Stubbs Already Doomed

faraway saint

34 minutes ago, StuD said:

Well a few weeks ago on here there were several posters -including you LPM - who were claiming that Kyle Magennis, Gavin Reilly, and a number of others could walk into any side in the English League Two and be a superstar - yet this week we see St Mirren shopping for players who have spent much of their career struggling to stay up in the English SIXTH tier. Stubbs may be right and may have unearthed a gem, but it fair puts the ridiculous claims of some of the forum users into sharp perspective. It's certainly puts Scottish Footballs youth development into sharp focus. Would players like Cody Cooke, Jeff King, James Kellerman and Josh Heaton even figure amongst the top 100 in their age group in England? Yet here we see the manager - having seen St Mirren's players in action - rating them as better than anything the club has in the academy. That's a worry not just at St Mirren, but in terms of Scottish Football on the whole.

Personally I think Reilly will be a huge loss to the club. It seems silly to have let a natural goalscorer walk away even if the plan is to sign a couple of big name strikers.  

I čan confirm Reilly has offers from EFL2, Non League, and up here. Looking forward to how these boys who stood out at Vardy's Party, crack on with us.

Magennis will be the subject of a bid by Sunderland, and one or two others. Wether  we sell is another matter. NEXT..!

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I čan confirm Reilly has offers from EFL2, Non League, and up here. Looking forward to how these boys who stood out at Vardy's Party, crack on with us.

Magennis will be the subject of a bid by Sunderland, and one or two others. Wether  we sell is another matter. NEXT..!

Yeah funnily enough the only chatter I hear on this is from the St Mirren side. I guess Sunderland must be waiting on the sale of N'Dong, Khazri, Rodwell, and McNair to raise the £20m needed to pay the £150k that it would take to get St Mirren to part with a player that would still be third string at Sunderland. :rolleyes: It might happen I guess. Jack Ross does appear to like padding out his squad with players that need loaned out in the next window.  

Edited by StuD

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 10:50 PM, faraway saint said:

I get the feeling that Stubbs is already a man with a target on his back.

There's already a large amount of negative posts that will, IMO, only increase as I fear we could struggle in the top league, as Ross probably have done. 

A poisoned challis, almost a "no win" situation as nothing short of top 6 place, which I feel is next to impossible in out first season, will see him torn to shreds on a weekly basis.  

I sincerely hope we get off to a good start or the current negativity will grow and Stubbs will be doomed before the first quarter of the season is over. 

There is already a fairly long list thinking, or hoping, he will fail, seen this before with our managers. 

Already growing. :whistle

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think any supporter wishes that the manager will fail etc.

However, given what supporters witnessed before Jack Ross's arrival and what we saw him achieve with the team, things can (and will) change quickly if things go south and we cannot compete.

26 minutes ago, melmac said:

I don't think any supporter wishes that the manager will fail etc.

However, given what supporters witnessed before Jack Ross's arrival and what we saw him achieve with the team, things can (and will) change quickly if things go south and we cannot compete.

While I can get this there's the fact we don't know what Ross could have achieved in the same situation. 

At this stage some of the posts,  although not a surprise, are shocking. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

It's well documented you only see what you want so to end this. ...........away and feck yourself, no time for "ping ping" with you. :byebye

I haven't seen any panic. Lots of frustration at us drawing with a non-league team and the concern that brings. Where has anyone shown panic? Just making stuff up? :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Fara always goes in the huff an spits the dummy when he disnae get his ain way. Don't indulge him. Just say, "aye ok, whitever".

As he has 30000 posts and you have 700 , ( 650 of these posts are in some made up language you think is funny, but actually confirms your a fanny)

Now in the words of the one of our Forum mainstays  " Feck off " :byebye

1 hour ago, helpmaboab said:

He hud 700 wance tae ya muppet. And its you're no your. Yi keep getting that wrang wee Dougie.

30,000 posts, ffs, that's obscene. 10 a day, wid take mair than 8 years.  (if yi didnae sleep). Hilarious.

Wee Dougie is a wee bit o' a dummy spitter as weel. Pair wee Dougie Dougie Dougie.....

Sorry didn't understand a word of that. Did your school get bombed by chance ?

There's already a large amount of negative posts that will, IMO, only increase as I fear we could struggle in the top league, as Ross probably have done. 

A poisoned challis, almost a "no win" situation as nothing short of top 6 place, which I feel is next to impossible in out first season, will see him torn to shreds on a weekly basis.  

I sincerely hope we get off to a good start or the current negativity will grow and Stubbs will be doomed before the first quarter of the season is over. 

There is already a fairly long list thinking, or hoping, he will fail, seen this before with our managers. 

Aye, and people laughed.:wink:

• 5 weeks later...

Aye..................................:lol: