New Manager Latest Odds

2 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Kyle saying on twitter that Hopkin withdraw from the race , But was he ever really a serious a serious contender ?And that's not meant to mean he wasn't good enough because I think he could have done a good job.

That's good news, other than the last couple of years, he's done nothing in management, apart, I suppose, from being the assistant manager in the worst Morton team in living memory. He's now 47, think he may struggle wherever he ends up. Plus at least he won't bring his dodgy gangsta assistant with him. 

13 minutes ago, Hendo said:

So someone with no connection to the club, therefore presumably no inside info, has told you Kennedy will get it. Don't think I'll be rushing to the bookies. 

You forgot to factor in that the information was most likely divulged at an imaginary dinner party. Even less reason to rush to the bookies.

26 minutes ago, Hendo said:

So someone with no connection to the club, therefore presumably no inside info, has told you Kennedy will get it. Don't think I'll be rushing to the bookies. 

Hard to believe that some people still take his ramblings at face value , when the guy is clearly at the wind up or thinks he is hilarious somehow. .

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Someone in the know ?

I posted on here on Saturday that I had, on good authority who the next manager might be,  an ITK tip.

A cousin of Mickey Mellon told me that MM had applied for the job and, when my post appeared on here, all you wanted to do was talk about inland to coastal waterways.

52 minutes ago, scottd said:

Read that Swansea are interested in Graham Potter.  Surely John Potter isn’t being quoted as a serious contender for our job?:shockaroony

Of course not. More like Harry Potter. We need someone who can conjure up some magic. 

That's pretty much where I'm at, too - ie: nowhere!
I'm off on holiday three weeks today.  As long as its sorted out by then, I'm relaxed enough about things:2cool

Well I am off in about 10 hrs so hopefully I hear god news while on the sunlounger soon [emoji41]

43 minutes ago, Hendo said:

That's good news, other than the last couple of years, he's done nothing in management, apart, I suppose, from being the assistant manager in the worst Morton team in living memory. He's now 47, think he may struggle wherever he ends up. Plus at least he won't bring his dodgy gangsta assistant with him. 

They're one or two more with dodgy assistants out there. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, StuD said:

I don't think I've got any "reliable" sources. But I would say it was a good source - not related to St Mirren in any way. 

Was it a tip off from an ex chairman you were friendly with. :rolleyes: 

Edited by pod

57 minutes ago, StuD said:

At this point can I chuck in the same name I always do. Stephen Kenny. The job he has done at Dundalk is nothing short of incredible and for those who get all snobbish about the league of Ireland, Dundalk have been more successful in Europe than a number of the top clubs in the Scottish Premiership in recent seasons, on a far smaller operating budget. 

I said it last time that its not actually a bad shout. Stephen Kenny is forever tainted by the Dunfermline fiasco and its a bit unfair. 

I just saw today the Simo Valakari rumour as well. Currently managing Tromso and took his former club in Finland from midtable in the 2nd league to the champions of the top division in consecutive seasons ending in 2015. A quite interesting name if nothing else. I do remember him playing with Motherwell in the John Boyle in for a quid era. 

1 hour ago, StuD said:

At this point can I chuck in the same name I always do. Stephen Kenny. The job he has done at Dundalk is nothing short of incredible and for those who get all snobbish about the league of Ireland, Dundalk have been more successful in Europe than a number of the top clubs in the Scottish Premiership in recent seasons, on a far smaller operating budget. 

I like a guy who's prepared to stick with his obsessions and as djchapsticks says "its not actually a bad shout. Stephen Kenny is forever tainted by the Dunfermline fiasco and is a bit unfair" any old lag will have a failure or two on his CV.

Just one question - is there any indication Kenny wants to return to this side of the water? If he does I'd suggest he gets in contact with Jack Ross' agent! :P

1 hour ago, StuD said:

This is a decent point on all fronts, Dundalk have been impressive. The one thing that makes me doubt this would happen is that I can't see him leaving in the middle of a title fight with European football on the horizon. If he wanted a move back to Scotland he'd be looking at the first wave of sackings coming in.

33 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I like a guy who's prepared to stick with his obsessions and as djchapsticks says "its not actually a bad shout. Stephen Kenny is forever tainted by the Dunfermline fiasco and is a bit unfair" any old lag will have a failure or two on his CV.

Just one question - is there any indication Kenny wants to return to this side of the water? If he does I'd suggest he gets in contact with Jack Ross' agent! :P

I've no idea. Over the years he's been linked strongly with a number of clubs in England but whether that was because he was applying for the post, or whether it was because some people had just put his name out there is anyones guess. 

If I was on a football club board looking to recruit a manager he'd be one of the names at the top of my shortlist whether he's applied or not. 

Even the so called "Dunfermline fiasco" saw him take The Pars to a Scottish Cup Final, into Europe for the first time since the 60's and he took them to the Challenge Cup Final as well. He was only manager at Dunfermline for 13 months! 

Anyway, what the f**k am I doing. I've got money on John Kennedy. Get it sorted Scott and Fitzpatrick! 

Why put Stephen Kenny’s name forward if you say John Kennedy has got the job? [emoji15]

20 minutes ago, StuD said:

I've no idea. Over the years he's been linked strongly with a number of clubs in England but whether that was because he was applying for the post, or whether it was because some people had just put his name out there is anyones guess. 

If I was on a football club board looking to recruit a manager he'd be one of the names at the top of my shortlist whether he's applied or not. 

Even the so called "Dunfermline fiasco" saw him take The Pars to a Scottish Cup Final, into Europe for the first time since the 60's and he took them to the Challenge Cup Final as well. He was only manager at Dunfermline for 13 months! 

Anyway, what the f**k am I doing. I've got money on John Kennedy. Get it sorted Scott and Fitzpatrick! 

You've convinced me of one thing - Kenny is a better option than Kennedy.

Maybe you should be an agent! :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Why put Stephen Kenny’s name forward if you say John Kennedy has got the job? emoji15.png

To highlight the fact that I'm always right. I first suggested Kenny for the job when Gus MacPherson left St Mirren - and I knew his name was amongst the applicants. Since then Kenny has won three League Of Ireland Premiership titles with Dundalk, got Derry City promoted as Champions of the Irish First Division, won three League of Ireland Cup Finals, one with Derry and two with Dundalk, the Leinster Senior Cup twice with Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk, the Presidents Cup with Dundalk, the PFIA Manager of the Year 3 times, Irish Tatler Man of the Year once, Phillips Sports Manager of the year once, and RTE Sports Manager of the Year once. And his team Dundalk became the first ever Irish side to win points in the Europa League. 

I was ridiculed each and every time for suggesting Kenny however since then St Mirren have gone through 6 managers, been relegated, hit their lowest league position in decades narrowly survived relegation to tier three. Ross restored some pride in Paisley, but the point should be patently clear by now. Stephen Kenny would have been a fantastic choice for a club like St Mirren. 

Kenny won't get it this time either. The various St Mirren boards have always been hard of thinking.

John Kennedy will be appointed manager next week. He'll be a decent choice. 

17 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

You've convinced me of one thing - Kenny is a better option than Kennedy.

Maybe you should be an agent! :rolleyes:

If I was Stephen Kenny's agent Sunderland would have him in charge right now gearing up for a spectacular season, and St Mirren would still be stuck with Jack Ross.