Did Lee Miller Bite Jack Baird ?

shull

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

As it quite clear the club leaks like a sieve I wonder if any of our "in the know" posters will tell us if the club have said anything to the SFA in mitigation, to support Baird...........

Wouldn't make any difference. Jack was sent off for punching another player in the face.

Nothing Lee Miller did condones that action.

The ref didn't see what Miller did (or did not) do, and chose to take no action against him.

There's no video evidence available that I am aware of.

So it would the word of one player against another.

We need to put this behind us now and move on, big game tomorrow night should be the sole focus now.

31 minutes ago, div said:

Wouldn't make any difference. Jack was sent off for punching another player in the face.

The ref didn't see what Miller did (or did not) do, and chose to take no action against him.

We need to put this behind us now and move on, big game tomorrow night should be the sole focus now.

Yes we'll put it behind us until Miller comes to Paisley then we'll give him a big Paisley welcome.

Personally, I believe, a few of these landing on the trackside at the next Falkirk game may be in order.

Perhaps Phil at the next half time competition could have the kids throw a few of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Funny-Pet-Dog-Ball-Teeth-Silicon-Toy-Chew-Sound-Dogs-Play-Toys-/381612345709?hash=item58d9de496d:g:Gd0AAOSwyjBW3Yn9

1 hour ago, div said:

I hope Baird is getting a full hiv test and tetanus jab. The club have a duty of care to their employees injured/attacked at the workplace. I am sure when confronted with photographic, medical evidence of the injury and these images the SFA compliance officer would be straining at the bit to take action.

we should pass this on to the media to get some traction, the perpetrator should be hauled in for this if guilty.

5 hours ago, div said:

The club can't prove it, but yes in my opinion Lee Miller did bite Jack Baird.

You can see the initial coming together here in this picture, Miller has a hold of Jack's right arm and *appears* as if he could be biting him. It's impossible to tell from a still picture, but let's for a minute assume that yes he is biting him in this picture. That is the lower part of Jacks right arm that would be showing some evidence of a bite.

baird-1.JPG

Fast forward a few seconds to this picture. Look closely at the same area of Jacks right arm. You can clearly see blood seeping through at exactly the same place that the bite would have happened *if* Miller had bitten him in the above picture. An amazing co-incidence that there is blood there eh!

baird.JPG

Div, from personal experience, I have been bitten before by a drunk guy who sank his teeth in as hard as he could. It took me more than a minute to force him off. He hadnt broken the skin. The chances of that blood coming from a bite through a sleeve are probably zero. In my non expert opinion that blood is almost certainly Miller's from the punch Jack gave him.

I could be wrong though in which case Jack will have a huge set of teethmarks on his arm.

It should be VERY easy to find out the truth here.

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

If Miller had bitten him through his base layer itvwould have to have been one hell of a bite to draw blood through the material. What it does look like though is Miller wiping his blooded nose on Baird, who reacts like a numpty.

if on the other hand as you seem certain Miller has bitten Baird then a full Hiv/blood test, and access if requested to a counsellor is the minimum the club should be providing in their duty of care to an employee. 

either the club backs up these leaks, or deals with Baird appropriately

NO EXCUSES . As IVE said on quite a few occasions Baird requires a lot of work individually in terms of coaching and mentality .  What happened on Saturday will show if there  are any leaders in the dressing room as he needs to get pelters from his teammates . Get someone in to work on a player like Baird for example Jackie Copeland . So a player bites Jackie and big Jack punches him NO NO NO CHANCE . He'd just wait be patient and get his revenge without even Getting a booking possibly . Why do so many people writing on here defend Baird ? Cause he's from Paisley ? He's playing at a decent level and that's just basic " wind up " stuff from the Falkirk player who must have went home laughing . I also notice that no one agreed with me that He'd never have done that if Rae was in charge !!! There is NO WAY we'd have went down if he'd been in charge but he would not have got us promoted either . I'm not being disrespectful to Jack Ross but the change of manager was made at completely the wrong time . I feel for Jack he has for certain got us playing better football but constantly getting booted in the groin by likes of what Baird done . I'd stick in the most experienced guys at the back including Langfield and Webster  Put the pressure right up their a**** and don't give them the easy option of sitting whatching . Also Naismith could be an option to consider in centre of defence along with McKenzie Who needs told " just win the ball " as he's capable of that . Play kids as they are for sure playing great Mallen to his credit is very consistent so is Irvine ( just stop giving away daft fouls ) . We are in a WAR ZONE so it's nothing to lose time and no excuses . Getting beaten is acceptable it's the circumstances that we don't like . 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Div, from personal experience, I have been bitten before by a drunk guy who sank his teeth in as hard as he could. It took me more than a minute to force him off. He hadnt broken the skin. The chances of that blood coming from a bite through a sleeve are probably zero. In my non expert opinion that blood is almost certainly Miller's from the punch Jack gave him.

I could be wrong though in which case Jack will have a huge set of teethmarks on his arm.

It should be VERY easy to find out the truth here.

Yes of course the blood on his arm might be from the punch.

Just seems really odd that it's in exactly the same place as on the same arm that appears on the *possible* bite photo, and appears nowhere else.

Anyway I'm done with this one. The players know what happened, and I'm sure Lee Miller will get a warm reception next time the teams meet.

Jack will live and learn from his mistake and hopefully become a better player for it.

Disappointing all round but as I say, we need to move on now and focus on tomorrow.

Guest TPAFKATS
I hope Baird is getting a full hiv test and tetanus jab. The club have a duty of care to their employees injured/attacked at the workplace. I am sure when confronted with photographic, medical evidence of the injury and these images the SFA compliance officer would be straining at the bit to take action.

we should pass this on to the media to get some traction, the perpetrator should be hauled in for this if guilty.

That's twice on this thread you've mentioned an hiv test. Why would Baird require one?

4 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

What a great view Stevie Mallan has of the incident , surely he would have seen and heard what happened , and would able to pass on evidence if neccessary

It's too late now . Seen what " poor wee local boy Jack gets bitten " NO EXCUSES HE TOOK THE BAIT and should have been Profesional enough to wait his time to get revenge OR better still kept his concentration , won the match then stuck it right up them as they say " revenge is a dish better served cold " not to mention the fact that Mallon is a good pro and wants to concentrate on the next match . It all comes from the top and we have a weak Chairman who when there was just a bit of pressure early in the season he sacked Alex Rae instead of waiting until the end of the season . Let's hope Jack Ross has a " BULLET PROOF " vest cause I wouldn't like to be in the trenches with Gordon Scott ! He should do the decent thing and resign now and get " A LEADER " in Asap 

34 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

NO EXCUSES . As IVE said on quite a few occasions Baird requires a lot of work individually in terms of coaching and mentality .  What happened on Saturday will show if there  are any leaders in the dressing room as he needs to get pelters from his teammates . Get someone in to work on a player like Baird for example Jackie Copeland . So a player bites Jackie and big Jack punches him NO NO NO CHANCE . He'd just wait be patient and get his revenge without even Getting a booking possibly . Why do so many people writing on here defend Baird ? Cause he's from Paisley ? He's playing at a decent level and that's just basic " wind up " stuff from the Falkirk player who must have went home laughing . I also notice that no one agreed with me that He'd never have done that if Rae was in charge !!! There is NO WAY we'd have went down if he'd been in charge but he would not have got us promoted either . I'm not being disrespectful to Jack Ross but the change of manager was made at completely the wrong time . I feel for Jack he has for certain got us playing better football but constantly getting booted in the groin by likes of what Baird done . I'd stick in the most experienced guys at the back including Langfield and Webster  Put the pressure right up their a**** and don't give them the easy option of sitting whatching . Also Naismith could be an option to consider in centre of defence along with McKenzie Who needs told " just win the ball " as he's capable of that . Play kids as they are for sure playing great Mallen to his credit is very consistent so is Irvine ( just stop giving away daft fouls ) . We are in a WAR ZONE so it's nothing to lose time and no excuses . Getting beaten is acceptable it's the circumstances that we don't like . 

Johannes Edvaldsson disagrees :clapping

21 minutes ago, div said:

Yes of course the blood on his arm might be from the punch.

Just seems really odd that it's in exactly the same place as on the same arm that appears on the *possible* bite photo, and appears nowhere else.

Anyway I'm done with this one. The players know what happened, and I'm sure Lee Miller will get a warm reception next time the teams meet.

Jack will live and learn from his mistake and hopefully become a better player for it.

Disappointing all round but as I say, we need to move on now and focus on tomorrow.

What punch ? It was a " handbags from 10 paces slap " you all seem to sympathise with Jack Baird  !!! This is a very serious business . Lee Miller will just LOVE getting a warm reception as you call it . Your forgetting something Miller won his personal battle on Saturday .  Jack becoming a better player ! He needs to put in a lot of work and Jack Ross could have taught him a lot but it all depends on how many times he willing to get his B**** booted by this guy . STOP MAKING EXCUSES . We are bottom of the leauge   for a reason . The timing of the managerial change was completely wrong . Ok it happened to be Alex Rae but it could have been whoever the timing was just so stupid and Scott must take full responsibility and resign now .

22 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

What punch ? It was a " handbags from 10 paces slap " you all seem to sympathise with Jack Baird  !!! This is a very serious business . Lee Miller will just LOVE getting a warm reception as you call it . Your forgetting something Miller won his personal battle on Saturday .  Jack becoming a better player ! He needs to put in a lot of work and Jack Ross could have taught him a lot but it all depends on how many times he willing to get his B**** booted by this guy . STOP MAKING EXCUSES . We are bottom of the leauge   for a reason . The timing of the managerial change was completely wrong . Ok it happened to be Alex Rae but it could have been whoever the timing was just so stupid and Scott must take full responsibility and resign now .

Sigh. Another one on the list.

43 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Yes , but different circumstances . Big Jack would have sorted Miller out without being sent off . STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR BAIRD 

I'm not.

He was stoopit to do it, but I can understand why he did.

But the fact is is back to dos and don't dos I'm afraid . So can we agree that he would not have done that under Alex Rae ? Do you agree that the sacking of Rae was done at the wrong time ? As IVE already said Rae would not have got us back to the top division but no way would we have went down . Scott MUST take responsibility for the poor timing that has lead us into this mess it was just not required to bring in Jack Ross or indeed any manager after just a hanfull of games . Jack would have had time to settle in during the close season . Scott has got off " Scott Free " and it's just utter none sense . I will personally be asking him this question at the AGM

4 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

But the fact is is back to dos and don't dos I'm afraid . So can we agree that he would not have done that under Alex Rae ? Do you agree that the sacking of Rae was done at the wrong time ? As IVE already said Rae would not have got us back to the top division but no way would we have went down . Scott MUST take responsibility for the poor timing that has lead us into this mess it was just not required to bring in Jack Ross or indeed any manager after just a hanfull of games . Jack would have had time to settle in during the close season . Scott has got off " Scott Free " and it's just utter none sense . I will personally be asking him this question at the AGM

you simply cannot guarantee 100% that we would not have been relegated under Alex Rae and therefore your whole argument is completely invalid and moot!