Jump to content

TopCat

Jack Ross Must Go.

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I'm sure it's not.

the only frustration is that there has been zero improvement. Today, we played like a team that didn't know each other. Defensively we were appalling, no buddy plays (shite American term!) and it looked like we didn't know how to defend a corner. 4 out of 6 defenders that played today weren't here in December.

the other issues was that, despite a good turnout, the fans hand no real rapport with the team. This wasn't a fans &a team gamlvanised performance like Falkirk all those years ago.

i only hope we treat the two cup games as friendly games. Ross has to field his best 11 in both games, the team that will see us through to the end of the season barring injuries. f**k rotation etc. This is it.

If we are going to treat the cup ties as friendlies, I hope all Saints fans are given free admission.

If we lose next week at Bayview, I expect Ross to be sacked before the Team Bus arrives back in Paisley.

Maybe , better booting him out now and getting wee Gus in to save the day.

WE ARE IN A HELLISH STATE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, supras said:

If we are going to treat the cup ties as friendlies, I hope all Saints fans are given free admission.

If we lose next week at Bayview, I expect Ross to be sacked before the Team Bus arrives back in Paisley.

Maybe , better booting him out now and getting wee Gus in to save the day.

WE ARE IN A HELLISH STATE

Couldn't give a f**k about the cup. There are only two things that matter now. The first is getting to 9th place. The second is winning in the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even allowing for a bit of time to get to know the squad and try and build some confidence, when Ross took over 3 or 4 teams were easily within reach with more than 3/4 of the season remaining. As we approach the final quarter of the season  every team in the league has increased the gap between them and us and we have only just equalled  the number of points Falkirk had after 8 games and we've just surpassed Raith's total after 8 games. We continue to have a goal difference which reflects losing most games by a goal and have the worst defensive record in the league and are second lowest scorers. I suspect that with 10 new signings arriving in January that we may well sell JR chop and change the starting XI game by game and continue to field a different defence most weeks and we'll see guys like Quinn, MacKenzie, Baird, Fjelde, Clarkson, Sutton, Todd, Demetriou, Mallan, Morgan, McLear,  and Gordon coming into the team for a few games and then being dropped again after 2 or 3 games.

League table as Jack Ross took over.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a fan of bringing Jack Ross in and fully appreciated he had to sign new players.  He had a terrible hand when he came here and I can't help think if I was in his position I wouldn't of touched the St Mirren job with a 20 foot pole!  

I do feel we seen improvement on the pitch and were exceptionally unlucky in his first games.  I also fully understand the team need time to gel now that we have 10 new players. 

However that performance simply was nowhere near good enough.  New team or not they were making basic mistakes. Tactics were appalling, playing the long ball, not passing to each other.  Some of the players just simply not good enough.  I know he scored but the decision to play Clarkson is beyond me.  Bar his goal he added absolutely nothing to that game.  

Ross blamed the state of the pitch but we get humped at St Mirren Park as well, so what's the excuse there? If Ross does not win the two cup games and then Ayr United away I think we cut our losses and get rid of him.  With the money and ability to bring in new players last month he should have enough to be beating teams like Ayr and Dumbarton and if he doesn't I believe there must be a manager out there that can.

I was so angry after the game yesterday, two stupid, pathetic goals to concede.  The team fannying about at 0-0 and 1-1 like the game didn't matter, not giving the ball back at free kicks, taking about an hour to take throw ins, no urgency from the back, just lumping the ball up to the other goalkeeper. 

Final point and a completely serious one.  Do the players use the same ball in training as the type we play with in games? I have never seen control like it this season.  It's like watching five over excited puppies chase a football around a pitch.  The passing is not much better, how many errors were there?  Kicking the ball out the park, passing the ball to the other team, kicking straight to their goalkeeper, just not able to put two passes together.  Amateur stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

I was a fan of bringing Jack Ross in and fully appreciated he had to sign new players.  He had a terrible hand when he came here and I can't help think if I was in his position I wouldn't of touched the St Mirren job with a 20 foot pole!  

I do feel we seen improvement on the pitch and were exceptionally unlucky in his first games.  I also fully understand the team need time to gel now that we have 10 new players. 

However that performance simply was nowhere near good enough.  New team or not they were making basic mistakes. Tactics were appalling, playing the long ball, not passing to each other.  Some of the players just simply not good enough.  I know he scored but the decision to play Clarkson is beyond me.  Bar his goal he added absolutely nothing to that game.  

Ross blamed the state of the pitch but we get humped at St Mirren Park as well, so what's the excuse there? If Ross does not win the two cup games and then Ayr United away I think we cut our losses and get rid of him.  With the money and ability to bring in new players last month he should have enough to be beating teams like Ayr and Dumbarton and if he doesn't I believe there must be a manager out there that can.

I was so angry after the game yesterday, two stupid, pathetic goals to concede.  The team fannying about at 0-0 and 1-1 like the game didn't matter, not giving the ball back at free kicks, taking about an hour to take throw ins, no urgency from the back, just lumping the ball up to the other goalkeeper. 

Final point and a completely serious one.  Do the players use the same ball in training as the type we play with in games? I have never seen control like it this season.  It's like watching five over excited puppies chase a football around a pitch.  The passing is not much better, how many errors were there?  Kicking the ball out the park, passing the ball to the other team, kicking straight to their goalkeeper, just not able to put two passes together.  Amateur stuff. 

And breath........................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GS saying JR will be here next season even if we're relegated is just a variation on the dreaded "vote of confidence" and if he doesn't get the new get the new guys to gell PDQ and at least make a decent attempt on 9th place I reckon he'll get the bullet  - I still reckon making 9th should be the minimum and if we don't make it I'd be looking to replace him. Looking at what Ayr & Dumbarton have achieved this season show there's points available for being able to play fairly basic football whilst keeping mistakes to a minimum - ie shitfest football. It really is an indictment on JR that he hasn't been able to match the two p/t teams over 15 games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GS saying JR will be here next season even if we're relegated is just a variation on the dreaded "vote of confidence" and if he doesn't get the new get the new guys to gell PDQ and at least make a decent attempt on 9th place I reckon he'll get the bullet  - I still reckon making 9th should be the minimum and if we don't make it I'd be looking to replace him. Looking at what Ayr & Dumbarton have achieved this season show there's points available for being able to play fairly basic football whilst keeping mistakes to a minimum - ie shitfest football. It really is an indictment on JR that he hasn't been able to match the two p/t teams over 15 games.  


It's an indictment of the players too though. Clarkson and Webster turn on their team mates as if they're watching a computer vs computer game on FIFA. You'd think they weren't involved going by their reactions, luckily only Clarkson played yesterday. At one point Storie played a ball about a foot beyond Clarkson and instead of chasing he was already turning and having a go about ball to feet. So, Davis quite soon after brings the ball out sees Clarkson and plays a ball to feet...Clarkson had decided to run long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

 

 


It's an indictment of the players too though. Clarkson and Webster turn on their team mates as if they're watching a computer vs computer game on FIFA. You'd think they weren't involved going by their reactions, luckily only Clarkson played yesterday. At one point Storie played a ball about a foot beyond Clarkson and instead of chasing he was already turning and having a go about ball to feet. So, Davis quite soon after brings the ball out sees Clarkson and plays a ball to feet...Clarkson had decided to run long.

 

Um yeah, the manager can only do so much and once the team are on the field he's dependent on the players he's picked actually giving a fuck which doesn't seem to be the case with the two you've mentioned. Now I suppose you can go back to the argument that the two you mentioned are AR signings but I feel that getting 100% commitment from the guys on the park is one of the requirements for a football manager's job. I just reckon that no matter what GS has said in public he's backed the manager during the transfer window and he'll have a minimum requirements target between now and the end of the season.

It's a funny old game - unless it's your job on the line. :bag

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kendo said:

Does anyone really believe that these kind of threads will help us? 

I certainly don't. It seems that some people think buying a season ticket or paying £20 to see St.Mirren is a permit to use vituperative language against the team, the manager or even individual players. I wonder do they do the same if their wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, significant other or even worse, their children underperform. I suspect some of them do. There does indeed seem to be a thin line between love and hate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

My understanding Jack is here for the next 3.5 years. Get over it and support the club it will go along way to getting out of this mess. 

Football Cliché No. 1 - it's a results driven business......................

I can remember TF backing AR just before the Dumbarton game -,what happened next?

I'd love to see JR  being with the club in 312 years time, because it. would mean he's met the expectations of most of the support

*****************

On a different note there's no point taking the moral high ground 'cos I can remember you being a vocal member of the "Gus must go" back in the dim and distant past. Back the manager no matter what is a club only open to the angels.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new day, a new dawn and we still all support the saints. These last three or four years have been the most frustrating in decades as we see our beloved St Mirren in freefall unable seemigly to grasp and hold on to anything or anyone that could help see us stabilise and move forward again.

supporters do what is says on the tin, they are they people who actually support the play, lifestyle, families and income of those charged with getting results. It hurts when we are so poor, the manager at least knows this and says the players need to give the support something to feed off. Sadly its been scraps thus far.

i like Jack Ross, but imo he was the wrong choice given the position we were in, and his relevant experience, and achievements to date as a manager of less than one season. The decision taken to sack Rae should only have been made if he was being replaced by a better, more capable and experienced manager, otherwise whats the point of going to the trouble, expense and upheaval to be worse off?

there are still available more than enough points to at least keep our destiny in our own hands, if Jack and the players can't grasp that chance, we succumb, and more or less the whole first team squad walk at the end of the season do we carry on supporting Jack hoping things will change, or should we accept what he has achieved at that point is a fair indication on what he will go on to being able to achieve?

nobody wants to be banging on about our obvious shortcomings, but we do it because we care, we've got skin in the game, it hurts to see the hope drifting away, and the only way to change that is for Jack and the squad to give us a reaction, play to their actual capability fo 90+mins each week. The brief flashes of that show they are capable, but for reasons perhaps known only to themselves they seem unable or unwilling to commit to the cause that sees us, the supporters turn up time and time again in numbers, when common sense should probably tell us all hope has gone.

is it demanding the absurd, is it treating the manager and players with disrespect to simply hope we can win one game, and the following week do the same??? If that is the definition of being a boo-boy, or as some eejits on here woulld have you believe lack of community spirit, then how many of the three thousand or so hardcore support who actually get along to the games they can, seeking at least some dig are guilty as charged?

I know the usual suspects will be back next week, and the week after, and the week after that too.... isn't about time Jack and the squad turned up every week? Thats all we ask really, anything on top lets be honest is; to a St Mirren fan a big bonus!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I know the usual suspects will be back next week, and the week after, and the week after that too.... isn't about time Jack and the squad turned up every week? Thats all we ask really, anything on top lets be honest is; to a St Mirren fan a big bonus!

By the time we reach, say, 2-3 hundred posts we all have our defined "user personality" and it's usually predictable what side of the argument most of us will come down on. What's interesting is when someone takes up a position contrary to what they have in the past - I'm sure I've flip-flopped a number of times. :whistle

Stay crazy LordP, stay crazy.................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Football Cliché No. 1 - it's a results driven business......................

I can remember TF backing AR just before the Dumbarton game -,what happened next?

I'd love to see JR  being with the club in 312 years time, because it. would mean he's met the expectations of most of the support

*****************

On a different note there's no point taking the moral high ground 'cos I can remember you being a vocal member of the "Gus must go" back in the dim and distant past. Back the manager no matter what is a club only open to the angels.

I'm not taking the moral high ground Colin I'm going on how many managers  we have been thourgh in a small space of time which must have a financial consequence to the club. We now need stability we are on a  downward spiral which will bottom out ether in play off or relegation. I have not lost faith in Jack. This man given time will come good.          STABILITY IS NEEDED.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when Queen of the South were catchable?

Nice to see their new appointment starting to get results. His January signings having instant impacts. Who'd have thought it?

I like how some people are happy to stick with JR through relegation even though there is absolutely zero evidence to prove his worth. Some people need to wake up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Remember when Queen of the South were catchable?

Nice to see their new appointment starting to get results. His January signings having instant impacts. Who'd have thought it?

I like how some people are happy to stick with JR through relegation even though there is absolutely zero evidence to prove his worth. Some people need to wake up.

What's the alternative?

Bring Gus back? <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We didn't lose any ground on our rivals yesterday and while it is very frustrating to lose the lead twice, i hardly think it merits the sack the manager posts cropping up any time we don't win. A little patience after so many personnel changes in such a short period of time would be more beneficial for the team in the run in to the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I am saying is Dumbarton have a Manager whose full time job is at Rolls Royce who has the luxury of having his players two nights per week for training tactics etc yet we have been unable to beat them this season and are well above us points wise.Something is badly badly wrong at our club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What's the alternative?
Bring Gus back? <_>


Can't sack Jack Ross, we need to give our manager time for a change but it doesn't mean he can get a free ride.

Sacking him before the end of the season or in October after he has signed a whole new team up would continue the crap cycle we are in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sergie's no1 fan said:

 


Can't sack Jack Ross, we need to give our manager time for a change but it doesn't mean he can get a free ride.

Sacking him before the end of the season or in October after he has signed a whole new team up would continue the crap cycle we are in.

 

I agree. Of course he should be held to account, but talk of bagging him is just plain daft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...