Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
faraway saint

Stubbs Already Doomed

Recommended Posts

I get the feeling that Stubbs is already a man with a target on his back.

There's already a large amount of negative posts that will, IMO, only increase as I fear we could struggle in the top league, as Ross probably have done. 

A poisoned challis, almost a "no win" situation as nothing short of top 6 place, which I feel is next to impossible in out first season, will see him torn to shreds on a weekly basis.  

I sincerely hope we get off to a good start or the current negativity will grow and Stubbs will be doomed before the first quarter of the season is over. 

There is already a fairly long list thinking, or hoping, he will fail, seen this before with our managers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I get the feeling that Stubbs is already a man with a target on his back.

There's already a large amount of negative posts that will, IMO, only increase as I fear we could struggle in the top league, as Ross probably have done. 

A poisoned challis, almost a "no win" situation as nothing short of top 6 place, which I feel is next to impossible in out first season, will see him torn to shreds on a weekly basis.  

I sincerely hope we get off to a good start or the current negativity will grow and Stubbs will be doomed before the first quarter of the season is over. 

There is already a fairly long list thinking, or hoping, he will fail, seen this before with our managers. 

Hope your way off the mark here Faraway

I for one will be backing the manager 100%.  4 season tickets purchased today first time since 2000.  And anyone with a tiny bit of common sense will know its gonna be so much tougher this coming season,    But we all saw last season what can happen when everyone gets behind the team, this club has momentum, why anyone would want to derail that with negativity is beyond me,

Lets support the team loud and proud WIN LOSE or DRAW that's our job as fans,  We may not be the best team in the league next year, but we can easily be the best fans  :notworthy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I get the feeling that Stubbs is already a man with a target on his back.

There's already a large amount of negative posts that will, IMO, only increase as I fear we could struggle in the top league, as Ross probably have done. 

A poisoned challis, almost a "no win" situation as nothing short of top 6 place, which I feel is next to impossible in out first season, will see him torn to shreds on a weekly basis.  

I sincerely hope we get off to a good start or the current negativity will grow and Stubbs will be doomed before the first quarter of the season is over. 

There is already a fairly long list thinking, or hoping, he will fail, seen this before with our managers. 

I know no-one will be the slightest bit surprised but I get the same feeling. 

Lets face it there's a load of people with really unrealistic expectations. There's the CEO with his 4th - 6th place rubbish. The Chairman who only wants to watch entertaining football. And a board that launched a pile of names into the papers that showed pretty clearly that Alan Stubbs wasn't necessarily first choice. Then there's a load of slabbering fans who think the club will be able to get Stevie Mallan and Lewis Morgan in for the coming season. Or the really daft ones who think Alan Stubbs - a man who in his own words was sidelined by Martinez having gone for the Everton job at that time - will be able to get Marco Silva to send up a load of loan players from Merseyside when Stubbs couldn't get Martinez to send any to Hibs, when he was there, nor Koeman to send him any to bail him out at Rotherham. 

Staying up should be the only goal. If Stubbs keeps St Mirren ahead of Livingston all season long, and perhaps one other - he'll have had a successful year in my opinion. I don't think there's many on here that share that pragmatism though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I get the feeling that Stubbs is already a man with a target on his back.

There's already a large amount of negative posts that will, IMO, only increase as I fear we could struggle in the top league, as Ross probably have done. 

The majority of the negativity I've read has come (as usual) mainly from the BAWA creche of attention seekers. The same level of negativity would have appeared regardless of which candidate was chosen by GLS.

Do you really think these Look At Me posters are representative of the overall St Mirren core support ? I would doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The majority of the negativity I've read has come (as usual) mainly from the BAWA creche of attention seekers. The same level of negativity would have appeared regardless of which candidate was chosen by GLS.

Do you really think these Look At Me posters are representative of the overall St Mirren core support ? I would doubt it.

Here's hoping the feel good factor and backing our supporters have given the team continues this coming season, regardless of results.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Utter pish

This is just pre season boredom , from the waiting for god old codgers on here........

Thankfully this forum is just a small representation of the actual fan base. A lot of Saints supporters work in here, and none are downbeated old gits, mind most are under 40. That would be a crèche in here.......

Its exciting, and before most of you die , try being a little more upbeat.  Impossible I know in some cases

We are back............ get the nurse to change your nappies or call the Samaritans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

A couple of signings that look good on paper , and a couple of pre season friendlies  where we play with a bit of style and we,ll all be happy again

Doubt it.......

Last time I looked we were top of league, champions and a lot of excitement. We lost Jack, so what, we were always going to.

 

I come here, to get some good debate, and a wee laugh- what a morose bunch of old fuds

Stubbs needs support .................. and he will get it from the 4-5000 fans we have........

The tea room brigade on here, just moan about everything fortunately  death looms so like Brexit and UKIP it wont last ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Hope your way off the mark here Faraway

I for one will be backing the manager 100%.  4 season tickets purchased today first time since 2000.  And anyone with a tiny bit of common sense will know its gonna be so much tougher this coming season,    But we all saw last season what can happen when everyone gets behind the team, this club has momentum, why anyone would want to derail that with negativity is beyond me,

Lets support the team loud and proud WIN LOSE or DRAW that's our job as fans,  We may not be the best team in the league next year, but we can easily be the best fans  :notworthy

And there's the problem.  Common sense and football fans - an oxymoron if ever there was one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

A couple of signings that look good on paper , and a couple of pre season friendlies  where we play with a bit of style and we,ll all be happy again

Rather have a couple of signings that look good on the pitch.  :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pod said:

How are we going to win over the minority.  :unsure: :D

Pod- Basically who cares. They are to busy on here moaning and bitching to notice

 

I suggest a Care Home Bin........................ Old boring farts who just moan qualify for, a free Rich Tea Biscuit and a DVD of Terry and June................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pod said:

How are we going to win over the minority.  :unsure: :D

Not a chance Pod.  The minority you are looking at appear to be unreconstructed moaners who find traction in posting negativity. If they haven't learned to look at the bigger Picture by  now then I doubt that they will. Would love to be wrong though! 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I get the feeling that Stubbs is already a man with a target on his back.

There's already a large amount of negative posts that will, IMO, only increase as I fear we could struggle in the top league, as Ross probably have done. 

A poisoned challis, almost a "no win" situation as nothing short of top 6 place, which I feel is next to impossible in out first season, will see him torn to shreds on a weekly basis.  

I sincerely hope we get off to a good start or the current negativity will grow and Stubbs will be doomed before the first quarter of the season is over. 

There is already a fairly long list thinking, or hoping, he will fail, seen this before with our managers. 

Nah.... dont really see this at all.

yes there was, during recruitment when BIG names put themselves forward, then we got Stubbs a bit of the old "Bullseye Syndrome" i.e. "Look At What You Could've Won..! They've f**ked up boys take it away"... but in reality we got as big a name as we merit, and if he can do a job, and move on, well thats the game we should be in. I.e. Enjoying decent football whilst re-investing the income from players/staff who leave for a fee.

now we're into whoever Stubbs picks who has played/managed/coached in Scottish football will not be a universal popular choice, by dint of the fact... like Stubbs appointment we will get the people our status/budget merits. And they will have a history that someone, somewhere can cast up as a reason why their a wrong 'un..!

you're a lot like Arron Banks running a disruptive, lead them up the garden path campaign you big tease. And as always plenty bite when the emotional chips are stacked up..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Not a chance Pod.  The minority you are looking at appear to be unreconstructed Re-moaners who find traction in posting negativity. If they haven't learned to look at the bigger lecture by  now then I doubt that they will. Would love to be wrong though! 

FIFY....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Utter pish

This is just pre season boredom , from the waiting for god old codgers on here........

Thankfully this forum is just a small representation of the actual fan base. A lot of Saints supporters work in here, and none are downbeated old gits, mind most are under 40. That would be a crèche in here.......

Its exciting, and before most of you die , try being a little more upbeat.  Impossible I know in some cases

We are back............ get the nurse to change your nappies or call the Samaritans

If I remember correctly you were once put in here so aff the high horse pal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ReturnOf isma is god said:

If I remember correctly you were once put in here so aff the high horse pal

Yes I was for letting my cage being rattled by TC for wanting to Sack Ross. I never said I was whiter than white I said I was black and white.

No high horse required - pal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, StuD said:

I know no-one will be the slightest bit surprised but I get the same feeling. 

Lets face it there's a load of people with really unrealistic expectations. There's the CEO with his 4th - 6th place rubbish. The Chairman who only wants to watch entertaining football. And a board that launched a pile of names into the papers that showed pretty clearly that Alan Stubbs wasn't necessarily first choice. Then there's a load of slabbering fans who think the club will be able to get Stevie Mallan and Lewis Morgan in for the coming season. Or the really daft ones who think Alan Stubbs - a man who in his own words was sidelined by Martinez having gone for the Everton job at that time - will be able to get Marco Silva to send up a load of loan players from Merseyside when Stubbs couldn't get Martinez to send any to Hibs, when he was there, nor Koeman to send him any to bail him out at Rotherham. 

Staying up should be the only goal. If Stubbs keeps St Mirren ahead of Livingston all season long, and perhaps one other - he'll have had a successful year in my opinion. I don't think there's many on here that share that pragmatism though. 

Why are you concerned as you don't support the club? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Utter pish

This is just pre season boredom , from the waiting for god old codgers on here........

Thankfully this forum is just a small representation of the actual fan base. A lot of Saints supporters work in here, and none are downbeated old gits, mind most are under 40. That would be a crèche in here.......

Its exciting, and before most of you die , try being a little more upbeat.  Impossible I know in some cases

We are back............ get the nurse to change your nappies or call the Samaritans

First of all you seem pretty obsessed about this age thing.

Do you really believe that you are right because you're "under 40" as I've seen enough of your posts to know that you are as capable of spouting pish as anyone.

I happen to think Stubbs is a good, possibly as good as we could could have got, choice.

You, quite rightly say the forum is a small representation but there are enough negative comments about Stubbs for me to be concerned that he will quite quickly, results depending, become a target for the boo boys. 

I'm no way saying I will be joining that brigade but time will tell. 

Now do yourself a favour and get a grip ya fud. :byebye

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, faraway saint said:

First of all you seem pretty obsessed about this age thing.

Do you really believe that you are right because you're "under 40" as I've seen enough of your posts to know that you are as capable of spouting pish as anyone.

I happen to think Stubbs is a good, possibly as good as we could could have got, choice.

You, quite rightly say the forum is a small representation but there are enough negative comments about Stubbs for me to be concerned that he will quite quickly, results depending, become a target for the boo boys. 

I'm no way saying I will be joining that brigade but time will tell. 

Now do yourself a favour and get a grip ya fud. :byebye

 

Being negative doesn't make you right, starting a thread even in Prison  re Doomed and our manager who hasn't played a game certainly is pish.

I am not going to make this personal its merely an observation that there are a good few stupid threads running and none are Rickys...... I put it down to boredom and once the season starts off we can then debate tactics , team selections and the rest.

As for age- Well I am no spring chicken but if your meaning the usual LPMs, Stu D, "slit list" brigade then just because they post a lot doesn't represent the 6000 fans that turned up for our last few games....

 

Anyway its time for your tea ,cake and countdown, so I will give u peace :byebye 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Being negative doesn't make you right, starting a thread even in Prison  re Doomed and our manager who hasn't played a game certainly is pish.

I am not going to make this personal its merely an observation that there are a good few stupid threads running and none are Rickys...... I put it down to boredom and once the season starts off we can then debate tactics , team selections and the rest.

As for age- Well I am no spring chicken but if your meaning the usual LPMs, Stu D, "slit list" brigade then just because they post a lot doesn't represent the 6000 fans that turned up for our last few games....

 

Anyway its time for your tea ,cake and countdown, so I will give u peace :byebye 

You know you don’t have to read it the thread if it’s got a negative title you don’t have to come to the sin bin at all since you clearly don’t the like the place at all I think you just like this f**king high horse thing you’ve got going on here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Being negative doesn't make you right, starting a thread even in Prison  re Doomed and our manager who hasn't played a game certainly is pish.

I am not going to make this personal its merely an observation that there are a good few stupid threads running and none are Rickys...... I put it down to boredom and once the season starts off we can then debate tactics , team selections and the rest.

As for age- Well I am no spring chicken but if your meaning the usual LPMs, Stu D, "slit list" brigade then just because they post a lot doesn't represent the 6000 fans that turned up for our last few games....

 

Anyway its time for your tea ,cake and countdown, so I will give u peace :byebye 

The small amount of credibility you had just went down the tubes. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...