St Mirren v St Johnstone SPFL PREMIERSHIP 28/10/23

shull

On paper this should be an easy win. They've only scored 3 or 4 goals this season, IIRC. We'll be missing Strain, though. 

Would it be peak St. Mirren to lose this one 3-0 after our great start? 😬 *

*Where is @elvis, anayway? I don't recall having noticed him for a wee while.

1 hour ago, W6er said:

On paper this should be an easy win. They've only scored 3 or 4 goals this season, IIRC. We'll be missing Strain, though. 

Would it be peak St. Mirren to lose this one 3-0 after our great start? 😬 *

*Where is @elvis, anayway? I don't recall having noticed him for a wee while.

Would seem that you are taking over the “doom and gloom” baton.

Give yourself a shake. 

St Mirren fans should never ever expect an “easy win” in any match.

History shows that to be the case. 

That type of attitude is OF mentality and should be treated with disdain. 

3 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Would seem that you are taking over the “doom and gloom” baton.

Give yourself a shake. 

St Mirren fans should never ever expect an “easy win” in any match.

History shows that to be the case. 

That type of attitude is OF mentality and should be treated with disdain. 

I only asked a question! :wink: When I saw how many goals they'd scored this season my inner-Elvis spoke to me: "Wouldn't it be peak St. Mirren if they doubled that on Saturday?"

They have scored just three goals in eight games! They have not won once in the league this season! We're at home. Our players are rested. We are, admittedly, missing Strain, but, on paper, it should be a comfortable (maybe 'easy' was the wrong word) win.

Anyone looked at the odds? @faraway saint?

6 minutes ago, W6er said:

I only asked a question! :wink: When I saw how many goals they'd scored this season my inner-Elvis spoke to me: "Wouldn't it be peak St. Mirren if they doubled that on Saturday?"

They have scored just three goals in eight games! They have not won once in the league this season! We're at home. Our players are rested. We are, admittedly, missing Strain, but, on paper, it should be a comfortable (maybe 'easy' was the wrong word) win.

Anyone looked at the odds? @faraway saint?

I’ve seen this movie before so many times. Whenever an opposing team needs a result invariably it comes against us. Perhaps I’m just an auld cnut but I never ever expect St Mirren to win any game against any opponent. 

10 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I’ve seen this movie before so many times. Whenever an opposing team needs a result invariably it comes against us. Perhaps I’m just an auld cnut but I never ever expect St Mirren to win any game against any opponent. 

Perhaps? 🤣

Now who's being pessimistic? 

In all seriousness, I always prepare myself for the worst. It's a cliche on here, but it's the hope that kills you.

First game I'm going to in a while due to a number of reasons. Optimistic but the fakes often seem to raise their game against us or we drop our game, never quite sure which one it is. I am going for a struggling 2 - 1 for the only true Saints and the fakes heading back up the road bitter at a last minute VAR that goes against them.  Hope everyone is well and basking in the heady heights of 3rd in the league with a game in hand 😁

I think Small will feature somewhere along the line this Saturday and to be fair I thought he was good last year, fast, good crosses but occasionally a bit hot-headed. However I think he could slot in.

We all thought that last season, when we had the chance to seal a top 6 place, a win against a struggling Kilmarnock side was a bookies favourite, but we know better and ultimately had to settle for someone else helping us make the top half.................. so you just never quite know with the Buddies, but if I was a betting man I would put a little money on say maybe a 2-0 win (with a bit of huff and puff to get there)! :clapping

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Quick question. I usually print my pdf tickets that I get sent through to my email, but I don’t have access to a printer before Saturday. 
Can I just scan the pdf QR code directly from my phone to the turnstile and if so do screenshots work too? 

Yes and the last time I tried, yes. No reason it shouldn't if the screenshot is clear.

On 10/24/2023 at 2:15 PM, Albanian Buddy said:

That team should have been good enough to win the game:

IMG_4451.thumb.jpeg.3a4012eb7dde5309987ed381b391c6d7.jpeg

But it all came good in the end at the lifting of the league title!

IMG_4450.jpeg.b81895dffa9b881a8865095c45a92071.jpeg

Oh , I’m not sure about that 🤔

Dale Hilson, Greg Buchanan, Ian McShane , Ross Stewart ( the GK ) a 16 year old Erhahon & a raw young Ross S up front ? 
Rovers must have been rubbing their hands when they saw that line up . 

Quick question. I usually print my pdf tickets that I get sent through to my email, but I don’t have access to a printer before Saturday. 
Can I just scan the pdf QR code directly from my phone to the turnstile and if so do screenshots work too? 
Yes and the last time I tried, yes. No reason it shouldn't if the screenshot is clear.
Think they had initial problems due to sunlight and the brightness of the display on the phones. Haven't heard or seen anyone moaning about it in a while. [emoji848][emoji6][emoji1696]

58 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Oh , I’m not sure about that 🤔

Sssh. It annoys the fcuk out of the troll. 😂 

What was better? Promotion to the top flight or winning a lower league competition? 🤔 

I still feel there was enough experience and youthful talent in that team to win that match. I recognise very few players in that Rovers line up. 

Raith lost to Dumbarton in the next round. 

Raith Rovers have not been in the top flight since 1997. 

St Mirren have been in the top division since Jack Ross led us there that season. 

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Sssh. It annoys the fcuk out of the troll. 😂 

What was better? Promotion to the top flight or winning a lower league competition? 🤔 

I still feel there was enough experience and youthful talent in that team to win that match. I recognise very few players in that Rovers line up. 

Raith lost to Dumbarton in the next round. 

Raith Rovers have not been in the top flight since 1997. 

St Mirren have been in the top division since Jack Ross led us there that season. 

😂