St Mirren v St Johnstone SPFL PREMIERSHIP 28/10/23

shull

1 hour ago, Dare said:

Robbo and the backroom team deserve a big shout out for our performances and where we are. 
Noticed after the game Robbo talking to big Taylor - basically telling him you need to be “on your toes concentrating” all the time. Thought the big man was excellent today but Robbo saw something he didn’t like and told him ……… that’s why we are “punching” and long may it continue !

COYS !

Agreed, he was excellent. Both he and Gogic made things look very simple but they put in a huge amount of work. Also thought Kiltie deserves a mention, deserved his goal. I still have concerns with O'Hara's recent form but don't want to take anything away from the overall team's performance so far this season. We have a really good team and should enjoy everything they are giving us.

58 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

I'm sure they say the sign of a good team is they win when playing poorly.  That's what we did today.  'Nuff said.

46 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Jesus christ.

Think back to a couple of games we were robbed.

I despair. 🙄

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

St Johnstone could have played until next Thursday without creating a goalscoring opportunity. Did you ever feel that our goal was under threat at any point today ?

Aye, we deserved a bit of luck. Also they're a side that are clearly struggling to score goals - three all season, so far - but my point was we were making hard work of it. Baccus' fine finish and then their early mistake gave us the two goal lead that killed off the game. 

Had we been playing a better side, we would have struggled today, IMHO. 

Delighted with the result, though. :)

2 minutes ago, W6er said:

Aye, we deserved a bit of luck. Also they're a side that are clearly struggling to score goals - three all season, so far - but my point was we were making hard work of it. Baccus' fine finish and then their early mistake gave us the two goal lead that killed off the game. 

Had we been playing a better side, we would have struggled today, IMHO. 

Delighted with the result, though. :)

:lol:

One of the players who I think is really progressing is, Greive.  He is maturing when you compare his initial appearance for the club which was full of uncontrolled energy, to today, with that composed and controlled pass which led to our fourth goal.  

I don't think he's far away from moving from a substitute to a first choice quad member.

A few people have said we were due to give someone a hammering, imagine if we'd had a first half like the second!
I've been doing 5-1 Saints every home game since start of season not sure I carry on now[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] two 4 goal wins in same season seems unlikely but who knows with this team.[emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696].

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I thought Christian’s would just turn the other cheek? 🤔 

Have you not got some dots to count?

Cheer up and try joining them instead. 😂 

IMG_4612.jpeg.96a690dc2b42bb7e9f29df0bd8b74380.jpeg

That wasn't aimed at anybody in particular. I thought it was appropriate because of Halloween. The thought actually came to me yesterday  when I saw, what appeared to be, an adult in a mask vandalise a car outside a shop, despite the presence of cameras.

However, I did think that posting it here might give some folk cause to reflect on their own behaviour. After all, our true identities are masked on here. 

I will endeavour to do a dot count for the Hibs game! 

Very good performance from almost the whole team, let's face it, how hard to watch have St Johnstone been in recent years?  The foulingand spoiling was straight out of the Martindale playbook and hell-mend Mclean for employing that strategy.  I don't feel sorry for their players yet i noted that they all looked miserable and frustrated.

It highlights to me that while I sometimes have resevations about Robinson's selection and tactics, he is definitely a leader and has sold the philosophy brilliantly to his players.

The final whistle celebrations are almost worth the entrance fee on their own.

While I disagree with about 90% of what Tom English says, he was spot on after the game.  He told a caller that Saints fans should stop speculating about the future prospects and just enjoy the moment, because it's a pretty good place to be..

1 hour ago, W6er said:

That wasn't aimed at anybody in particular. I thought it was appropriate because of Halloween. The thought actually came to me yesterday  when I saw, what appeared to be, an adult in a mask vandalise a car outside a shop, despite the presence of cameras.

However, I did think that posting it here might give some folk cause to reflect on their own behaviour. After all, our true identities are masked on here. 

I will endeavour to do a dot count for the Hibs game! 

Well if your comment was not aimed at anyone in particular and was triggered by something you witnessed yesterday it’s all the more cryptic and bizarre. 

I trust that you reported the crime to the police. 

24 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Well if your comment was not aimed at anyone in particular and was triggered by something you witnessed yesterday it’s all the more cryptic and bizarre. 

I trust that you reported the crime to the police. 

I'm a Bible basher, I count dots and believe in conspiracy theories...and that is the post that makes you realise that I'm bizarre! 

I did say why I posted it on here! 

Anyway, I stand by my comments. A better side would have punished us for playing so poorly in the first half. 4-0 flattered us. However, I am, of course, delighted by the result. :)

WORMHOLE ALERT 
Great result. But we played better V Aberdeen and they got a lucky draw. Again Gogic was outstanding. But Taylor and Fraser were also excellent. Big mention for Ryan Flynn. Hardly played this season and never put a foot wrong. Tremendous club servant. Our forward players were superb especially the 2nd half. Mika and Toy linked up brilliant for the third goal, devastating pace from both. Kiltie has made himself un droppable with his performances this season. [emoji122]
Ps never meant to quote post above. Sorry

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk