it's Celtic in the Next Round

St.Ricky

Today was the first game under Ross, which it was clear that we were tactically organised, even against Dundee it was a hope we do better on the day. We forced the Celtic defenders to play their play makers by giving them space whilst closing down everyone else.

We done extremely well, we rode our luck throughout the game, but we did well. Rodgers comments should be ignored entirely. We now have two targets to meet. Win the challenge cup and stay in the league.

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

In my opinion it means nothing. It's up to us to keep performances and results positive. Praise is welcome, but irrelevant.

As you said it's your opinion.

I know for a fact that employees respond to praise positively when they deserve it.

Hopefully, this type of praise will rub off on some of our players.

2 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

Today was the first game under Ross, which it was clear that we were tactically organised, even against Dundee it was a hope we do better on the day. We forced the Celtic defenders to play their play makers by giving them space whilst closing down everyone else.

We done extremely well, we rode our luck throughout the game, but we did well. Rodgers comments should be ignored entirely. We now have two targets to meet. Win the challenge cup and stay in the league.

I disagree.

It was pretty obvious in our games v Ayr and Hibs too.

Sorry mate. I'm just not buying this "shambles of a squad" nonsense. JR inherited a squad that should be nowhere near the bottom of the league and had most people on here guaranteeing us a playoff spot. It took a massive squad turnover to get us going. Appreciate the explanation though. [emoji106]

I don't get to games as I live down south. From the highlights and occasional St Mirren TV plus this site I did come to the conclusion we had a very poor squad when the manager came in. I genuinely would be interested which players you think the manager could have got more out of. It appears from afar that senior players were shot, there was pretty much only Hutton older than 20 and under 30 except Quinn in that age bracket and Naismith who for different reasons weren't at their best. In addition McKenzie could never string more than a couple 90 minutes in a row. Those that have moved on don't appear to be performing any better.

As you said it's your opinion.
I know for a fact that employees respond to praise positively when they deserve it.
Hopefully, this type of praise will rub off on some of our players.

No you don't. The reason you don't know that for a fact is because it's not a fact - people respond differently to praise, criticism, and other kinds of comments. That's because we're all different.

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

No you don't. The reason you don't know that for a fact is because it's not a fact - people respond differently to praise, criticism, and other kinds of comments. That's because we're all different.

Actually I do.

Over the years individuals that I manage at my work have told me so.

And you sort of make my point in your statement that people respond differently.

There will be individuals in our squad who respond positively to the praise they're receiving from all corners, but some won't.

What a first half that was today . Couldn't believe it when we took the lead . Had a look across to the linesman awaiting his flag to go up . Thankfully it didn't and the scenes that followed will live long in the memory bank . 

If we play like we did for the first 57 minutes today for the remainder of the season , we'll hopefully be safe and have a cup in the bag . 

Well played Saints .

Actually I do.
Over the years individuals that I manage at my work have told me so.
And you sort of make my point in your statement that people respond differently.
There will be individuals in our squad who respond positively to the praise they're receiving from all corners, but some won't.

"I know for a fact that employees respond positively to praise when they deserve it"...

...except when they don't?

21 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I'm not.

Well done Saints. Watched the game in a pub full of tic fans and the first half was awesome. We really did look well organised and if Davis had managed to get any  other angle on that header we would have been two up and game on. Many of the celtic fans praised St Mirren for the way they played and that was well before their beloved Saint Brendan heaped his praise on us. I think we can all be proud of our team and our manager today and ALL go forward to Wednesday with confidence.

See you all at Kircaldy

COYS

:withstupid

22 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

Not true at all.

When Ross came in he gave everyone a chance to see what they could do. I think he was shocked at how shit most of them were so brought in U20 players instead and tried to get a formation and tactics sorted. There were huge improvements in performance but not results as he still had a poor pool of players to work from. From January when he dumped 10 and brought in 10 with 6 starting most games the difference has been night and day. We have been exceedingly good against TNS, Ayr, Hibs and Celtic but even back in Dec for example against Morton you could see the huge difference in tactics and performance.

Celtic supporting mate of mine says we are the first Scottish team to go in ahead at half time there since September 2014. Doesn't matter a great deal when it pans out 4-1, but shows how hard it is to go there and achieve even that.

Leading up till the 50th minute was not what I was expecting against The Scottish champions who have not lost a league game. We were very well organised and kept a good shape , worked hard and just tiered towards the end. The St Mirren support were magnificent. Celtic were up the tunnel when Saints were walking back from the Saints support I seen many Celtic fans in the main stand applause our team heading for the tunnel. That in itself tells you all you need to know. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Leading up till the 50th minute was not what I was expecting against The Scottish champions who have not lost a league game. We were very well organised and kept a good shape , worked hard and just tiered towards the end. The St Mirren support were magnificent. Celtic were up the tunnel when Saints were walking back from the Saints support I seen many Celtic fans in the main stand applause our team heading for the tunnel. That in itself tells you all you need to know. 

Aye, it tells me they won. :blink:

They're always so magnanimous when they get fcuked. :lol:

8 minutes ago, JM1 said:

I thought the players and fans were great today. I'm still very confident we will stay up - and that starts with a win on Wednesday.

Yeah I agree . Fans sang for 90 minutes and I don't think a single one left early .