St Mirren versus Dundee FC - Saturday, 12th August 2023

W6er

Poor patchy performance. Started off brilliant. Got the 2 goals and then let them dominate us. Mika scored a great header, and big Joe is still a Saint. Need to improve when we play Motherwell and Aberdeen. But good 3 points when we didn't play all that well. It's a great start 6/6.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Great game today. I was a bit anxious at the end, despite the fact a 2-2 draw would have netted me £65. 

I need to watch the highlights, but Strain was brilliant again, as was McMenamin. Good to see Mandron score and I was pleased that Carson got the reception he deserved. Entertaining, but a nail biting finish. 

It looked like we should have had a penalty in the first half. Also will be interested to see why they were awarded one, I saw no appeals. 

Top of the League! 

Fantastic result bur, for gawd's sake Saints, think about my old ticker. We absolutely battered Dundee in the first half. Snapping at their players as soon as we lost possession, slick passing and put their defence under pressure. Then they bring on Tiffoney and it changes the match. Suddenly we're standing off them and not winning the all important second ball. But. We're six from six and top of the league, Well done all.

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

5 wins in a row...no OHara and the belief SR has installed is there for all to see...not always pretty but who cares.. the league table doesnt lie...what a start...  get a 2m release clause in SR 's contract if possible

And still some "supporters" are wating on the manager to fail because they don't rate him.

Tragic. 

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

And still some "supporters" are wating on the manager to fail because they don't rate him.

Tragic. 

Yeah we all know what ones youre talking about.. as OAE used to say about Chick...best eyesight in Scottish Football as they can support Saints from the Govan Rd stand

24 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

IMG-20230812-WA0002.jpg

As was pointed out on Sportscene, going by the shadows. Shaughnessy's shadow is in front of him and the shadow of the ball is on the line so it's almost certain that the ball was behind the shadow therefore behind the line. Clear goal.

First half thought we were excellant. My one concern is we have a couple of players who look to struggle to complete 90 minutes . Boyd Muncie  and Strain. Strain is probably our best player, possibly excepting O,Hara,  but he struggles in the last 10minutes.  I wonder if this is why he has not been sold to a bigger club. 

9 minutes ago, elvis said:

Don't know what the f**k your laughing at we sit in w1 and had a clear view of it it was clearly over the line.

The big surprise here is that you actually react to this fool. Luckily I have him on ignore so his impact on this forum is minimal to me,