Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Sonny

Welcome Anders Dreyer

Recommended Posts

That is one way of looking at it. The other is that we need to grow more or capture better goal scorers when they are younger. It has always been a Scottish Problem.
English League 1 has 12 scorers with 15 or more Championship has 12 with 15 or more  ( 1 with 28, 1 with 25, 1 with 24, 2 with 23, 1 with 22 and 2 with 21
So there is 24 of them at a decent level - our not very high standard league managed just 2 with 15 or more goals in the league this season.  
Wonder why we are donkey's in Europe . . . :magic
We might well HAVE a scorer in our midst and not realise it.

NO forward can score without service and for most of this season, our forwards have been so isolated, it's no wonder they have struggled.

Higdon was labelled lazy by our support.
Turns out he can score for fun when given the service.

Mehmet was a dud... Forced onto the subs bench by the very same people who went on to idolise him.

More recently, Shankland... I wanted to keep him as I thought he had ability and could have learned from Thommo.

Aye... "Just" Ayr... But he's scoring for fun and now out of our price league!

Many factors combine to make sure that it is far from an exact science.

Tactics. Supply. Confidence. Fitness. Injuries. Ability!

Who's to say that with a confidence boost and the right supply, ANY of our current forwards couldn't raise their game and BE that forward?

We are quick to criticise and slow to support when it comes to players struggling for form... Yet still praise ourselves for our great support!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

We might well HAVE a scorer in our midst and not realise it.

NO forward can score without service and for most of this season, our forwards have been so isolated, it's no wonder they have struggled.

Higdon was labelled lazy by our support.
Turns out he can score for fun when given the service.

Mehmet was a dud... Forced onto the subs bench by the very same people who went on to idolise him.

More recently, Shankland... I wanted to keep him as I thought he had ability and could have learned from Thommo.

Aye... "Just" Ayr... But he's scoring for fun and now out of our price league!

Many factors combine to make sure that it is far from an exact science.

Tactics. Supply. Confidence. Fitness. Injuries. Ability!

Who's to say that with a confidence boost and the right supply, ANY of our current forwards couldn't raise their game and BE that forward?

We are quick to criticise and slow to support when it comes to players struggling for form... Yet still praise ourselves for our great support!

You make good points. I do think Jackson is a far better player than many give him credit for - but he is the old fashioned forward who would play off a big CF - but Nazon is not the one and Cooke is maybe still on the rise. Mullen is a great trier but I think he does not cut it as a big CF - though he is another option.  This season we have punted it up to mainly smaller guys who were being marked by bigger guys and outnumbered into the bargain..

You are spot on though in the creativity of our midfield and crosses from FB's etc, we have room for improvement there for sure.

The other factor is that we have only been together as the current squad for a few months since the window - so our perspective of where we are at is still a little tainted from the 1st half of the season. I have no doubt we will be in even stronger shape next season...  :magic

Edited by Sweeper07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

 


If only we’d signed Liam Smith! emoji23.png

:1eye

 

Paul McGinn has excelled in a different position. Smith would have done a job this season, Dundee United who I'm sure have SP aspirations seem to rate him enough to give him a two year deal :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

:bounce4Did you even read the message I was responding to or are you just on for another troll? :lol:

He is a sad-oh attention seeker - best to ignore him, then he stalks everyone else who he blames for being ignored...:bounce2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently has an injury that will keep him out for the rest of the season and has returned to Brighton.

 

Thanks Anders to your contribution to the Great Escape II. You will be missed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real shame. Has come onto a game in recent weeks and will be a big loss. Hopefully Kyle McAllister can step up and see out the season without injury.

Certainly wouldn’t say no to having Anders back next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Apparently has an injury that will keep him out for the rest of the season and has returned to Brighton.

 

Thanks Anders to your contribution to the Great Escape II. You will be missed.

Yeah , that a shame. Once he got used to the Scottish game and his teammates,  he looked a player.  

All the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, munoz said:

Yeah , that a shame. Once he got used to the Scottish game and his teammates,  he looked a player.  

All the best.

This is a blow. I think he would have added a goal or two to our escape in these last 3 games.

Will miss his creativity, but we are lucky to have Magennis back fighting for a game, and others like Hodson too.  

Do hope he is back for another season next year - unless Gus and OK find someone even better. :ninja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

This is a blow. I think he would have added a goal or two to our escape in these last 3 games.

Will miss his creativity, but we are lucky to have Magennis back fighting for a game, and others like Hodson too.  

Do hope he is back for another season next year - unless Gus and OK find someone even better. :ninja

Aye, at least now with near fully fit squad we have plenty of options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You find it too difficult holding back when you keep getting put in the sin bin - so you re-emerge, but the old bile keeps welling up and the hatred spews out to give you away again and again as you stalk those you hate the most. Will you ever get help - it cannot be much fun being you...
Only a matter of time before Div bins you with this alias too...
The main forum is far better without your imbecilic attempts at ALL the attention - better talking to yourself in the Sin bin and save the rest of us . . . but when did you ever do the right thing????   :bounce2:toilet


I’ve never been in the sin bin so your entire post is irrelevant...... just like you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul McGinn has excelled in a different position. Smith would have done a job this season, Dundee United who I'm sure have SP aspirations seem to rate him enough to give him a two year deal :rolleyes:


Paul McGinn is playing in the position that Smith would have played in!

And Dundee United’s aspirations are irrelevant!

You told us at the start of the season that the only reason a Premiership club hadn’t signed Smith is because it was the end of the transfer window and all their squad’s were finalised.

This time round, the transfer window hasn’t even opened!

Go on, admit that you were wrong....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He is a sad-oh attention seeker - best to ignore him, then he stalks everyone else who he blames for being ignored...:bounce2


Coming from the guy who keeps replying to my posts whilst thinking I’m someone else!

You’re one of life’s losers! A forum laughing stock!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Apparently has an injury that will keep him out for the rest of the season and has returned to Brighton.

 

Thanks Anders to your contribution to the Great Escape II. You will be missed.

A hugely skilful player, sadly totally lacking in any physicality.

As weak as diluted pish in a challenge,  just the type of player we don't need for these last three blood and snotters fixtures.

Could be a blessing in disguise if we replace him with a tough tackling midfielder. 

Onwards and upwards. 

Edited by Wilbur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Paul McGinn is playing in the position that Smith would have played in!

And Dundee United’s aspirations are irrelevant!

You told us at the start of the season that the only reason a Premiership club hadn’t signed Smith is because it was the end of the transfer window and all their squad’s were finalised.

This time round, the transfer window hasn’t even opened!

Go on, admit that you were wrong....

You're a stand up comedian!
That's hillarious!
Baz admit to being wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

 


Coming from the guy who keeps replying to my posts whilst thinking I’m someone else!

You’re one of life’s losers! A forum laughing stock! emoji23.png

 

I am not Shull. 

Gstretchuk is not Shull. 

You have been hunners of aliases but you are not Shull. 

Shull has an alias on the Main Forum but.. 

Super Bore Uncle Colm (sleeper07) hasn't a clue who it is. 

Uncle Colm is rattled. 

Uncle Colm has no clue. 

He is the Forum Fud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, shetland said:

I am not Shull. 

Gstretchuk is not Shull. 

Slightly puzzled.

If you're not shull, how do you know that Gstretch isn't shull ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, shetland said:

I am not Shull, but I know you're an old fanny.

Classy reply shull.

Emm, back to my question …………. as you are not shull, how do you know that Gstretch isn't shull ??

Deflection can't help you here. You gave yourself away ya pussy !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...