3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Giving anything that isn't certain would bite her in the arse.

You only have to look at the screaming that's going on today because a plane didn't leave from Turkey with protective gowns.

It would be foolish to give anything at this uncertain stage.

I know she is in a difficult position but ffs say we will review it weekly etc. I haven’t seen my two children for 4 weeks due to this and struggling with whole thing like millions of others. I’m a frontline worker and can go work with hundreds of people but can’t see my own kids. Have a family member seriously ill in RAH with virus but can’t visit yet Ross Kemp can wander about with a film crew inside hospital. Ffs gimme some hope, all I see is negativity...

3 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

I know she is in a difficult position but ffs say we will review it weekly etc. I haven’t seen my two children for 4 weeks due to this and struggling with whole thing like millions of others. I’m a frontline worker and can go work with hundreds of people but can’t see my own kids. Have a family member seriously ill in RAH with virus but can’t visit yet Ross Kemp can wander about with a film crew inside hospital. Ffs gimme some hope, all I see is negativity...

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Burds eh?

This could lead to me cancelling my £25 standing order!!

On a serious note, it seems like a bit of an unnecessary statement at the moment. I’d be keeping statements like that for a time when we’re even remotely talking about football coming back. 

I agree. I have no idea why she raised it at all at this point.

11 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Why are you waiting on others to provide your positivity?

Millions are in the same boat as you?

I'm not sure the relevance of that bit in bold.

Nicola said what she did as there was a lot of media coverage in Engerland that the lockdown restrictions would be lifting soon. Would be stupid to agree when there is little chance of it happening at the moment.

1 hour ago, Leatherface said:

image.jpeg.45d37e8d05976cf01aae5bb838111a43.jpeg

1 hour ago, Leatherface said:

I’d have thought that if you are exposed to “hundreds” of people at your work, that would put you at a higher risk of contracting Covid and therefore make you even more inclined to protect your kids by keeping away from them. 

The plan for next season that I would really like to see is Kibble’s

thunking they had bought a share of a football club they could well have just bought a liability 

has the sale of the shares gone through yet?  If not, how likely is it that it will be completed?

or if they are committed and saints are one of a slew of clubs to go under, how will they act?

26 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’d have thought that if you are exposed to “hundreds” of people at your work, that would put you at a higher risk of contracting Covid and therefore make you even more inclined to protect your kids by keeping away from them. 

Ffs I do keep away from them, what I want to know is when I can fecking see them. Gimme some-kind of hope, not negative pish I’m sick of hearing about. 

6 hours ago, munoz said:

So youve got the Hamilton chairman Gray in favour of a long term expansion and Budge looking for temporary change. 

Tbh, I cant see any proposal getting the green light. 

Budge will take long-term expansion over relegation. There's room for compromise. Personally, I'm in favour of a 14 team league with a 6/8 split.

Budge will take long-term expansion over relegation. There's room for compromise. Personally, I'm in favour of a 14 team league with a 6/8 split.
When did she say that? At the weekend she only stated that she wanted a short-term fix (BBC radio and on-line article). Les Gray confirmed her position on Sunday. If her position has changed what is the source?

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:
39 minutes ago, W6er said:

When did she say that? At the weekend she only stated that she wanted a short-term fix (BBC radio and on-line article). Les Gray confirmed her position on Sunday. If her position has changed what is the source?

I read W6er’s post as meaning her position will change if the only options on the table are permanent change or relegation, rather than that her position has changed. 

18 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I read W6er’s post as meaning her position will change if the only options on the table are permanent change or relegation, rather than that her position has changed. 

Exactly. Relegation, coupled with the loss of revenue arising from the premature end to the season, will force her hand. If offered permanent expansion I cannot see her saying "no thank you, we'd rather be relegated." If it's clear to her that  temporary expansion is unlikely to succeed, then she'll go with permanent expansion. I don't see any alternatives.

Guest TPAFKATS
Burds eh?
This could lead to me cancelling my £25 standing order!!
On a serious note, it seems like a bit of an unnecessary statement at the moment. I’d be keeping statements like that for a time when we’re even remotely talking about football coming back. 
She was asked about it during her daily update. It wasn't a statement.

13 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Fan owned club consulting their fans.
Smisa would be one way for us to do similar. Club could also contact those season ticket holders who have given email addresses.

We are not fan owned at this moment so no reason to consult Smisa or season ticket holders.

The Board of Directors are appointed to make decisions.

Why the rush to get a decision since IMO there will be no football played for a long time.

Ann Budge just want's to get her way while the "iron is hot".

13 hours ago, DougJamie said:

This is the woman who said 42 clubs was double what was required.

I think we need to forget the motivation here and look at the opportunity. The Premiership is too small and we need a wider base. How long have we been discussing this.

Open it up, IMHO to 16 , trial it, and hopefully when and if we get back to some sort of normality, we can then gauge if it is better.

We cant keep this 2 club mentality, its killing our game, stopping development of home grown players …..

Cant stand the woman, but I do hope we see change...…….. 

What are the benefits of expanding the league?

I don't get why people think this is going to make anything better. The best seasons I've had supporting St Mirren have been the 3 seasons I've seen us win the first division. Nothing else comes close (not even the league cup season). Fewer bigger leagues means fans have fewer opportunities to  see their team win titles and increases the number of meaningless games at the same time. 

Edited by LargsBud

7 hours ago, LargsBud said:

What are the benefits of expanding the league?

I don't get why people think this is going to make anything better. The best seasons I've had supporting St Mirren have been the 3 seasons I've seen us win the first division. Nothing else comes close (not even the league cup season). Fewer bigger leagues means fans have fewer opportunities to  see their team win titles and increases the number of meaningless games at the same time. 

For us - we're a yoyo team in the current situation, in a 14 team top division we'd be slightly less so.