Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

On 2/9/2019 at 8:58 PM, TopCat said:

This still only in the sin bin section? Bit weird.

The worst St Mirren manager of all time, according to the stats at least. I agree with them. What a disaster his tenure has been.

He’s took a bad situation and went and made it worse. He’s a nice guy by all accounts but he must be held to account for this disgrace.

I believe it’s half term. He could be back teaching PE by Wednesday, and I’m sure that would suit everyone just fine. I would be sure to remember my kit.

Tick f**king tock.

Still waiting for a answer.

Who is going to take the managers with a club who never give managers time ?

9 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Still waiting for a answer.

Who is going to take the managers with a club who never give managers time ?

Answer.. Only a desperate man or woman.  What about the Scotland Women's Team Coach?

We could make history by appointing the first woman manager in the SPFL. 

But.... I don't think OK will be going anywhere,  anytime soon unless he makes the decision to go. 

Edited by St.Ricky

23 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

So someone enlighten me, what has OK shown you?

Ok has shown the following

1. he brought in better players to stabilise Stubbs Sh~it job

2. He cleared out much of aforesaid sh~it and brought in players better (GK is a great find, Popescu looks assured, Muzek looked decent, Mcallister, Lyons...) than what was there.

3. He sorted longer contracts for our better younger players as well as Ferdinand and Baird (who is a decent player).

4. He now that he has some players coming back from injury and more options has been unafraid to change the team around when required to try and fix issues. Hopefully the issues become less as the players get to know each other and he works out how best to use everyone.

Comparing him to Stubbs he is head and shoulders above him based on the points above so that is what he has shown me

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Answer.. Only a desperate man or woman.  What about the Scotland Women's Team Coach. 

We could make history by appointing the first woman manager in the SPFL. 

But.... I don't think OK will be going anywhere,  anytime soon unless he makes the decision to go. 

It's what the blind can't get into their heads. Oran will not be sacked even if we go down Gordon Scott.

8 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Ok has shown the following

1. he brought in better players to stabilise Stubbs Sh~it job

2. He cleared out much of aforesaid sh~it and brought in players better (GK is a great find, Popescu looks assured, Muzek looked decent, Mcallister, Lyons...) than what was there.

3. He sorted longer contracts for our better younger players as well as Ferdinand and Baird (who is a decent player).

4. He now that he has some players coming back from injury and more options has been unafraid to change the team around when required to try and fix issues. Hopefully the issues become less as the players get to know each other and he works out how best to use everyone.

Comparing him to Stubbs he is head and shoulders above him based on the points above so that is what he has shown me

What both OK and Stubbs have shown me is that our BOD havent a clue on appointing managers

He probably won’t be sacked but life in the championship is grim and crowds will plummet if we struggle. I hope we aren’t playing to 2000 fans come next October and struggling to beat Arbroath. Remember last time was brutal and players like Gallagher and Agnew were supposed to help us . That said our former chairman had budgeted for a 5th place finish which we failed to achieve. Go down and everything gets cut and the football can be dire . We should do absolutely everything to stay up but when u can’t compete with Hamilton Accies you know you’ve had it

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:09 AM, doonhamer said:

Maybe, just maybe, the manager who replaces Kearney will be a better man manager.  Maybe the new manager will build his players up before an important cup tie instead of declaring them to be underdogs. 

William Hill thought we were underdogs too. Just sayin...

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

That will come on Saturday if we lose by four, or more. Or after the Hearts game if that is a loss too. Especially if Hamilton & Dundee pick another point each or three by then.

You want Goodwin Yet Goodwin has already said he is not interspersed. Who in their right mind wants to come to a club that keeps sacking managers over the past few years. 

I would be pretty stunned if Oran was sacked.

On form, there's a chance of two difficult defeats at Aberdeen and Hearts and it is possible that we could be cut adrift by then. I still don't expect us to sack Oran. Worst comes to the worst we go down.

We've spent much of the last 30 years down there. If it happens again it'll be fine. Panicking and splashing yet more cash right now when we can spend it on players in the summer would be totally f**king stupid.

33 minutes ago, pandabreath93 said:

Remember when everyone was complaining that Danny Lennon only got us to 8th in the league...... good times!

No not really. Those seasons were turgid boring pish. Given that top 6 is just total pie in the sky at the moment, then give me a good old fashioned relegation battle every time.

In fact, I'd take relegation and competitive football in the championship over seasons of negative, mind numbing mid table mediocrity in the Premiership.  

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

On form, there's a chance of two difficult defeats at Aberdeen and Hearts and it is possible that we could be cut adrift by then. I still don't expect us to sack Oran. Worst comes to the worst we go down.

We've spent much of the last 30 years down there. If it happens again it'll be fine. Panicking and splashing yet more cash right now when we can spend it on players in the summer would be totally f**king stupid.

Completely agree.

When we went down to the Championship last time, the club was a complete basket case. The owners wanted out and had done so for several years. We'd only been comfortably safe from relegation a few times under Gus/Danny, yet had become complacent when it came to understanding what it took to get back out of that league.

If we go down this time, as a club we still have the memory of what it takes to get out of the Championship. We can do it again.

2 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Completely agree.

When we went down to the Championship last time, the club was a complete basket case. The owners wanted out and had done so for several years. We'd only been comfortably safe from relegation a few times under Gus/Danny, yet had become complacent when it came to understanding what it took to get back out of that league.

If we go down this time, as a club we still have the memory of what it takes to get out of the Championship. We can do it again.

And would be well placed to do so financially with prize money from the top league. 

22 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You want Goodwin Yet Goodwin has already said he is not interspersed. Who in their right mind wants to come to a club that keeps sacking managers over the past few years. 

Correction Goody shied away previously on the back of Ross winning promotion, that was always a hospital pass unless any potential manager could have persuaded the board to give them the budget to meet their aspirations.

Would Goody be 'interspersed' with Oran walking, and basically a free hit of 'if you can rescue us and keep us up great, if not your here for the championship ' you bet he would! In fact our board having taken the cheap option of Oran on a career break would probably be estatic if Goody wanted to stay part time!

1 minute ago, stubbs2018 said:

Being a sacked manager on a regular basis is a great career move. Lots of pay offs. 

And who better to come to than Saints? 

Are we going for the Guinness Book of Records. 

Most managers in a year. 

JR.. AS. OK.. Some have GM and then JG between now and the end of the season. 

Wow. 

54 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Exactly.

Kearney will be here for the season, end of story.

You should stick to posting about on-field matters really!