St Mirren v Hibs 1st March

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Did i call for him to be sacked, Or call for his head?

it is a fact he has managed us through one of our poorest run of games for many a year, but somehow its only down to Jack when we win... go figure?

No but you did refer to him as Jack Loss and Jack Dross. 

16 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

How you judge jack and James b4 Jan. They were working with the duds Alex Rae brought in. I think we're starting to see how good a coach both are. and we should stick with then what ever happens.

Jack was clear that he inherited a squad with quality, what happened there?

i love it that some are so keen to go for the old one upmanship ploy now we have win two league games on the trot. Where were you guys when we were be slaughtered?

still if you guys still want to attempt to divide the support, or put me off my team of fifty years crack on... though i dont hold out much hope of you succeeding.

Edited by Lord Pityme

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I know i did, whats your point? You think perhaps previously he had us playing good football? If he did then why are we still bottom?

We're going over old ground here you don't seem to see what he's done during the transfer window. For that reason I'm out.

7 minutes ago, Kendo said:

We're going over old ground here you don't seem to see what he's done during the transfer window. For that reason I'm out.

I have already, on several threads anknowledged the vast improvement in performance and results in the last few games. Before that I also anknowledged the obvious failings of the manager in the games he has been in charge. Unlike some I am happy to see he is accountable for all his performances!

win the next two league games, and i will buy him a pint!

I was one of the detractors and felt Jack was the wrong appointment. Who knew our new board would back him to the tune of 10 in, 10 out?

So far things are looking a lot less bleak but we still have a ways to go. I didn't expect last nights result but it was the performance which gives me the greatest hope that I will be eating humble pie come May.

I asked after the game while walking tall out of the ground, "Where did that team come from"? I didn't really need to ask. Quite simply.... JR and his staff. The next league game is always the most important and, in this case, vital if we don't want to be buying into the play off lottery.

As my old school motto said, Impreavanti.

47 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I was one of the detractors and felt Jack was the wrong appointment. Who knew our new board would back him to the tune of 10 in, 10 out?

So far things are looking a lot less bleak but we still have a ways to go. I didn't expect last nights result but it was the performance which gives me the greatest hope that I will be eating humble pie come May.

I asked after the game while walking tall out of the ground, "Where did that team come from"? I didn't really need to ask. Quite simply.... JR and his staff. The next league game is always the most important and, in this case, vital if we don't want to be buying into the play off lottery.

Humble pie isn't needed.

What is needed is support when the team is playing badly and way too many fans have not been supportive enough or constructive enough through the bad times.

Jack and the team have turned things around DESPITE this lack of support.

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

it is a fact he has managed us through one of our poorest run of games for many a since last year, but somehow its only down to Jack when we win... go figure?

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

it is a fact he has managed us through one of our poorest run of games for many a year, but somehow its only down to Jack when we win... go figure?

He managed a poor inherited team.

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

How you judge jack and James b4 Jan. They were working with the duds Alex Rae brought in. I think we're starting to see how good a coach both are. and we should stick with then what ever happens.

I like Jack and I'm delighted at our progress, I've always stuck up for him. But he has made mistakes and has to take some of the blame for our poor form prior to this, out thought by Queens and Falkirk  and a determination to give chance after chance to Shankland, Hardy, Walsh, Carkson, and Langfield being his biggest failings. Seems to have learned from those mistakes. 

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

My old school motto was "not self alone," which we always took to be advice to avoid onanism.

8 hours ago, Saint Garf said:

As for Smith, I thought he was excellent. He wasn't directly involved in either goal, but he was a constant nuisance for their defence. His central role was also key in stopping McGinn and Bartley playing out for Hibs, they were never given time to settle on the ball and pick out a pass. The amount of work Cammy got through last night was immense. We're definitely a better team with him in the side. How he wasn't getting a chance for United I'll never understand.

Could not agree more. The first time I saw him I reckoned we were playing him out of position as he loved attacking people and shooting. His talents were wasted out wide. He describes himself as a striker but DUFC played him as a winger and although he played most games for them he wanted to leave as he wanted to play through the middle. So glad that Jack moved him inside as he is a revelation in there with his workrate, passing and he can hold a ball up. He is miles better than Hardie, Shankland, Loy, or Clarkson. When we stay up I hope we can persuade him/Aberdeen to let us have him next year for the promotion season.