Jump to content

Coronavirus


faraway saint
 Share

Recommended Posts


41 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

 

 


The Digby Brown of COVID.

 

 

I've edited this as 2 of the people who have been effected by this have asked me to keep things private and under the radar for now. 

I mentioned earlier in this thread that approx 80% of care homes have remained Covid fee, it's not impossible by any means. 

Edited by faraway saint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

You can easily ask your own family to find out the answer to that one.

That’s if you’re allowed out your padded cell that it. :1eye

Almost tragically, yet somehow still unintentionally hilariously, he rounds off another incoherent playground insult with the idiot emoji.

right back at ya! As they say.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

eating the poor @Bud the Baker

We've been through this one before Cap'n sadly the chances of emerging from the Covid tunnel into a more equal society both at home and internationally seem to have disappeared.

You're not telling me anything I haven't known for forty-odd years...

Not that it'll matter much when we get the Gates Microbots Injection - mmmmmm MS-DOS Version 1.1 no need to upgrade ever again...

*******************

Speaking of the vaccination program, what should have been a triumph is fast sliding in trouble as countries fight for their share of the doses, and despite being given considerable help in development the drugs cartels priority doesn't seem to be to produce as many doses as quickly as possible.

Edited by Bud the Baker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The “surge” in deaths in care homes isn’t really being reflected in excess deaths.

Latest excess deaths in care homes from the ONS shown below.

Strange though, that the slight increase in excess deaths in care homes has coincided with the vaccine roll out.....

Although, I suspect the real reason for the increase has been down to the NHS throwing elderly folk out of hospital again and back into care homes.

The rich keep getting richer while the poor, the elderly and the vulnerable keep getting eaten @Bud the Baker

26DFC2AF-40F0-49FD-8254-F921E4B96B0E.jpeg

Edited by Sue Denim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

The rich keep getting richer while the poor, the elderly and the vulnerable keep getting eaten @Bud the Baker

 

Yup and the latest example of this, the squabble over vaccine supply just proves this - nobody's gonna be safe from the "virus" until everyone gets their dose of Microsoft LoveBots and if BigPharma who were given plenty nuff money & assistance to develop said vaccines can't deliver the quantities they promised when they promised then their patents should be null&voided and production contracts should be given to those who will - after all the market is never wrong. :rolleyes: 

Personally I think even the hint of this would see the situation solved...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Looking at NRS stats today

6,984 excess deaths in Scotland last year (Excess deaths being @Bud the Baker’s favourite statistic)

5,011 non covid excess deaths in private homes last year.

So over 70% of excess deaths were non covid deaths in private homes

Their death, @Bud the Baker’s virtue

 

I don't think I've ever used excess deaths as a reliable indicator of the impact of the virus - do you ever get anything right Cap'n?

The statistic I presume you're referring to, the one that I frequently quoted on here as the correct number of deaths, a view endorsed by GPs, the ONS and scientists like Prof Gabriel Scally, President of Epidemiology and Public Health at the Royal Society of Medicine is the number of death certificates where Covid is listed as the cause of death - after all what reason do any of them have to lie?

If you're looking at who's really virtue signalling you should start by getting a mirror.

Edited by Bud the Baker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I don't think I've ever used excess deaths as a reliable indicator of the impact of the virus - do you ever get anything right Cap'n?

The statistic I presume you're referring to, the one that I frequently quoted on here as the correct number of deaths, a view endorsed by GPs, the ONS and scientists like Prof Gabriel Scally, President of Epidemiology and Public Health at the Royal Society of Medicine is the number of death certificates where Covid is listed as the cause - after all what reason do any of them have to lie?

If you're looking at who's really virtue signalling you should start by getting a mirror.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Annual deaths and mortality rates, 1938 to 2020 published by the ONS, link provided below.

Over the last 79 years, 2020 has the 12th *lowest* mortality rate.
 

And this is an epidemic? 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/adhocs/12735annualdeathsandmortalityrates1938to2020provisional

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mortality in England & Wales in 2020 in perspective since 1942.

The excess deaths ( @Bud the Baker’s favourite statistic) we keep hearing about are based on the average over the previous 5 years. Those 5 years are the lowest on record with 2019 being the lowest.

Taking a longer term view of mortality puts 2020 into perspective.

And for this, hundreds of thousands in the U.K. will die prematurely and millions will lose their livelihoods.

 

EA3D6E0B-BC49-4F2B-80BA-031D06A26739.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sue Denim said:

The excess deaths ( @Bud the Baker’s favourite statistic) we keep hearing about are based on the average over the previous 5 years. Those 5 years are the lowest on record with 2019 being the lowest.

I don't know why you continue with this incorrect fetish Cap'n but I've never quoted excess deaths over the course of the last 100 years or so as being relevant to the current pandemic, you're obviously mixing me up with someone else - of course if you can prove evidence to the contrary I'll be happy to acknowledge it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

been trying to avoid this thread as no matter what you say the afflicted will never agree.

From the link posted the UK has shown a steady decline in mortality rates due to improving treatments for every disease from TB to Cancer as Medical advances happen which is a tribute to the scientists and doctors here and abroad.

There is an anomalous year however see if you can spot it from the figures provided in the link which make it clearer than the pretty graph although it shows it too (excuse the formatting). Yes thats right this year and anyone who says yes but in 1918 we had even more deaths so it proves its not unusual you really are smoking something strong. Guess what happened in 1918........Flu pandemic!!!

 

Doctors and nurses in every hospital in the UK are fighting to save peoples lives and doing it very successfully however sadly many poor souls have died but please continue to deny that current events are not happening and if you happen to get Covid please refuse treatment it will save those medics and remove you from the gene pool, Darwinism at its best.

Year Number of deaths Population (Thousands) Crude mortaity rate (per 100,000 population) Age-standardised mortality rate (per 100,000 population)
2020 608,002 59,829 1,016.2 1,043.5
2019 530,841 59,440 893.1 925.0
2018 541,589 59,116 916.1 965.4
2017 533,253 58,745 907.7 965.3
2016 525,048 58,381 899.3 966.9
2015 529,655 57,885 915.0 993.2
2014 501,424 57,409 873.4 953.0
2013 506,790 56,948 889.9 985.9
2012 499,331 56,568 882.7 987.4
2011              484,367                         56,171 862.3 978.6
2010 493,242 55,692 885.7 1,017.1
2009 491,348 55,235 889.6 1,033.8
2008 509,090 54,842 928.3 1,091.9
2007 504,052 54,387 926.8 1,091.8
2006 502,599 53,951 931.6 1,104.3
2005 512,993 53,575 957.5 1,143.8
2004 514,250 53,152 967.5 1,163.0
2003 539,151 52,863 1,019.9 1,232.1
2002 535,356 52,602 1,017.7 1,231.3
2001 532,498 52,360 1,017.0 1,236.2
2000 537,877 52,140 1,031.6 1,266.4

 

Edited by Swiss_Saint
spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Mortality in England & Wales in 2020 in perspective since 1942.

The excess deaths ( @Bud the Baker’s favourite statistic) we keep hearing about are based on the average over the previous 5 years. Those 5 years are the lowest on record with 2019 being the lowest.

Taking a longer term view of mortality puts 2020 into perspective.

And for this, hundreds of thousands in the U.K. will die prematurely and millions will lose their livelihoods.

 

EA3D6E0B-BC49-4F2B-80BA-031D06A26739.jpeg

Yo can't be serious with this graphic, surely? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Report from the ONS on all cause mortality in 2020


Incredibly, in a year in which cancer screening was cancelled for 3.2 million people in the 6 months up to September 2020, and surgery for 94,912 patients was postponed or cancelled, deaths from lung and throat cancer were down 1,537 from the 5-year average of 28,108 deaths.

Just as incredibly, although the British Heart Foundation reported that, between March and September 2020, deaths at home from heart disease were up 25.9 per cent in England due to lockdown restrictions, deaths from heart disease in 2020 were 1,450 below the 5-year average of 53,429 deaths.

More incredibly, deaths from chronic lower respiratory diseases were down by 2,764 from the 5-year average of 29,681, a 9 per cent reduction.

And even more incredibly, deaths from cerebrovascular diseases, which cause strokes, aneurysms and haemorrhages, were down by 2,263 deaths from the 5-year average of 29,943, a fall of 13.2 per cent.

I use the word ‘incredible’ in its proper sense to describe these figures, which are not credible as accurate records of the effects of withdrawing and reducing healthcare to nearly 60 million people for 10 months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yup and the latest example of this, the squabble over vaccine supply just proves this - nobody's gonna be safe from the "virus" until everyone gets their dose of Microsoft LoveBots and if BigPharma who were given plenty nuff money & assistance to develop said vaccines can't deliver the quantities they promised when they promised then their patents should be null&voided and production contracts should be given to those who will - after all the market is never wrong. :rolleyes: 

Personally I think even the hint of this would see the situation solved...

Yup, it's all getting nasty now with the EU invoking Article 16 over the Vaccine distribution problems, although moving off-topic one news item did cause me to chuckle - ex-PM David Cameron's wife complaining about how Brexit had affected her business.

Post-Brexit trading 'difficult' for my business - Samantha Cameron - BBC News

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yup, it's all getting nasty now with the EU invoking Article 16 over the Vaccine distribution problems, although moving off-topic one news item did cause me to chuckle - ex-PM David Cameron's wife complaining about how Brexit had affected her business.

Post-Brexit trading 'difficult' for my business - Samantha Cameron - BBC News

Nothing to see here, another minor issue that will have little/no effect.

Only something for the desperate to chew on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Nothing to see here, another minor issue that will have little/no effect.

Only something for the desperate to chew on. 

Well I hope your right, the vaccination program is just about the one thing the government's got correct during the pandemic, I would hate to see it derailed even a little.

Just to make it clear while I think the UK government is on the right side of this issue, a touch of generosity may pay better dividends in the long run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well I hope your right, the vaccination program is just about the one thing the government's got correct during the pandemic, I would hate to see it derailed even a little.

Just to make it clear while I think the UK government is on the right side of this issue, a touch of generosity may pay better dividends in the long run.

I'm always right, don't you  remember? :wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yup, it's all getting nasty now with the EU invoking Article 16 over the Vaccine distribution problems, although moving off-topic one news item did cause me to chuckle - ex-PM David Cameron's wife complaining about how Brexit had affected her business.
Post-Brexit trading 'difficult' for my business - Samantha Cameron - BBC News
They've changed their mind now.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

...although moving off-topic one news item did cause me to chuckle - ex-PM David Cameron's wife complaining about how Brexit had affected her business.

Post-Brexit trading 'difficult' for my business - Samantha Cameron - BBC News

A few years ago David Cameron complained to the Director of Tory-run Oxfordshire council complaining about the poor level of services only to receive a reply blasting him for cuts imposed by his party at a national level.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/11/cameron-hypocrisy-cuts-letter-oxfordshire-council

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...