Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
bigles

Who should we be looking to sign?

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Yep, but we could have broken our transfer record without a care in the world. emoji4.png

Would it have been tax deductible? RESULT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Not bothered - after last season I trust OK/GM and am looking forward to the new one and finishing 9/10th.

Is that at the top. :whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Happy to have the squad that played post split , minus Jackson , Nazon , Ferdinand , Corbu and Hodgson . Who would have all been on very good wages , which  gives us a right good budget for bring in four or five right good players .

Plus our wages budget is about £5 - 600,000 better off this coming season...

Expect more than 4 or 5 better players coming in and a few more of last seasons post split team to go elsewhere too...  :ninja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Plus our wages budget is about £5 - 600,000 better off this coming season...

Expect more than 4 or 5 better players coming in and a few more of last seasons post split team to go elsewhere too...  :ninja

That will do nicely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Plus our wages budget is about £5 - 600,000 better off this coming season...

Expect more than 4 or 5 better players coming in and a few more of last seasons post split team to go elsewhere too...  :ninja

Interesting times ahead then?  Need to get a move on we are back playing soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Plus our wages budget is about £5 - 600,000 better off this coming season...

Expect more than 4 or 5 better players coming in and a few more of last seasons post split team to go elsewhere too...  :ninja

I’d say £500-600k is pretty wild speculation. That’s a pretty significant jump as to where it is now.

Has that been confirmed somewhere? Get the increase in tv, etc, but don’t expect the wage budget to move anywhere near that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, aldo_j said:

I’d say £500-600k is pretty wild speculation. That’s a pretty significant jump as to where it is now.

Has that been confirmed somewhere? Get the increase in tv, etc, but don’t expect the wage budget to move anywhere near that.

Okay, it is speculation based on where we finished this year and being awarded over £1.25 Million compared with winning the Championship previous season and having about £0.5 million in prize money and much greater crowds than had been budgeted for this past season.

Yes it won't all go on the playing staff, but I suspect that more money will be budgeted in for this season on crowd income than the very conservative estimates used in last season's budget estimates.

I would still be surprised if Hladky starts the season with us too - rubbish if he goes, but if that adds in a sizeable sum it will hopefully be more than a consolation too.    :ninja 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ethan said:

Interesting times ahead then?  Need to get a move on we are back playing soon. 

We are always anxious and being quick off the mark would ease that if we were bringing in top new players.

Reality is many players and agents hold the cards at this stage.

So much as I would love our signings to be already confirmed, I am also willing to wait, hoping that we get the right ones, and that they are keen to come to us too. (Hare and the Tortoise we hope)   :ninja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Okay, it is speculation based on where we finished this year and being awarded over £1.25 Million compared with winning the Championship previous season and having about £0.5 million in prize money and much greater crowds than had been budgeted for this past season.

Yes it won't all go on the playing staff, but I suspect that more money will be budgeted in for this season on crowd income than the very conservative estimates used in last season's budget estimates.

I would still be surprised if Hladky starts the season with us too - rubbish if he goes, but if that adds in a sizeable sum it will hopefully be more than a consolation too.    :ninja 

If we can cash in on Hladky then it would be a good bit of business. I would prefer him to stay but the more cash brought in then the better players we can go after. We have to look at how well Kilmarnock have done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ethan said:

If we can cash in on Hladky then it would be a good bit of business. I would prefer him to stay but the more cash brought in then the better players we can go after. We have to look at how well Kilmarnock have done. 

About sums us up. We are someone else's better fortune. :(   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Okay, it is speculation based on where we finished this year and being awarded over £1.25 Million compared with winning the Championship previous season and having about £0.5 million in prize money and much greater crowds than had been budgeted for this past season.

Yes it won't all go on the playing staff, but I suspect that more money will be budgeted in for this season on crowd income than the very conservative estimates used in last season's budget estimates.

I would still be surprised if Hladky starts the season with us too - rubbish if he goes, but if that adds in a sizeable sum it will hopefully be more than a consolation too.    :ninja 

I just have a gut feel that our wage to turnover ratio was higher than it should have been last year given the payoffs and the cost of bringing someone like Hamill in for the short term. 

I’d be surprised if our wage budget jumps anymore than £100k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

I just have a gut feel that our wage to turnover ratio was higher than it should have been last year given the payoffs and the cost of bringing someone like Hamill in for the short term. 

I’d be surprised if our wage budget jumps anymore than £100k.

Will there not be any other new income also? (e.g. John McGinn money)

Add to this the fact that the following season the new deal kicks in and pays out a lot more... we won't be penny pinching hoping to survive. We will be up and away from the relegation struggles this coming season. (Albeit probably 9th, but possibly 6-8th). That means speculating a bit more than last season - In Oran, Gus and the BOD we trust . . . :magic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Thinking further ahead, in seasons to come will we be due anything from the sell on fees for Kpekawa & King ? emoji23.png

I feckin' hope not. We'd owe a fortune!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will there not be any other new income also? (e.g. John McGinn money)
Add to this the fact that the following season the new deal kicks in and pays out a lot more... we won't be penny pinching hoping to survive. We will be up and away from the relegation struggles this coming season. (Albeit probably 9th, but possibly 6-8th). That means speculating a bit more than last season - In Oran, Gus and the BOD we trust . . . :magic
We may have already spent some of the "extra" money digging ourselves out of last season's hole?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...