Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
djchapsticks

Ross Stewart to Ross County

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Not really. Both social media platforms, allowing people from all over the world to discuss basically whatever they want.

The main difference is that this feels like more of a closed community (which it isn't), while Twitter is far more open.

Either way, there are plenty of valid points for comparison.

A forum is conversation based in nature.

Twitter relies on "following people" which is an embarassing thing for an adult to do. Twitter is specifically aimed at narcisists of which there are apparently millions out there. Imagine thinking that the human population would be fascinated by the minutiae of your everyday life. The business model is based on creating an army of people to act as "hubs" or so-called "influencers". This establishes and reinforces a hierarchical setup which is not a good thing at all.

Forums could not be more different than this.

There are plenty of ways to compare all sorts of things but it doesnt make that approach valid, We are genetically 96 or 97% identical to bananas but you would be hard pressed to find anyone who would focus on the similarities between the two as being as equally valid as focussing on the few percent differences.

Difference is everything.

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

A forum is conversation based in nature.

Twitter relies on "following people" which is an embarassing thing for an adult to do. Twitter is specifically aimed at narcisists of which there are apparently millions out there. Imagine thinking that the human population would be fascinated by the minutiae of your everyday life. The business model is based on creating an army of people to act as "hubs" or so-called "influencers". This establishes and reinforces a hierarchical setup which is not a good thing at all.

Forums could not be more different than this.

There are plenty of ways to compare all sorts of things but it doesnt make that approach valid, We are genetically 96 or 97% identical to bananas but you would be hard pressed to find anyone who would focus on the similarities between the two as being as equally valid as focussing on the few percent differences.

Difference is everything. 

Perhaps you meant , differentiation is everything. .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Twitter relies on "following people"

Actually it doesn't.

I haven't signed up to follow any Twitter feed and never will.

However, I regularly access both the club's official and B&WA's Twitter feeds for information, without "following" anybody. I pop in now and again, as information tends to appear there more quickly than on other places.

On a Saturday, for example, the club's Twitter feed is where the team sheet appears first, which allows me to have a look at the team before I head down to the ground.

So, it's entirely possible to use Twitter without engaging in "narcissistic" behaviour.

 

 

Edited by FTOF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Thank you for recognising that.

To compare this forum with twitter is fundamentally flawed.

What do those idiots at Cambridge dictionary know anyway ?? 

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/social-media

:huh:Hmm ., maybe i got it wrong. pehaps this Oaksoft fellow is not so clever after all    :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Actually it doesn't.

I have and never will sign up to Twitter.

However, I regularly access both the club's official and B&WA's Twitter feeds for information, without "following" anybody. I pop in now and again, as information tends to appear there more quickly than on other places.

On a Saturday, for example, the club's Twitter feed is where the team sheet appears first, which allows me to have a look at the team before I head down to the ground.

So, it's entirely possible to use Twitter without engaging in "narcissistic" behaviour.

 

 

Then you steal it and post on here. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twitter is for children who have nothing better to do with their lives than gossip about utter shite. The fact that some rumours on there are true is as obvious as saying that in a mountain of shite a few flecks of water can be found. It still wouldnt be the first place you would go to get your water.
It beggars belief that grown adults spend their lives glued to it. 
You come across as a bit of a bellend at times Oaksoft. Most of your preaching i find quite funny as well as enjoying some of your wee arguments on here with other aliases.

Canny beat a funny c**t but put an imaginary fine line between those and choose the good side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:

You come across as a bit of a bellend at times Oaksoft. Most of your preaching i find quite funny as well as enjoying some of your wee arguments on here with other aliases.

Canny beat a funny c**t but put an imaginary fine line between those and choose the good side.

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Actually it doesn't.

I have and never will sign up to Twitter.

However, I regularly access both the club's official and B&WA's Twitter feeds for information, without "following" anybody. I pop in now and again, as information tends to appear there more quickly than on other places.

On a Saturday, for example, the club's Twitter feed is where the team sheet appears first, which allows me to have a look at the team before I head down to the ground.

So, it's entirely possible to use Twitter without engaging in "narcissistic" behaviour.

 

 

True, you've made great use of the forum in that respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

A forum is conversation based in nature.

Twitter relies on "following people" which is an embarassing thing for an adult to do. Twitter is specifically aimed at narcisists of which there are apparently millions out there. Imagine thinking that the human population would be fascinated by the minutiae of your everyday life. The business model is based on creating an army of people to act as "hubs" or so-called "influencers". This establishes and reinforces a hierarchical setup which is not a good thing at all.

Forums could not be more different than this.

There are plenty of ways to compare all sorts of things but it doesnt make that approach valid, We are genetically 96 or 97% identical to bananas but you would be hard pressed to find anyone who would focus on the similarities between the two as being as equally valid as focussing on the few percent differences.

Difference is everything.

Oh look - another mountain of shite... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SaintGlenburn said:

You come across as a bit of a bellend at times Oaksoft. Most of your preaching i find quite funny as well as enjoying some of your wee arguments on here with other aliases.

Canny beat a funny c**t but put an imaginary fine line between those and choose the good side.

Everyone comes across as a bit of a bellend at some point.

Are you saying you dont?

If no, why single me out. Away and worry about your own bellend-ness and leave me to have fun.

If yes, my response would have to spread my legs, put my hands on my hips and indulge in a spot of raucous laughter.

You want preach? I shall give you preach......

Remember the Old Testament. The book of Job, verse 4 - "Behold the denier of his own Bellendness forsooth he is not to be trusted to wipeth his ain erse" (I am not quoting verbatim here but I think I have the gistvof it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Soctty said:

Oh look - another mountain of shite... 

That's a bit low brow isn't it?

Do you the ability to be clever with your humour or is it all neanderthal knuckle dragging and playing to the gallery?

I just want to know what I am up against here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FTOF said:

Actually it doesn't.

I haven't signed up to follow any Twitter feed and never will.

However, I regularly access both the club's official and B&WA's Twitter feeds for information, without "following" anybody. I pop in now and again, as information tends to appear there more quickly than on other places.

On a Saturday, for example, the club's Twitter feed is where the team sheet appears first, which allows me to have a look at the team before I head down to the ground.

So, it's entirely possible to use Twitter without engaging in "narcissistic" behaviour.

 

 

Oh you "regularly access" do you? :lol:

What a hilariously middle class way of saying you follow the club's twitter feed.. :lol:

I bet you have a doormat which makes some reference to Prosecco or you have one of those ornamental word things like "HOME" or LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH". :lol:

Jesus.....you don't own a Fondue set do you?

Just admit that you follow the club's twitter feed FFS.

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh you "regularly access" do you? 
What a hilariously middle class way of saying you follow the club's twitter feed..
I bet you have a doormat which makes some reference to Prosecco or you have one of those ornamental word things like "HOME" or LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH". 
Jesus.....you don't own a Fondue set do you?
Just admit that you follow the club's twitter feed FFS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oh you "regularly access" do you? :lol:

What a hilariously middle class way of saying you follow the club's twitter feed.. :lol:

I bet you have a doormat which makes some reference to Prosecco or you have one of those ornamental word things like "HOME" or LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH". :lol:

Jesus.....you don't own a Fondue set do you?

Just admit that you follow the club's twitter feed FFS.

To "follow" a Twitter feed you have to signed up for Twitter. Happily, I'm not.:)

I see you've been reading your Michael McIntyre "joke" book.

Also,  I don't have a doormat.

I'd suggest a doormat for you, but I'm not sure they've got one that says, "Internet bore lives here".:wink:

Edited by FTOF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FTOF said:

To "follow" a Twitter feed you have to signed up for Twitter. Happily, I'm not.:)

I see you've been reading your Michael McIntyre "joke" book.

Also,  I don't have a doormat.

I'd suggest a doormat for you, but I'm not sure they've got one that says, "Internet bore lives here".:wink:

#whoneedsagoodkicking  ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That's a bit low brow isn't it?

Do you the ability to be clever with your humour or is it all neanderthal knuckle dragging and playing to the gallery?

I just want to know what I am up against here.

Far too easy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oh you "regularly access" do you? :lol:

What a hilariously middle class way of saying you follow the club's twitter feed.. :lol:

I bet you have a doormat which makes some reference to Prosecco or you have one of those ornamental word things like "HOME" or LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH". :lol:

Jesus.....you don't own a Fondue set do you?

Just admit that you follow the club's twitter feed FFS.

Do you have the ability to be funny with your humour...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...