St Mirren versus Dundee FC - Saturday, 12th August 2023

W6er

7 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Its not just embarrassing ....as they are not even good plastic pitches...its dangerous.... hopefully one of them will go down...although unlikely...  at least we play on a bowling green...

I don't primarily blame the clubs and I do understand this is not Engerland with their gazillions of tv cash, clubs here have to be practical and community focused, and yes Astro-turf pitches do help in that sense, but as far as the top league is concerned, if a club has the desire to play in it; then it's grass or you are not in, simples.

1 hour ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Fantastic result. Should have buried them in first half. Second half we lost just about every 50:50, but still created enough to finish them off. We sat too deep, perhaps forced back a bit by Dundee. Strain got the run around at the back but was immense coming forward. More pluses and minuses and we cannot complain about full points from first two games. Optimistic we will be very competitive this season and threaten a top six place again 

I think we will need to close off the gaps at the back and be competitive in the opposition half for the full match to be top 6.  The better sides will punish the lapses at the back and will be both relaxed and confident coming forward if we are only a threat for 40% of the match

27 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Unless big Joe has a child’s size 2 boot on, it was over the line. His full foot is behind the line & the ball is a couple of inches even further back hitting his angled shin. 

Another example in your head when your opinion becomes fact in your head... you have no idea if it was over the line unless you have a goal technology app that you can apply to Sportscene's coverage....or you are Frank Lampard who had a strong case that his was over line. I take it your convinced Hurst's wasnt over.... however Alex and Frank = no goal.... Geoff = GOALLLL and WC trophy...in other words ...its only a goal if its given

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Another example in your head when your opinion becomes fact in your head... you have no idea if it was over the line unless you have a goal technology app that you can apply to Sportscene's coverage....or you are Frank Lampard who had a strong case that his was over line. I take it your convinced Hurst's wasnt over.... however Alex and Frank = no goal.... Geoff = GOALLLL and WC trophy...in other words ...its only a goal if its given

What does this gibberish actually mean? 😂

4 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I think we will need to close off the gaps at the back and be competitive in the opposition half for the full match to be top 6.  The better sides will punish the lapses at the back and will be both relaxed and confident coming forward if we are only a threat for 40% of the match

We’ve gone into 2-0 leads in the first 2 games. The dynamics change in those situations. The opposition start going direct and commuting players forward and they bypass our pressing game.

But last Saturday, as Hibs pushed for the winner, we hit them on the break to get the winner.

Every game will pan out differently. Had we gone in 0-0 at half time or even behind, Dundee wouldn’t have gone direct, wouldn’t have pushed players forward, and we’d have continued to dominate.

10 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

We’ve gone into 2-0 leads in the first 2 games. The dynamics change in those situations. The opposition start going direct and commuting players forward and they bypass our pressing game.

But last Saturday, as Hibs pushed for the winner, we hit them on the break to get the winner.

Every game will pan out differently. Had we gone in 0-0 at half time or even behind, Dundee wouldn’t have gone direct, wouldn’t have pushed players forward, and we’d have continued to dominate.

Indeed.

It seems to be the team/manager to blame when the opposition have a say in the way the game pans out. 

The scoreline will dictate the response of the opposing team and, so far, we've came out on top. 

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Cool… It was over the line. 😂

5 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

They did manage a first-half penalty against us even if it was poorly hit and our first goal would not have been so likely to happen against better defenders.  The dynamics of yesterday worked out iincredibly well for us due to an attacking mindset, we just need to ensure we control things somewhat higher up the park and we definitely needed to defend better late in the day.  It is possible to be able to dominate on your own terms and not rely on the opposition not being direct, otherwise how does anyone defend a lead.

Our biggest shortcoming last season was the goal difference and when you score 5 goals in 2 games you have a platform to improve on.

As I said, better teams will exploit those gaps

36 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Well yes, if the ref had given it (as he should, as it was over the line) then it wouldn’t be getting spoken about in this way. 

How do you know it was over the line? 

4 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

But unfortunately nothing conclusive as there are not multiple camera angles across the goal line which is what would be required.

Can't argue with that.  The only conclusive thing is: that it was NOT a goal/not over the line.

If it was then I think we'd maybe have seen evidence for that over the weekend eg - in the Final, conclusive scores.

And also in the points tally for St Mirren.

8 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

Shut up ya fanny!

You contribute so much on here...take it you had no schools pals... anyway off to ignore you pop... no doubt you will reply to this as you have more eyebrows than brain cells

Edited by DougJamie

56 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The video & stills from the incident. 

It looked over the line but my point before was a russian linesman gave a goal that wasnt... without the technology we are guessing... which in a top league in 2023 says more about the powers that be in Scotland which could end the debate and plastic pitches.... if we lose the league by one goal write to your MP 

33 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

It looked over the line but my point before was a russian linesman gave a goal that wasnt... without the technology we are guessing... which in a top league in 2023 says more about the powers that be in Scotland which could end the debate and plastic pitches.... if we lose the league by one goal write to your MP 

If we lose the league by one goal, I for one will absolutely ecstatic and won't be bothered by whataboutery! However, current situation is that despite no conclusive evidence to back it up Baz says it was in so we are being cheated by the ugly sister supporting officials tarnishing our game etc.......