shull

Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Out with the old Chancellor with a shady past in HedgeFunding - in with the new.....

Two questions

1.  If the company had to pay an £8M fine then surely it's evasion not avoidance?
  2.  Surely it's a party matter and should be answered by a party spokesman not a treasury source?

It's tax evasion for me.

Use of a legitimate tax avoidance scheme for illegitimate purposes is evasion.

4 hours ago, theknickerwetter said:

There is little more soul destroying than to see someone who has benefitted from her parents coming to the UK and her wishing to close the door to other similar people. 

On 2/29/2020 at 10:26 AM, TPAFKATS said:

All going to plan for Cummings?

I doubt whether Dom & BoJo would've wanted Chancellor Rishi "Kerching" Sunak (with his shady connections to Tax Evasion) to present us with the Keynesian themed Budget he did yesterday.

As another Old Etonian former PM Harold McMillan is often misquoted as saying "Events. dear boy, Events"!! :lol:

Edited by Bud the Baker

Not just a bridge but a combi bridge/tunnel!

No 10 set to announce feasibility study into bridge linking Scotland to Northern Ireland, says minister

Alister Jack, the Scottish secretary, told BBC Radio Scotland this morning that Boris Johnson would soon announce a feasibility study into plans for a bridge linking Scotland to Northern Ireland. In an interview this morning, asked why there was no money for the plan in the budget, he replied: “Watch this space.” He went on:

The prime minister I expect will announce a feasibility study into the link to Northern Ireland. I hope the Scottish government will back it.

Johnson has a fondness for extravagant infrastructure schemes and he has repeatedly expressed interest in a bridge linking Scotland and Northern Ireland, despite experts dismissing the idea as impractical. Jack has suggested that the scheme could involve a combination of tunnel and bridge.

With a pandemic & Brexit combining to push us towards a super-recession perhaps the Tories should follow Nicola Sturgeon's lead (see below) and concentrate on the day-job!

Nicola Sturgeon, Scotland’s first minister, has told the Scottish parliament that she is minded to recommend the cancellation of events involving crowds or more than 500 people from next week, the BBC’s Glenn Campbell reports.