Jump to content

Executive Boxes


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

The academy refurb was due to cost around £80K iirc. Those costs have far exceeded that original estimation. 

 

Can you explain what were the additional costs and and by how much. From memory this rectangular box was built prior to to the huge hike In cost of matetials. Did the council add costs due to the disregard for planning permission? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


37 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:
The academy refurb was due to cost around £80K iirc. Those costs have far exceeded that original estimation. 
 

That was also down to the enlarged facilities the club eventually got.

& The massive increases in raw materials costs 🙁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:
1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:
The academy refurb was due to cost around £80K iirc. Those costs have far exceeded that original estimation. 
 

That was also down to the enlarged facilities the club eventually got.

Quadrupled costs though?

Must be quite something!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, hamlet said:

Building condidered/commenced in November 2021 prior to the massive increases in material costs, as I said.

Are you referring to the academy refurbish?
That started during the early part of lockdown. 

It would seem that there are people ITK about the academy refurbishment costs.

One of the reasons put forward by other ITK people is that “many academy staff have been released from employment due to spiralling costs with the refurbishment”

Others ITK have said “There are young players leaving our club as coaching staff have been forced out.”

The first time the club publicly announced the new “executive boxes” was July 2022 as per the OP.

A commercial organisation would always factor some “fat” to cater for an increase in building costs (or work to fixed price margins) but a 100% increase for the “executive boxes” or in reality converted shipping containers seems a bit excessive especially as I’ve seen costs of those items reduced in price today. 

It is more likely that whoever at the club did the costings for the “executive boxes” dropped a ball in terms of the total cost of ownership to factor in additional costs to run, maintain, etc. 

As for the “alleged quadrupling” costs for the refurbishment of the academy then perhaps the annual accounts and forthcoming AGM will shed some truth behind that.

The refurbishment of the Academy only finished this season despite it starting not long after March 2020 when the club used the shutdown opportunity to move the players training to the stadium.

Even when the supporters got back into the stadium the players were still using it to train on gym equipment and changing facilities. 

I am so far from being “ITK”. 

It’s better not to proceed with a vanity project if it doesn’t make a profit but the redundancies of coaches from our academy is a worry moving forward. 

But then again. Maybe the Academy is a vanity project. What’s the point in having it when our manager signs 25 year old strikers who have only scored twice in 7 seasons as a professional footballer?


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Are you referring to the academy refurbish?
That started during the early part of lockdown. 

It would seem that there are people ITK about the academy refurbishment costs.

One of the reasons put forward by other ITK people is that “many academy staff have been released from employment due to spiralling costs with the refurbishment”

Others ITK have said “There are young players leaving our club as coaching staff have been forced out.”

The first time the club publicly announced the new “executive boxes” was July 2022 as per the OP.

A commercial organisation would always factor some “fat” to cater for an increase in building costs (or work to fixed price margins) but a 100% increase for the “executive boxes” or in reality converted shipping containers seems a bit excessive especially as I’ve seen costs of those items reduced in price today. 

It is more likely that whoever at the club did the costings for the “executive boxes” dropped a ball in terms of the total cost of ownership to factor in additional costs to run, maintain, etc. 

As for the “alleged quadrupling” costs for the refurbishment of the academy then perhaps the annual accounts and forthcoming AGM will shed some truth behind that.

The refurbishment of the Academy only finished this season despite it starting not long after March 2020 when the club used the shutdown opportunity to move the players training to the stadium.

Even when the supporters got back into the stadium the players were still using it to train on gym equipment and changing facilities. 

I am so far from being “ITK”. 

It’s better not to proceed with a vanity project if it doesn’t make a profit but the redundancies of coaches from our academy is a worry moving forward. 

But then again. Maybe the Academy is a vanity project. What’s the point in having it when our manager signs 25 year old strikers who have only scored twice in 7 seasons as a professional footballer?


 

Someone  who has only scored 2 goals in 7 seasons should not be called a striker by any standards!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Someone  who has only scored 2 goals in 7 seasons should not be called a striker by any standards!

What if they are skinny with red hair and therefore resemble a matchstick?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect the increased costs will also probably relate to all the things that would have been required through more detailed design and weren't necessarily shown on the outline drawings. These could have been significant.

I noticed that Killie have installed what looks like executive boxes at the back of the stand opposite the one we were in. Those looked like a much more cost effective and practical solution than what we were proposing. Killie's boxes would probably have utilised things like existing accesses/escapes, shared toilets, no foundations , no drainage , existing roof etc. Something similar could perhaps be done at the Family Stand with the loss of some seats to the rear half over part of the stand's width??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I thought we were looking at office space and extended hospitality in the corners several years ago.  Theproximity to the airport being the big incentive.  The airport needs a bit of visible and tangible carbon offsetting and a solar hub,  geo-thermal heating hub and EV charging point for airport vehicles would be attractive to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, beyond our ken said:

I thought we were looking at office space and extended hospitality in the corners several years ago.  Theproximity to the airport being the big incentive.  The airport needs a bit of visible and tangible carbon offsetting and a solar hub,  geo-thermal heating hub and EV charging point for airport vehicles would be attractive to them.

There are so many formal managed office locations around the airport that this is not a viable option for our club. 

There are relatively new office locations at Marchfield Drive just by the airport. 

In addition the managed office facilities at Business First at the Linwood-A737 roundabout are outstanding with different levels of service plus the ability to utilise other BF facilities elsewhere in the UK.

https://businessfirst.co.uk/office-suites/glasgow-offices

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...