The Sunderland A-Z Thread & Edinburgh Zoo

12 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

It's not my story. If you read back I wasn't at the game. However I have no reason to doubt the word of my son. 

Fairly obvious what's happened here:

"Can I get into the car park please?"

"Sorry mate, only if you have a pass, but if you go just round the corner.... Hang on, are you Stuart Dickson's boy?"

"Yeah."

"Why didn't you say? Nearest car parking is at Asda at Linwood."

http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3682

Sunderland Council created maps for tourists. As you'll see they class the Stadium and the National Glass Centre as town centre sites. I wouldn't. I've always believed the town centre starts at the Empire which is across the bridge. However my mate, a life long resident of the town says they all class the town centre as starting at the Collery Tavern which is the pub immediately opposite the stadium.

8 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Sunderland Council created maps for tourists. As you'll see they class the Stadium and the National Glass Centre as town centre sites. I wouldn't. I've always believed the town centre starts at the Empire which is across the bridge. However my mate, a life long resident of the town says they all class the town centre as starting at the Collery Tavern which is the pub immediately opposite the stadium.

I hope you raged against that blatant waste of public money.

I hope you raged against that blatant waste of public money.

I didn't. But I'm considering dropping them an email thanking them for the proof - as if it was ever needed - that the Stadium Of Light is a City Centre Stadium. There probably are some football stadiums around the country more central to their city but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

16 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I didn't. But I'm considering dropping them an email thanking them for the proof - as if it was ever needed - that the Stadium Of Light is a City Centre Stadium.

In one post you disagree that it is in the centre and in the next you claim no proof was really needed that it is in the centre.

You know, I am beginning to think that you are one of those irritating cunts who would start an argument in an empty house simply for the hell of it.

I didn't. But I'm considering dropping them an email thanking them for the proof - as if it was ever needed - that the Stadium Of Light is a City Centre Stadium. There probably are some football stadiums around the country more central to their city but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Would not say it is anymore a city centre stadium than say Newcastle old Love Street even Hearts.

42 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

https://goo.gl/maps/CpnDHCEaB8m

of course satelite technologhy that is accurate to within six inches may be wrong and you are right..?

somehow i doubt it though..!

You see, you CAN make useful and sane posts when you try hard enough.

Well done.

Can't wait to see how Dickson manages to argue against that. -_-

https://goo.gl/maps/CpnDHCEaB8m

of course satelite technologhy that is accurate to within six inches may be wrong and you are right..?

somehow i doubt it though..!

See there's your problem. You've taken the town centre as the absolute centre of town. It's like telling someone on Hope Street they need to walk all the way along Argyle Street past all the shops to get to the town centre at the tower at Glasgow Cross.

The local council class the Stadium as being part of the City Centre. Locals class the city centre as starting at the Colliary pub which is across the road from the stadium. I've said already I would have always classed the town centre as starting at the Empire which is closer to the exit at the home end that the entrance at the away end.

No matter how you do it the Stadium Of Light is at very worst extremely close to the City Centre, probably the stadium closest to the centre of any city in the UK and my point is utter valid.

An average home gate of 40,000. City centre stadium. Prime site and loads of parking restrictions yet Sunderland run a solution with Park n ride. St Mirren, average gate around 2000, situated in a desolate wasteland that the council plans to demolish and somehow parking has become a big issue as the council milk their cash cow and as the club close their own customers out of the club car park because.... And I'll quote this... "St Mirren fans were not paying enough money"