Saints v sevco Oct 6th

HSS

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Todays fixtures and results I can see happening.....

Celtic v Killie Home

Dundee v Ross County Home

Hearts v Hibs Draw

Livingston v Motherwell Away 

Dundee v Ross Co has been postponed 🌧️ ️ 

18 hours ago, W6er said:

I hope there's no chance of ours getting rained off tomorrow! 

If there was a rallying call for volunteers to help clear the pitch so the game could go ahead. There would probably be about 1000 folk arriving early this morning in their wellies.

Regarding water issues on the pitch perhaps there should be a discussion in the boardroom to support Tommy Docherty for the opportunity to have a couple of these at his disposal:

https://www.linemarkerpaint.co.uk/product/bowcom-bowdry-surface-water-remover

We will continue to experience significant downpours. Did we not have had a game abandoned in the past due to high amounts of rain? Collum was the ref?

I found it incredible that the SFA never had any such solution at the recent game against Georgia that resulted in a 90 minute delay. 

One of these units can remove 60litres in a minute. Surely worth considering given the significant costs of postponements or abandoned matches? 

I’m sure SMISA members would gladly help Tommy Docherty and his team who perform incredible work behind the scene to ensure we have one of the finest grass pitches in Scotland. 

Edited by Albanian Buddy

2 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Regarding water issues on the pitch perhaps there should be a discussion in the boardroom to support Tommy Docherty for the opportunity to have a couple of these at his disposal:

https://www.linemarkerpaint.co.uk/product/bowcom-bowdry-surface-water-remover

We will continue to experience significant downpours. Did we not have had a game abandoned in the past due to high amounts of rain? Collum was the ref?

I found it incredible that the SFA never had any such solution at the recent game against Georgia that resulted in a 90 minute delay. 

One of these units can remove 60litres in a minute. Surely worth considering given the significant costs of postponements or abandoned matches? 

I’m sure SMISA members would gladly help Tommy Docherty and his team who perform incredible work behind the scene to ensure we have one of the finest grass pitches in Scotland. 

Those things can collect in excess of50 kilos of water requiring 3 people to each machine in terrain conditions 

they are better for tennis courts and the like

as for volunteers 

you would need a dozen machines to clear a pitch in less than 30 minutes

50 pairs of feet on a sodden pitch?

iI’m not sure we would have a playable pitch after a half hour of that