shull

Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

3 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

What info?

We watched a very weak man not having the balls to sack his master

Your insight that Labour are back in the game.........................Piers Morgan sacked, are you just making stuff up or where do you get your ideas from? :lol:

And another spineless bastard pops his head up ………..

"Scottish Tory leader Jackson Carlaw broke his silence on the Dominic Cummings row in a prepared statement which praised the Prime Minister and offered no personal view. Carlaw had been posted missing over the weekend before the Prime Minister finally confirmed he would keep his Brexiteer ally. Carlaw’s silence was in stark contrast to his outrage at the Scottish Government’s chief medical officer Dr Catherine Calderwood, who lost her job after twice visiting a holiday home against the guidance. At the time, Carlaw said: “There cannot be one rule for bosses and another for everyone else.”

His silence on the Downing Street aide was also at odds with a number of angry Tory MPs in England who publicly called for Cummings to go - or threw their support behind him. In a statement issued by the Scottish Conservative party after Johnson swung his support behind Cummings, Carlaw commented: “I’ve heard what the Prime Minister has said and it is a situation for him to judge.  He has reached a conclusion and we must all now focus on continuing to beat this dreadful pandemic. I want the Prime Minister to be able to continue his excellent work leading the country out of lockdown and I am glad he set out his plans clearly today."

Phud !!!

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

"Scottish Tory leader Jackson Carlaw broke his silence on the Dominic Cummings row in a prepared statement which praised the Prime Minister and offered no personal view. Carlaw had been posted missing over the weekend before the Prime Minister finally confirmed he would keep his Brexiteer ally. Carlaw’s silence was in stark contrast to his outrage at the Scottish Government’s chief medical officer Dr Catherine Calderwood, who lost her job after twice visiting a holiday home against the guidance. At the time, Carlaw said: “There cannot be one rule for bosses and another for everyone else.”

His silence on the Downing Street aide was also at odds with a number of angry Tory MPs in England who publicly called for Cummings to go - or threw their support behind him. In a statement issued by the Scottish Conservative party after Johnson swung his support behind Cummings, Carlaw commented: “I’ve heard what the Prime Minister has said and it is a situation for him to judge.  He has reached a conclusion and we must all now focus on continuing to beat this dreadful pandemic. I want the Prime Minister to be able to continue his excellent work leading the country out of lockdown and I am glad he set out his plans clearly today."

Phud !!!

If you can't see any difference between the Calderwood incident and this that about sums you up, dimwit. :1eye

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Phud !!!

It's getting more and more like Trump's tenure every day.

And we laugh at the Americans accepting Trump's outright lies and deceptions.

Just now, faraway saint said:

If you can't see any difference between the Calderwood incident and this that about sums you up, dimwit. :1eye

He broke the rules. Quite simple.

According to Carlaw, "There cannot be one set of rules for bosses and another for everyone else".

It's about the one thing that he's said that's correct. Funny how his moral outrage has deserted him when it's one of his own breaking the rules.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

He broke the rules. Quite simple.

According to Carlaw, "There cannot be one set of rules for bosses and another for everyone else".

It's about the one thing that he's said that's correct. Funny how his moral outrage has deserted him when it's one of his own breaking the rules.

Sorry, I don't see it as anywhere as quite simple, that's over simplifying this for other reasons.

I've already stated I see this as a 50/50 decision taking into account everything that is known, not what is hoped for. 

Again, for the umpteenth time, I have no political bias in this, just view on the facts. 

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Sorry, I don't see it as anywhere as quite simple, that's over simplifying this for other reasons.

I've already stated I see this as a 50/50 decision taking into account everything that is known, not what is hoped for. 

Again, for the umpteenth time, I have no political bias in this, just view on the facts. 

My mate and his wife who stay in London, both had Covid. He said it was like a really bad hangover and that they were exhausted for two weeks. They have two young kids. They managed to cope without f**king off to Liverpool or Stockholm, to get their parents to help out.

Surely the most powerful man in the UK could have sorted something out and stayed at home, with the vast resources that he has at his fingertips.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

My mate and his wife who stay in London, both had Covid. He said it was like a really bad hangover and that they were exhausted for two weeks. They have two young kids. They managed to cope without f**king off to Liverpool or Stockholm, to get their parents to help out.

Surely the most powerful man in the UK could have sorted something out and stayed at home, with the vast resources that he has at his fingertips.

If they had would you have blamed them?

I've already mentioned that I agree there would have been options/resources for Cummings but the family option would have been my choice.

I'm honestly split on this.

The simple reaction is the guidelines were broken but with the involvement of illness and a child it's not, IMO, straightforward.

I also understand how perception is and from that point of view he's put the government in a position they really don't need.

Oh, if I hear one more fud on the TV saying the great British public have made sacrifices I'll weep.

There's been 3 or 4 households in my very small street who have had family members and friends in and out of their houses since the lockdown was in place.

Quite liked this comment in the Guardian about Johnson :-

"Johnson’s press conference was a disgrace. A rambling, illogical, non-sequitur-ridden car crash. Shutting down questions; doubling down on the indefensible. And not just doubling down. A shabby exercise in gaslighting. An act of flagrant disregard becomes one of “responsibility”; an act of selfishness compounded by dishonesty becomes an act of “integrity”. Up is down, war is peace, freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

And why? It’s not just to save a malevolent, toxic, little bully. It is because it is what this shower do ….. with a middle finger firmly extended to the nation."

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Not to mention the sister in law and brother in law who both stay in London. The latter TWO streets away.

48 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

FFS shull, do you go out your way to find racist posts?

Absolutely no racism whatsoever. 

You're a dick. 

There was no justification for TheDom's decision to travel to his parents estate when his wife developed Covid symptoms, that he didn't acknowledge where he was staying in his Spectator article about being ill with Covid confirms this. He must be thanking himself that his hastily drawn up lockdown legislation has more holes than Swiss cheese providing him with a "false excuse" (Professor Susan Michie of the Covid-19 Behavioural Science Advisory Group on BBC TV news) for flouting the regulations.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Not to mention the sister in law and brother in law who both stay in London. The latter TWO streets away.
His wife only had mild symptoms according to her own articles in the spectator.

Imagine using your child in order to try and defend yourself.

Another excuse being trotted out is that his uncle died.

Shameless stuff. I'd have some respect if he just said I went to see my mum on her birthday GIRFUY!

Absolutely no racism whatsoever. 
You're a dick. 
Yeah, who cares about anyone that's not white getting raped.

I really hope there's nobody other than you and her that think that. More I think about it, it's sickening that there's even one who thinks that's acceptable.

25 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I really hope there's nobody other than you and her that think that. More I think about it, it's sickening that there's even one who thinks that's acceptable.

You're making the cardinal mistake of using the word think with respect to Shurly's processes.

Edited by stlucifer

28 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Prove racism, ye weirdo.