on the list your suggestion is second, any more for the list ?

No it's not nonsense, but as pointed out by pod, there are regulations to be followed. I will add this to my list of potential helpers, already had offer of help from someone on here who is a teacher he's number 1 on the list your suggestion is second, any more for the list ?

Might be worthwhile putting something on the website, e.g. An email address where people can send over their details and ways they can help?

i do flooring for them blood out a stone springs to mind

Edited by skodasaint

Always happy to offer graphic design services, unless, as happened once under the old guard, was taken for a complete mug while doing them a favour. Match tickets? Nah. Would love a bash at designing the kits again though. Have a few ideas in mind.

If the Fan Council don't want to let go of that gig, understandable.

They should run their own catering on matchdays , there must be money to be made there.

Having a catering company to tender is the easiest way. The club would need to employ a catering manager as a lot of organising is involved plus the club has the hassle of employing staff for match days which involves a whole load more problems for the club. It's also hard to get a chef just for a Saturday and the odd week days for hospitality All staff would need basic food handlers certificates at a cost to the club. Far easier putting the catering contract out to tender where a catering company have everything needed to run the show plus have back up staff when needed. Have ran catering units for years so have a good insight to requirements needed. Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint