Sign in to follow this  
linwood buddie

Billy Connolly.

Sir Billy Connolly has trouble recognising his oldest friends, five years after going public with his Parkinson's disease diagnosis, Sir Michael Parkinson admitted today.

The legendary Scottish comedian, 75, struggled to remember who Sir Michael was in a "sad and awkward" moment over dinner recently, as the neurodegenerative disorder takes its toll on Billy's ailing health.

Sad news , best wishes to Billy and family.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Wonder if he remembers when he was a Partick Thistle fan?

Gerard Butler must be a neighbour, he could pop round, he knows how it goes.

On a far more serious note, a terrible thing to afflict anyone. One of the all-time greats. Comedian, actor, singer, musician, fabulous documentary front-man, great chat show guest.... an absolute 100% legend.

Truly sad for anyone suffering from degenerative diseases.

I personally have always enjoyed listening to Billy, it’s possible that I own a copy of every video tape/dvd/record/tape that he’s done

I also enjoyed his ‘World tour’ programmes, someone who can entertain so many people over so many years truly has talent.

Hopefully, we haven’t seen or heard the last of him yet.

Aye, very sad.

Degenerative conditions like Parkinson's are grim. Terrible for the person with the condition, but also for family and friends.

T here is no doubt that Connolly is a comedy legend.  I didn't really take to his cosying  up with the establishment set, as it seemed to fly in the face of the Connolly Brand, but that is a side note.  I've had some of my best laugh out loud moments watching/listening to him,  and he will always be irreplaceable.

26 minutes ago, Drew said:

T here is no doubt that Connolly is a comedy legend.  I didn't really take to his cosying  up with the establishment set, as it seemed to fly in the face of the Connolly Brand, 

There is no doubt that Billy would tell you to f**k right off and mind your own business. He would probably take the piss over the chip on your shoulder as well.

Had a difficult childhood in the 70s but the constant source of, at times, side splitting mirth all came from Conmolly, a huge part of my humour education and having seen my dad succomb to dementia I can imagine the sadness and frustration his family and friends are feeling but the legacy he has provided is immense. Not gone yet though and I expect the odd gem between now and the end.