Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

28 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Impossible to say and our form since then was swayed by the last few games when the league was won.

Anyhow, no point in debating, meaningless, like Rickys threads ha ha

Yeah, it's almost as if my first point was a joke.

So why was an offer put on the table if he was not wanted ?

Go back and read my post. I said that maybe due to his lack of pace and aerial prowess maybe we’d offered him what he was worth and he feels he’s worth more.

Also, he’s plied his trade in the lower end of English football and the second tier of our game. Of course he has shortcomings and anyone who has watched Harry play knows what they are.

Certainly everyone who sits around me on a Saturday knows. Doesn’t make him a bad player and I’d like to have kept him but we move on now as he’s made his decision.

My thoughts exactly. For instance, we might be delighted with an 8th placed finish next season, but clubs like Ipswich are not going to be scrambling to get him signed up for finishing 8th. As you say, it certainly won't win him another Manager of the Year. To improve his stock further he needs either a Top 6 finish or success in the cup, and I'm sure he knows that.

I just don’t subscribe to this notion at all. I’m pretty sure keeping us in the Premiership will be seen as a very positive thing on Jack’s CV and people running football clubs will see that there is more to him.

Not suggesting that this should influence Jack’s decision at all as the money itself should be enough to get him packing his bags, if offers, IMO.

16 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Lets hope by this time next week this thread will be buried in the Black & White archive`s one way or another, am really looking forward to getting back to normal, reading Ricky`s new threads on season tickets and Shulls Obituary column, never thought I`d ever say that  :unsure: 

image.png.7c8a63e4c5a123991cbd820a2bc815c2.png

4 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Yeah, it's almost as if my first point was a joke.

2 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

You really think if someone makes a mistake with grammar they are an idiot?

Check the mirror, there's your idiot. 

You really find it hard not to abuse people ADS. Chill and enjoy. How about a thread or two?

2 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

2 questions Ricky

Why did you qoute Magic Monkey?

Why did you fail to mention "abuse" (easily offended might I add) from BOK?

Abuse and you seem to go hand in hand ADS. Some original thoughts please. Illuminate and educate us on the forum. Over and out. Back on topic. Hope the uncertainty is over soon.

4 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Nice answer, or in your case, no answers. ha ha

If the word "idiot" is seen as abuse it's maybe a sign you've had a sheltered life.

Drivel and you don't just go hand in hand, you were made for each other. 

One day you might aspire to those heights.  Do try to be original. Some ideas please.

14 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Nice answer, or in your case, no answers. ha ha

If the word "idiot" is seen as abuse it's maybe a sign you've had a sheltered life.

Drivel and you don't just go hand in hand, you were made for each other. 

Your comments on the topic will be appreciated. Meanwhile I will assume (never a good thing to do) that you just like wasting your time and that of others. Meanwhile. Enjoy your day and chill.

38 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Reading the Ipswich forum quite a few, although it's close, are in favour of Hurst, currently managing Shrewsbury.

The standard in Scotland is a factor for many.

Hope it goes that way, keep Ross and we have a chance to keep the current positive outlook on the go. 

Just to keep you fidgeting on your flight. :sorry

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/430330/as-of-12.05.18-who-would-you-like-to-be-the-next-manager-of-itfc/#17

1 minute ago, pod said:

Lets all get on here and vote for Hurst. :rolleyes:

No need to vote. 

He is the bookies favourite, I believe, and few of them get rich by being wrong. 

IMO.. Jack will further raise his profile and that of Saints by being in the Frame on this one. 

Smart cookie is our Jack. 

PS.  I could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

No need to vote. 

He is the bookies favourite, I believe, and few of them get rich by being wrong. 

IMO.. Jack will further raise his profile and that of Saints by being in the Frame on this one. 

Smart cookie is our Jack. 

PS.  I could be wrong. 

I think the bookies are just reacting to the money being placed.

Today Shrewsbury reached the play off final. Out of respect it seems we won't approach Hurst until their season is over and we're wondering if that means we will wait and run the risk of someone else pinching Ross - or whether we might bite the bullet and offer him the job this week.

To be honest - I don't think anyone has a clue.

Edit; I think we will offer him the job this week.

P.S.  I could be wrong. 

Edited by ShefkiKuqisSkidmarks

12 minutes ago, ShefkiKuqisSkidmarks said:

I think the bookies are just reacting to the money being placed.

Today Shrewsbury reached the play off final. Out of respect it seems we won't approach Hurst until their season is over and we're wondering if that means we will wait and run the risk of someone else pinching Ross - or whether we might bite the bullet and offer him the job this week.

To be honest - I don't think anyone has a clue.

Edit; I think we will offer him the job this week.

P.S.  I could be wrong. 

Thanks Shefkik

Only time will tell. 

Dont know much about Hurst. 

1 minute ago, ShefkiKuqisSkidmarks said:

To be honest I don't know anything about Hurst or Ross.

I think that the people on our forum who claim to are just being a bit Billy Big Bollox.

Well... I know no more than any other regular fan at Saints.  Very much his own man.  Just had a look at Wikipedia for both. 

Worth a read I would say. 

16 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Reading the Ipswich forum quite a few, although it's close, are in favour of Hurst, currently managing Shrewsbury.

The standard in Scotland is a factor for many.

Hope it goes that way, keep Ross and we have a chance to keep the current positive outlook on the go. 

Why would they be wrong on that ?

Ipswich appointing Ross is a far greater risk than appointing Hurst.

Hurst is proven in England in lower leagues and well capable of stepping up to Championship.

Ross has won  effectively the English Conference if your being generous about Scottish Championship !

I wonder if the club should be breaking cover to acknowledge that this is actually happening.

I suppose there isn't a great deal to say, but the season is now technically over as all the leagues have been decided, and we are entering a critical period of rebuilding.

Even something glib along the lines of 'business as usual' might placate some of the more restless in our number.

From a personal point of view, I'm pretty much in the what will be will be camp, right enough.

From the club's perspective, I'm not really sure what they can do about this other than wait like the rest of us, but it might be best to issue some form of limited confirmation by way of an update.

20 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

You really think if someone makes a mistake with grammar they are an idiot?

Check the mirror, there's your idiot. 

Bitey-Bitey

Label someone's honest opnion as an "idiotic post" and you need to know it is coming back at you.

Maybe you'll be more respectful in the future.  Maybe not.