Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

9 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Easy fixtures really?

Dundee Utd are spending like a top 6 premiership side and hibs are a much bigger club than ourselves wouldn’t be an easy fixtures at anytime pretty much their full squad would walk into ours.

You said we couldn't pick a harder run of fixtures. If we are scared of playing Alloa, Dundee Utd and Hibs (look at their form) at home then we really are in trouble.

Anyway, manager isn't going anywhere. Time for some patience.

Nelson- nocked us back on budget for players . John Hughes nocked us back on budget for players.  Can fans not work out the manager has put a team together a team he believes in but needs time to get the system right. Now the TopCats want him out for another manager to lead a team of players who he did not sign. Where is the logic. Who is this wonderful manager.  If there is one thing I don't like about our club it is the unrealistic demands of the support who can't work out a simple plan for the future and budget. The board is too blame , The manager is to blame, the back room staff is too blame, The toilet roll is too blame, The weather is too blame. I'm at a loss but one thing I do know some of our support is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.  

5 hours ago, TopCat said:

This still only in the sin bin section? Bit weird.

The worst St Mirren manager of all time, according to the stats at least. I agree with them. What a disaster his tenure has been.

He’s took a bad situation and went and made it worse. He’s a nice guy by all accounts but he must be held to account for this disgrace.

I believe it’s half term. He could be back teaching PE by Wednesday, and I’m sure that would suit everyone just fine. I would be sure to remember my kit.

Tick f**king tock.

Tell us who the saviour is. Tell us who wants the job of a club that keeps sacking managers.  Serious question Topcat I'm all eyes and ears. Your the one who keeps asking for managers to be sacked who do you want appointed? 

I think the manager is way out his depth. His signings ( or Gus macphersons) aren't doing it for me. We've signed so many players who don t know Scottish football and for the most part they've been pretty uninspiring. We would be been better dipping into the championship and getting some grafters to get us out of where we are

It's kearneys  team now and the truth is we're stuck with them and him for rest season.

I have to say the whole club is a bit of a shambles at the moment

36 minutes ago, jimmy 1 said:

I think the manager is way out his depth. His signings ( or Gus macphersons) aren't doing it for me. We've signed so many players who don t know Scottish football and for the most part they've been pretty uninspiring. We would be been better dipping into the championship and getting some grafters to get us out of where we are

It's kearneys  team now and the truth is we're stuck with them and him for rest season.

jimmy1 what players aren't doing it? Hladky looks a decent goalkeeper, Popescu in my opinion is a very good centre half and what I've seen of Musek at left back I've been fairly impressed with. Just curious 

In willing to stick with him for now. The Coleraine fan’s comment perfectly sums up the full 7 years, from the difficult early days to the stunning final season. I’m not saying the same will happen here but improvement can be achieved.

His/Gus’ signings have been criticised, but at the same time people named Hladky, Popescu and Muzek as those who played well yesterday. Some thought the Duck played better, and at least he looks an improvement on Mullen and Cooke - probably better as he had a decent scoring record in Eng L1/L2. I know some have been unimpressed with Dreyer/Lyons but both have assisted a goal for us, something only Hammill seemed capable of pre-Jan.

It’s a Results business and they aren’t coming in right now. We’ve tried to get in what we can in a tough transfer window. If we can show improvement over the rest of the season, I’d be willing to let Oran build the Championship team if we go down. If we go down without a fight I’d be looking for someone else. 

6 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Nelson- nocked us back on budget for players . John Hughes nocked us back on budget for players.  Can fans not work out the manager has put a team together a team he believes in but needs time to get the system right. Now the TopCats want him out for another manager to lead a team of players who he did not sign. Where is the logic. Who is this wonderful manager.  If there is one thing I don't like about our club it is the unrealistic demands of the support who can't work out a simple plan for the future and budget. The board is too blame , The manager is to blame, the back room staff is too blame, The toilet roll is too blame, The weather is too blame. I'm at a loss but one thing I do know some of our support is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.  

And the irony of those managers knocking us back is if Neilson had been given the budget he wanted at tbe start of the season, we wouldnt be at tbe botyom of the league getting bossed by ten man sides from the league below.

and......

it would have worked out a lot cheaper than the hundreds of tnousands of pounds this board have pissed away on hiring and firing Stubbs, all the players they have had to pay off, wasted transfer fee, compo to hire Oran, then let him sign a whole new squad.

the guy has admitted he is here on a feckin career break from teaching. 

Maybe tnis hopelessly out of touch board now know, if you pay cheap, you pay double..!

I’m 100% behind Oran but for me he is not helping himself with team selections and I wonder who within our back room team is assisting here ........ yesterday against a United team that everyone knew would be up for it he picked two out of form guys in Tansey and Flynn and leaves our only real “out ball” in McAllister sitting on the bench. Also watched Dreyer put in, let’s say a poor performance to be kind, whilst a certain  Cammy Smith was dancing round our midfield and linking up well with the United front men.

Make you boak so it would !

Anyone who thinks the club can afford to, or should sack another entire management team is nothing short of mental. It's the root of all our problems and the only thing that might fix thing for the longer term is a period of stability. What would the upshot be, we will more likely than not be relegated anyway so why waste what little cash we would have paying off another management team when that can be used to build a squad next season. OK has as much chance of keeping us up as the next man. Top Cat clearly has no idea he just wants every manager sacked within months when it is this very policy that is holding us back.

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Told an Irish journalist this in an interview. Go look on smfc fans page on facebook. Please

I know that you said that someone said that an Irish journalist said on Facebook that Oran said that.

i remain to be convinced, however...

that isnae evidence, isnae proof...

This is exactly what we have to deal absolutely clueless fans.

The one player we signed that knows Scottish football and was decent before in the premiership has been the worst of the additions in tansey.

And how the hell do we go sign grafters from the championship in January where’s the money to go about buying players.

3 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

Kearney is on a career break from teaching -

IMG_3818.jpg

And this out-of-context quote says to me that OK’s aware that if managing Saints f**ks up, then he has a fallback position, not that he is doing it as a break from his real passion.

his passion is to be a successful St Mirren manager, not a teacher.  His current role is the aspirational one.

in the same way as John Coughlin was once a roofer and could, if management went wrong, turn his hand to that.

it’s certainly not a stick to beat him with. 

11 minutes ago, antrin said:

I know that you said that someone said that an Irish journalist said on Facebook that Oran said that.

i remain to be convinced, however...

that isnae evidence, isnae proof...

Sorry bud! I'm fresh out of f**ks to give.

but a kind fellow bud has quoted it above so you dont have to drag your lazy arse over to facebook and look for yourself.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry bud! I'm fresh out of f**ks to give.

but a kind fellow bud has quoted it above so you dont have to drag your lazy arse over to facebook and look for yourself.

I have minimal interest in trawling Facebook.  Sorry.

and I’ve dealt with that edited extract that the fellow bud dragged his lazy arse to “quote”, saving you the effort to misprove your point.

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

And this out-of-context quote says to me that OK’s aware that if managing Saints f**ks up, then he has a fallback position, not that he is doing it as a break from his real passion.

his passion is to be a successful St Mirren manager, not a teacher.  His current role is the aspirational one.

in the same way as John Coughlin was once a roofer and could, if management went wrong, turn his hand to that.

it’s certainly not a stick to beat him with. 

This is the picture i get in my minds eye of how you just read that direct quote!

IMG_1762.JPG

This is the picture i get in my minds eye of how you just read that direct quote!

IMG_1762.thumb.JPG.03e1fc41921a337396f14e59615ff62a.JPG

IMG_6498.jpg

This is the picture that comes to me when you read that quote.

How dare someone have a back up plan to take care of there family shocking and not like a sad act like you to try get people to believe Oran is more interested in going back to teaching after a year and not to put his full focus on becoming a successful manager then get a gig in one of the top leagues to completely change his families life for the better.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Anyone who thinks the club can afford to, or should sack another entire management team is nothing short of mental. It's the root of all our problems and the only thing that might fix thing for the longer term is a period of stability. What would the upshot be, we will more likely than not be relegated anyway so why waste what little cash we would have paying off another management team when that can be used to build a squad next season. OK has as much chance of keeping us up as the next man. Top Cat clearly has no idea he just wants every manager sacked within months when it is this very policy that is holding us back.

I don't think any sensible person is suggesting that we sack the whole management team. That's never going to happen at this stage.

The answer is to replace Kearney with MacPherson and keep everything else the same. It's MacPhersons team anyway so there won't be the argument of it not being his team levelled against him.

We're only 3 points from safety. 1 game. All is not lost. I definitely think we will roll the dice again at some point between now and the end of the season if results don't improve.