St Mirren v Edinburgh City League Cup Group G 30/7/16

shull

Lets look at this a different way 

Old style league cup 1st rd Aug ? beat Livi away

2nd rd end AUG beat Ayr at Home

3rd rd Sept Hamilton Beat away

Apart from 2013 this is about the usual ,this season we have players with good fitness levels for the time of year

In far better shape for the Morton and a good derby on saturday,they as they will be fitter as well

1 hour ago, Eaglesham saint said:

It'll be like Bulls Eye in a minute , Heres what you would've won:D

A crystal punchbowl, a set of cutlery, a kiddie's garden slide, a Sony Walkman, and a home tie against Aberdeen.

Edited by pozbaird

19 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Maybe some of you would be better supporting Killie. That would really give you something to moan about.

We don't want anything to moan about. 

Just want to be in the Draw. 

Wear St Mirren strips. 

And bloody  make out what the Tannoy dude is f**king mumbling about 

Nothing wrong with Killie 

21 hours ago, shull said:

Aye ......

Dundee  7 Goals

ICT  7 Goals

Ross County  7 Goals

St Mirren - F*cking Shite

Only needed 4

Should have scored 10

Got 3

Absolute Disgraceful

Shamed those pishy all white strips

Supporter? 

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well I expected us to finish above Ayr who are a part time team based on last season's results, and the excuses mentioned are there on this and other threads.

We beat Ayr which was all that was in our power to do.

You think that we should have somehow stopped them beating Accies?

Seriously?

17 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

And Accies could have beaten Ayr 10-0... your point is?

............bleedin' obvious - that if we had the power to beat Ayr (your words) we had the power to beat them 2-0.

I expected us to finish above a p/t team who like us are still assembling their squad and getting to know each other, I don't see how anyone could expect us not to - seriously!

We weren't good enough over 4 games to go through and none of the excuses I've heard so far are convincing.

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

............bleedin' obvious - that if we had the power to beat Ayr (your words) we had the power to beat them 2-0.

We weren't good enough over 4 games to go through and none of the excuses I've heard so far are convincing.

One defeat pre season . 

I'm pleased enough so far . 

7 minutes ago, munoz said:

One defeat pre season . 

I'm pleased enough so far . 

Fair enough I'm disappointed - if we'd finished above Ayr which was within our power and gone out because we weren't one of 4 best runners-up which wasn't within our power up then I'd be pleased enough.

Edited by Bud the Baker

On 30/07/2016 at 4:17 PM, Hoof Hearted said:

I cannot see any Edinburgh City fans at all on the telly, are there any there?

21 of them had a pie stall all to themselves.... disgraceful to shut off half of the West Stand's facilities to accomodate 21 people.  Why were they segregated at all?

7 hours ago, Vambo57 said:

21 of them had a pie stall all to themselves.... disgraceful to shut off half of the West Stand's facilities to accomodate 21 people.  Why were they segregated at all?

Maybe at the insistence of the police? After all, St Mirren fans are notorious for their violent behaviour towards opposing fans!

Edited by smcc

18 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Lets be honest. We should have qualified from that group. And those who say it doesn't matter - it's just a diddy cup, etc, etc - seem to have forgotten our recent days out at Hampden.

It should matter a lot. The Scottish treble consists of the league title, Scottish Cup and League Cup. Even when we were a strong 1980s team and the OF were relatively weak, we couldn't win a title, so the cups are it. The cups are where St Mirren legends are made. The Scottish and League cups should matter hugely to everyone connected with St Mirren. Every season, without fail.

I agree this was an opportunity lost to, at least, progress to the next round.

Major disappointment against Edinburgh after getting to 3-0 at half time.

As has been mentioned, another few bob in the kitty and even another round or three, who knows.

It's not time for the usual knee jerk reactions, it's not as if we've got a collection of League Winners trophy's. :lol:

I'd hope the manager has made it clear to eh players they have to sharpen up, we don't want to get of to a slow start in the league.

Win the first few games, get some momentum going and who knows what lies in wait for us this season. :thumbs2