Discussed. Family stand.

ged62

5 minutes ago, delpierro said:
8 hours ago, ged62 said:

While I’m happy to take the income when giving stands up to either of the O.F but being an ex soldier I’m totally disgusted with the songs, chants from the family stand by so called fans chanting about the IRA. I served in N.I. during the troubles, but get hoy life goes on & it’s allowed.

You make a valid point, However, you invalidate it somewhat with your ex-services point. Esp., after Ballymurphy documentary.

Who is glorifying the happenings of Ballymurphy at a football match in Paisley ? 

You make a valid point, However, you invalidate it somewhat with your ex-services point. Esp., after Ballymurphy documentary.

The IRA caused more atrocities against all walks of life in N.I than anyone. The point I’m making is the vile singing in OUR stadium & nothing is said about it plus I never shot or killed anyone [emoji6]So Ballymurphy has feck all to do with me.

1 minute ago, ged62 said:

The IRA caused more atrocities against all walks of life in N.I than anyone. The point I’m making is the vile singing in OUR stadium & nothing is said about it

Correct Sir and that is the point. 

The glorifying of terrorists at a Scottish Football Stadium. 

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

I agree with you regarding their chanting.

However, you serving in the British army has absolutely nothing to do with the matter and nothing to do with St Mirren.

Point noted on the flag, thanks. I shall remember to tell people to shove their Union Flag  up their arse in future.

I'd contend that anyone who walked around as a paid servant of our country at risk of being killed by Irish terrorists of either persuasion and who may well have seen comrades killed or hurt has a right to be upset, as well as explain the reasons why, when he hears that shit from scum who support a perceived causefrom the last century that they would never actually fight for themselves.

Mentioning his service is entirely in context.

1 hour ago, lovestlegend said:

Used to be offended by their songs about IRA, UDA etc. Last night I just felt embarrassed for them. Wee boys still singing that guff in 2018. Absolute cringe.

I'm still offended, sectarian bile and they should be fined. I don't feel easy with the we're making money out of them line that is trotted out either.  I'm well aware it's extra revenue but at what cost?  I'll always go to the home games but i don't enjoy them and it doesn't help when you're hearing it from our family stand. It's definitely putting off families coming, these are our future fans.  I think our board are doing a good job overall but this is one decision by GS and TF that i'm 100 % against.

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

Apart from the singing, were there any problems after the game with both sets of fans leaving at the same time, since this was 1 of the issues with them getting this stand ?

None that I am aware of.  

The singing can be dealt with if the SFA and SPFl hold the clubs involved to be responsible. 

I'd contend that anyone who walked around as a paid servant of our country at risk of being killed by Irish terrorists of either persuasion and who may well have seen comrades killed or hurt has a right to be upset, as well as explain the reasons why, when he hears that shit from scum who support a perceived causefrom the last century that they would never actually fight for themselves.

Thanks for that mate I appreciate your post. I was 18 when I joined up, went straight over there. While doing my training one of my Argyll colleagues was shot in the head by a sniper while taking a soldiers family member to hospital. I got spat by republicans during the hunger strikers fiasco. I have every right to be offered & upset by their chants. Soldiers originally went over there to protect the catholic community but were soon turned on.
Wish I never posted this thread now but that’s my story.

3 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Thanks for that mate I appreciate your post. I was 18 when I joined up, went straight over there. While doing my training one of my Argyll colleagues was shot in the head by a sniper while taking a soldiers family member to hospital. I got spat by republicans during the hunger strikers fiasco. I have every right to be offered & upset by their chants. Soldiers originally went over there to protect the catholic community but were soon turned on.
Wish I never posted this thread now but that’s my story.

You left out you're a fanny. :P

58 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

None that I am aware of.  

The singing can be dealt with if the SFA and SPFl hold the clubs involved to be responsible. 

We as a club need to take a stance. We should come out and say that if they want both stands in future there can be no repeat. If it happens next time that's it, one stand only. Of course we all know this won't happen we will just lube up, bend over and take the OF boaby with all the filth that comes with it. It is shameful but we are no different to the other 38 complicit clubs in this pervese little country !

BTW a wee announcement over the pa might have been a decent idea. At the very least it would ensure the authorities and TV could not use their selective deafness excuses.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

We as a club need to take a stance. We should come out and say that if they want both stands in future there can be no repeat. If it happens next time that's it, one stand only. Of course we all know this won't happen we will just lube up, bend over and take the OF boaby with all the filth that comes with it. It is shameful but we are no different to the other 38 complicit clubs in this pervese little country !

BTW a wee announcement over the pa might have been a decent idea. At the very least it would ensure the authorities and TV could not use their selective deafness excuses.

I don't see your first suggestion being adopted Ayrshire but see where you are coming from. 

I just thought the Celtic fans behaviour was quite weird. The ones in the family stand didn't actually sing a single football or Celtic song as far as I could hear. They never actually backed their team the way we did. I don't know how much that would affect the players in reality, but if you are going to support a team, you might as well support it rather than turn up and spend 90 minutes singing about things that happened before you were even born in a different country. It's just odd as much as anything else.

2 hours ago, lovestlegend said:

Used to be offended by their songs about IRA, UDA etc. Last night I just felt embarrassed for them. Wee boys still singing that guff in 2018. Absolute cringe.

Lovestlegend.  You sum it up well.  Embarrassing their clubs on a regular basis and Scotland when competing in Europe. Time to move on guys for sure. I don't want to hear them. 

6 hours ago, ged62 said:

My vile politics? f**k you moron, have ever served on N.I & seen what went on over there? If not keep your trap shut muppet. You should be critical of their chants in our stadium not my comment. Grow up & learn a thing or two.

You could easily have made your point without this "Help a Hero" style shite.

4 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Oh FFS more "Help a Hero" style shite. :angry:

4 hours ago, renfrew said:

Apart from the singing, were there any problems after the game with both sets of fans leaving at the same time, since this was 1 of the issues with them getting this stand ?

A bit of a fight outside Main Stand at the end but soon sorted out by the Polis.

There were a right few dodgy characters in the MS last night.Turned out they were the Saints Fans relocated from the Family Stand.

I would put a stop to the ugly sisters fans bringing in drums.