Stubbs can go now

6 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I didn't say the whole second half.

BTW, going to games is generally the best way to comment on performances. Not watching games but commenting, generally shows you to have "no fecking idea".

You said "Second half they were the better team."..................cheers for that, clearly you have no fecking idea. :wink:

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

Livy pumped us at the end of the season.

3-1 away at Aberdeen the game is still alive?

Thanks for pointing out that we did well at a lower level last season to this.

We should of beat killie away this year we were the better team created good amount of chances.

We were the better team v Dundee 1st half deserved to go in ahead imo 2nd half they came out and blew us away for first 15-20 mins before we came back into the game managing to get lucky with the winning goal.

We have competed this season with premiership teams still doesn’t change my mind that’s it’s best for all if we manage to move Stubbs on as it doesn’t seem to be working.

Smith for Kenny miller is a sacking offence on its own for me.

Livvie pumped us at end of season? The game finished 0-0 at GHR. 

Guest TPAFKATS
You said "Second half they were the better team."..................cheers for that, clearly you have no fecking idea. :wink:
Yes, I did
I was happy to see Stubbs get the job out of the options that we eventually had.

As for Dundee game, we started well and were level at half time which was a fair score. Second half they were the better team. Our keeper made three great saves and their keeper sold the winning goal.
You'd know this if you actually went to games and watched performances.
Now here's your reply
Close but wrong, they had a 20 minute spell after half time, not the whole second half.
Keep firing in with the "you don't go to games patter" it's always a sign of no fecking idea. [emoji38]
So I said the first half was even and dundee were the better team in the second half.
I clearly didn't say they were the better team for the whole second half.

Guest TPAFKATS
You're being very selective, plenty successful managers don't feel the need to leave the dug out.

Even if they do, what real difference does it really make, I would suggest little and certainly doesn't reflect a managers ability to manage and is farcical to use it as a negative. 

I don't need to attend games to realise this. default_bye1.gif

Yes, I was selective. I consciously selected the 4 most successful managers from the EPL last season.

Edit to add - those managers who aren't issuing instructions from the touchline tend to have a coach doing it for them.

48 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

You already know but just to play the game, the one on Friday night about team selection, because it wasn't your information to share, just showing off. 

It comes down to the contradictory positions you take on here at different times the "I'm just a regular fan" & then showing off your "insider" knowledge.

Just waiting for the "I don't know why I bother" post or have I missed it?

I bother because of times like these. This is when the forum actually serves a valuable purpose. It's terrific to see fans actually debating the club rather than talking utter shite.

If you don't like the twitter account, don't read it. Full of conjecture and rumour, not all of it turns out to be true.

1 hour ago, DLBud said:

Faraway, I’m not expecting Stubbs to deliver a cheerleading session from the dugout but when things are obviously not going to plan I’d hope that he’d be able to influence the shape and tactics of the team, based on what he’d seen, to be more effective.

Surely that’s a reasonable expectation?

For a change early doors I went to the main stand for the Spartans and Dumbarton games and was very close to the dugout. Stubbs was up and talking to the coaching staff during both, I'm sure he was too at Kilmarnock. Contrast that with Saturday where he looked forlorn. It's as if his attitude on the side lines is seeping into the players performance on the pitch. He has to show more enthusiasm, he is the boss and the boss needs to lead from the front.

If he doesn’t find replacements and the current players remain, then he’s alienated himself somewhat.

Very much reminds me of Terry Butcher at Hibs (ironically guess who sorted out the mess he left). Butcher publically and privately slaughtered players without bringing in replacements upto standard, or at all in some cases.
We all know what the end result was, let’s learn from it.

4 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Is that inside info or just your thoughts  :rolleyes:

Always my opinion mate. I don't speak for anyone at the club.

I know Gordon well, he won't be afraid to make decisions when he needs to, but I also know that he's not going to knee jerk sack a manager he appointed on a 3 year deal after 3 or 6 games.

If the choice is between a huffy and lazy Cammy Smith who has barely tried a leg so far this season, or a 39 year old Kenny Miller giving it his all, then I'll take Kenny Miller please. And if McGinn and Magennis are going to spend the rest of the season wandering around midfield in a huff, bitching about the manager and contributing f**k all because their pal didn't get picked, then they can go too.

40 minutes ago, div said:

I bother because of times like these. This is when the forum actually serves a valuable purpose. It's terrific to see fans actually debating the club rather than talking utter shite.

If you don't like the twitter account, don't read it. Full of conjecture and rumour, not all of it turns out to be true.

I didn't read the Twitter Account , the tweet was copied onto the Livingston match thread.

I accept your disclaimer, but your source was correct on Friday, and I still think it would've been better for the info to have remained confidential.

Edited by Bud the Baker

54 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

You use klopp as an example. In addition to klopp I would add Pep, Jose, Conti as another 3 great managers who are animated on the touchline and constantly instructing their team.

Hmmm

It's a binary choice, they either are animated or they arent. Considering there are thousands of football managers around the world its expected that you can point to successful managers who are animated and successfully managers who arent.

The point was that a manager doesnt need to be animated to make him any good.

20 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Really, hmmm first we had the sorry Lee Mair debacle under Lennon, then the Argie Armageddon, more recently the cringeworthy #teameck.... now you are attempting to destabilise  the manager with the Cammy Smith stuff... but you insist you are fully supportive of the manager..!

you do know that people can be stupid and dangerous, but a person looks, listens and thinks a bit more than the crowd? 

LPM you keep going about a "supposed" crowd.... who is in this crowd? I state my honest opinion whether it's popular or not. IMO Stubbs needs to go. You think otherwise, so you're part of the "crowd" who want to keep then surely?

9 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

It's a binary choice, they either are animated or they arent. Considering there are thousands of football managers around the world its expected that you can point to successful managers who are animated and successfully managers who arent.

Exactly there's more than one way to skin a cat... the main man himself big Jock Stein sat mainly in the dugout 

Guest TPAFKATS
Yes, they don't need to be animated to be good. I did however point out the top 4 managers from the 'best' league are known for their animation.
I'm not seeing a lot of examples of any successful modern manager who doesn't stand on the touchline issuing instructions.

For what it's worth, I don't particularly care if Stubbs is animated. I care if he's successful and I believe the team would be better if he was issuing instruction during games.

13 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Agree but he must consider the number of cameras at matches nowadays and not get caught in a pose like Saturdays again.

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

At this stage this is your view, not inevitable.

There were similar comments made about Jack Ross (Out of his depth) thank feck the people that run the club didn't listen to them.

I wasn't one of them and i tend to patient but i'm convinced the guy will relegate us if we keep him.

11 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

LPM you keep going about a "supposed" crowd.... who is in this crowd? I state my honest opinion whether it's popular or not. IMO Stubbs needs to go. You think otherwise, so you're part of the "crowd" who want to keep then surely?

That crowd could soon fill a phone box...… Just

5 hours ago, Second Decay said:

Stubbs has a better start to his St Mirren managerial career than Jack Ross had, and we are only 6 points off the top of the league.

Even when were losing when Ross was manager you could tell what he was trying to do and the team had a lot more fight. He proved himself as predicted when we got to the first transfer window.