In Jack I Believe

40 minutes ago, Liverpool Bud said:

Shull as a regular poster I'm happy to agree to disagree with you on this at the current time

As an eternal optimist I'm eagerly awaiting the Jack Ross revolution!

I am also eagerly awaiting the Mr Ross revolution.. 

Time, patience and confident. 

I liked Ross as  player.  And as a telly man.

As manager I thought, Meh... but hoped it would work.

Still do...  :unsure:

However, I am not impressed by him going into the crowd to discuss things with fans.  That is not 'displaying passion' as some would like to portray it.

That's showing that you can't take personal abuse, can't just ignore it and get on with your job...  which I would have thought was one of the basic requisites of being a fitba manager?

His behaviour/reaction was an attempted diversion - a squirrel , if you like - away from the fact he is NOT performing well enough. He's not daft, he knows this.  He needs to get his team's fitba do the talking to the fans - his words will never be enough.

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

Pathetic.

I'm never one to fall out with another Saints supporter on an Internet forum neither am I crying out for Jack to be binned 

I do however believe so far his points accrued is a load of toss 

perhaps you disagree with me on this or do you indeed think his performance has been pathetic?

I'm never one to fall out with another Saints supporter on an Internet forum neither am I crying out for Jack to be binned 
I do however believe so far his points accrued is a load of toss 

perhaps you disagree with me on this or do you indeed think his performance has been pathetic?

Comment was on your childish name-calling. Thought that quite clear, but happy to reiterate it you this once.

The rot set in before Ross was appointed. We have been a club in free fall for years. The apathy by the old board has infiltrated the whole club. We are now a club in serious transition and it needs a kick start and a clear out.  We are where we are not because of Jack Ross but because of the attitude that exists at the club. We now have to take a massive step backwards to move forward again. If going down and having a clear out is the answer then so be it. Punting yet another management team is not the answer we have to give Ross the chance to reinvent the side from whatever starting position we find ourselves. If the starting point is some fresh faces during the window and escaping then good but if it's a complete clear out in a lower league then we take the hit and come back stronger and with players buying into a new ethos instead of accepting the malaise that surrounds the club at the moment. 

Edited by Ethan
Mistake

5 minutes ago, Ethan said:

The rot set in before Ross was appointed. We have been a club in free fall for years. The apathy by the old board has infiltrated the whole club. We are now a club in serious transition and it needs a kick start and a clear out.  We are where we are not because of Jack Ross but because of the attitude that exists at the club. We now have to take a massive step backwards to move forward again. If going down and having a clear out is the answer then so be it. Punting yet another management team is not the answer we have to give Ross the chance to reinvent the side from whatever starting position we find ourselves. If the starting point is some fresh faces during the window and escaping then good but if it's a complete clear out in a lower league then we take the hit and come back stronger and with players buying into a new ethos instead of accepting the malaise that surrounds the club at the moment. 

In fairness we thought being relegated from the Premiership would do that.

1 minute ago, John Gotti said:

In fairness we thought being relegated from the Premiership would do that.

I agree but the attitude at the club goes far deeper than one drop. Partick Thistle went through the same problem and look at them now. We need to make the right changes to give us back the fight as a club. 

8 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I agree but the attitude at the club goes far deeper than one drop. Partick Thistle went through the same problem and look at them now. We need to make the right changes to give us back the fight as a club. 

I don't disagree but we have a different board, a different manager and different players since we got relegated yet the problem still remains.

I honestly don't know what else would can change, short of bringing someone in to perform an exorcism at the ground.

You've probably given this more thought than me bud, so what would you change?

16 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Well, it was only just a few "years" ago we were a premier league club and won the league cup.

As for saying we are not where we are because of Ross, who isn't 100% to blame, he sure as hell has cemented our position of being stranded at the bottom of the 2nd tier of Scottish football. The "defence" of it not being his players, as has been stated elsewhere, is wearing thin as most managers have to work with what they have. Good managers improve what they have and build from there. We, clearly, are not.

Also it might not be as easy as taking a hit and coming back stronger as we could easily, due to lost revenue, become stuck in the 3rd tire for a few years. There is nothing to guarantee we can become a premier league team again as we have no sugar daddy and, quite rightly, live within our means, which will see us struggling to attract any players of note.

I said when we were in danger of getting relegated from the premier league it could be a disaster. I never thought we could replicate that in this shit league.

No, we won't, and shouldn't get rid of him but, yes, it was a mistake employing him from day one, IMO.

The freefall started in the league when we best Celtic to get to the league cup final. We have not won many games since. After the cup win we were lucky to stay up. We then preceded to get rid of half the cup winning team without replacing with the same quality or better. The following year we were in the same positionostly draws the odd win then got rid of decent players. Then relegation and what can I say. We got rid of Jim Goodwin the one person you could rely on to lift the team while they were on the park. He was worth the wages he was getting and more. If you look at all the players we let go for nothing they are all doing well for other teams. 

Jack Ross has to build the team from the defence. I am a female and know that is our area of weakness. 

I am not sure if we will stay up now but any manager no matter what team deals with his defence first and biilds from the back. 

I would keep the youth incase we go down. So I would keep both gallachers but definately clarkson should go free up the wage along with the the loanees he is not playing. I would keep shankland he will come good.

Whatever the reasons for our current situation we are staring third tier football next season firmly in the face, whether or not Ross was the best appointment we could argue about all day, he is our manager and we need to get behind him and those of our players who show the passion that he does, admittedly there's not enough of them. Until it is mathematically impossible for us to stay up I'll believe we can still do it. What we don't need is another manager binned and still being paid. We need stability and to rebuild at whatever level we are at when the season ends. If we extend the technical area could we accommodate all the people we are still paying to manage by committee [emoji57]

We were bottom of the league when Rae was sacked. We're still bottom of the league. The only constant this season has been the players. That tells me that the problem lies in that dressing room.

We have plenty of known names with decent reputations in the squad but the majority of them are well over the hill. The make up of the squad is all wrong and that's down to the previous management.

1 minute ago, Edinbuddie said:

We were bottom of the league when Rae was sacked. We're still bottom of the league. The only constant this season has been the players. That tells me that the problem lies in that dressing room.

We have plenty of known names with decent reputations in the squad but the majority of them are well over the hill. The make up of the squad is all wrong and that's down to the previous management.

This is spot on ^^^^

Surely Jack Ross' primary remit on being awarded the gig was to get us OFF bottom spot, and as such, has failed. Christ almighty, even a wee bit of new manager bounce might have seen us a bit closer to the teams above us. Jack was a St Mirren player in teams who needed big performances themselves to avoid the drop, and Jack himself turned in a super performance at Falkirk where Gus MacPherson must have really rallied his troops - one of Gus' finest afternoons. We came out battling and all guns blazing. Jack was a big part of that so he knows what is required in this situation. Where's the fight? Where's the 'all guns blazing' attitude? 

In short, and this could be aimed at several of our recent managers to be fair... just what the fcuk goes on at Ralston all bloody week? At least the shite 90s teams tried.

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Surely Jack Ross' primary remit on being awarded the gig was to get us OFF bottom spot, and as such, has failed. Christ almighty, even a wee bit of new manager bounce might have seen us a bit closer to the teams above us. Jack was a St Mirren player in teams who needed big performances themselves to avoid the drop, and Jack himself turned in a super performance at Falkirk where Gus MacPherson must have really rallied his troops - one of Gus' finest afternoons. We came out battling and all guns blazing. Jack was a big part of that so he knows what is required in this situation. Where's the fight? Where's the 'all guns blazing' attitude? 

In short, and this could be aimed at several of our recent managers to be fair... just what the fcuk goes on at Ralston all bloody week? At least the shite 90s teams tried.

In the teams that managed to dig out big results when the chips were down, there was at least one leader on the park. Hugh Murray, Kirk Broadfoot, Jim Goodwin....

Our current squad has no leader. No-one is taking responsibility on the field. I don't think the importance of an on-field leader can be over-estimated. The experienced players in our current squad are hiding - or are turning their fire on their teammates when something goes awry.

I think Ross can only do so much after the players take to the field. I watched him last weekend against Morton, and he was trying to drive the players on, urging them not to sit so deep. This is something that should then be taken up by the skipper and/or other players. It wasn't happening, and his frustration was abundantly clear.

Again, I am not trying to absolve JR of responsibility, but I think this a key factor that is missing from the players he has at his disposal compared to those in the teams you allude to.

Just now, mcdowell76 said:

Jack Ross clearly doesn't know what he is doing.

Time to get rid now.

And it wouldn't take a lot of cash to replace him.

My next door neighbour's cat could do a better job. And that's despite the fact that it died last month.

Welcome back, Andy:rolleyes:

Just now, Drew said:

In the teams that managed to dig out big results when the chips were down, there was at least one leader on the park. Hugh Murray, Kirk Broadfoot, Jim Goodwin....

Our current squad has no leader. No-one is taking responsibility on the field. I don't think the importance of an on-field leader can be over-estimated. The experienced players in our current squad are hiding - or are turning their fire on their teammates when something goes awry.

I think Ross can only do so much after the players take to the field. I watched him last weekend against Morton, and he was trying to drive the players on, urging them not to sit so deep. This is something that should then be taken up by the skipper and/or other players. It wasn't happening, and his frustration was abundantly clear.

Again, I am not trying to absolve JR of responsibility, but I think this a key factor that is missing from the players he has at his disposal compared to those in the teams you allude to.

Well, Jack Ross should sit down tomorrow in a room with Andy Webster, Jamie Langfield, David Clarkson, Rocco Quinn, John Sutton and anyone else he deems experienced and have a right good talk to them ahead of the Dunfermline game. Something along the lines of 'if we go down, let's go down fighting', or whatever it was Gus said to Jack's team pre-Falkirk. Mind you, Gus might just have said 'this tannoy announcer here is a right irritating cnut. Get out there and shove that Amarillo shite right up his arse...'

Worked a treat.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Get out there and shove that Amarillo shite right up his arse...'

Worked a treat.

Apparently Faraway can guess which chocolate bar is shoved up his arse.

So he pulled down his troosers and pants and his mate stuck a Mars Bar up his arse.

Faraway said "that's a Mars Bar".

So his mate stuck a Bounty Bar up his arse.

Faraway said "that's a Bounty Bar".

So his mate decided to get his cock out and stick that up Faraway's arse.

Faraway said "ah.... that's a Treat"....

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Well, Jack Ross should sit down tomorrow in a room with Andy Webster, Jamie Langfield, David Clarkson, Rocco Quinn, John Sutton and anyone else he deems experienced and have a right good talk to them ahead of the Dunfermline game. Something along the lines of 'if we go down, let's go down fighting', or whatever it was Gus said to Jack's team pre-Falkirk. Mind you, Gus might just have said 'this tannoy announcer here is a right irritating cnut. Get out there and shove that Amarillo shite right up his arse...'

Worked a treat.

Was there not a back story to the Falkirk game? One of their players having a go in the press or something along those lines. I'm sure there was a grudge thing associated with the game that served to fire players and supporters up.

I don't think any amount of pep talking to Webster, Irvine, Sutton et al will transform them into chest-beating Spartacus figures. 

Edited by Drew