How do you usually travel to away games?

W6er

How do you usually travel to away games?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just wondering how most folk travel to away games, if you go to any. Purely out of curiosity, otherwise known as nosiness. 

I have only included the three typical options, though I appreciate some fly in from abroad or travel by multiple modes of transport (e.g. ferry and then train). Of course there may be folk who claim to travel by helicopter or hovercraft or something, too, but I can't see that being typical so haven't included them - but if that's you, feel free to leave a comment. :) 

I usually fly up for home matches but last season, me & my mates took the train from King's Cross to Dundee (direct) & it beat the shit out of flying.

My mates are coming up with me in March for Kilmarnock away, we'll take the train. So much less faffing about.

There are a few motorcyclists amongst our supporters base who have been known to travel long distances.

There will be some supporters make use of discounted public bus travel to get to games.

On some away days we have hired transit vans and bundled loads in. 

For the Challenge cup final under Gus against Hamilton fans hired limousines with champagne, beer, etc. 

For the “super-fit” supporters amongst us I’ve known fans to set off early and walk or run to some away days. 

Let us also not forget these fans.

IMG_4907.png.9777f2f2c4a7a3a2ca91ea67422b49e9.png

They should all be included in the poll. 

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

There are a few motorcyclists amongst our supporters base who have been known to travel long distances.

There will be some supporters make use of discounted public bus travel to get to games.

On some away days we have hired transit vans and bundled loads in. 

For the Challenge cup final under Gus against Hamilton fans hired limousines with champagne, beer, etc. 

For the “super-fit” supporters amongst us I’ve known fans to set off early and walk or run to some away days. 

Let us also not forget these fans.

IMG_4907.png.9777f2f2c4a7a3a2ca91ea67422b49e9.png

They should all be included in the poll. 

Unicyclists and those using jet propelled rocket packs, too...of course! 🤪 

1 minute ago, W6er said:

Unicyclists and those using jet propelled rocket packs, too...of course! 🤪 

It’s obvious you are not taking this seriously. 

I have witnessed a dude going to a Saints game on a skateboard. 

I’m sure back in the day some went by horse and cart. We even had a set area of Love St for them. Probably before your time. 

8 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

It’s obvious you are not taking this seriously. 

I have witnessed a dude going to a Saints game on a skateboard. 

I’m sure back in the day some went by horse and cart. We even had a set area of Love St for them. Probably before your time. 

An away game on a skateboard? Jeesy peeps! Well, if anybody has an unusual method of transport, then they can comment as you have done. :) 

9 hours ago, W6er said:

Just wondering how most folk travel to away games, if you go to any. Purely out of curiosity, otherwise known as nosiness. 

I have only included the three typical options, though I appreciate some fly in from abroad or travel by multiple modes of transport (e.g. ferry and then train). Of course there may be folk who claim to travel by helicopter or hovercraft or something, too, but I can't see that being typical so haven't included them - but if that's you, feel free to leave a comment. :) 

Mostly bus, 30% car, occassionally train

In my lifetime from where I lived it has been…

Foxbar -

Wewent from the Rosebud with my Dad usually or sometimes from Knox St ( my uncle used to run a bus from there)

Caledonia St - Train from Paisley if possible or bus

Leeds - Tried train but didn’t work for same day up/down

Now Car every time ( although for us down in England home games are away )

Dad's car, Junior Supporters Bus, Chivas, Knox Street and finally Brig Inn Barrhead ( Guni Loyal Bus )

Drove after that.

The old McGills bus sometimes in the early days to and from Love Street, mostly for Reserve games.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Snoopyra said:

Taking the train has its perks. It's a relaxing way to travel, and you can avoid the stress of driving in traffic. Plus, you get to enjoy the scenic views along the way.

Hello Snoopyra! I see it's your first post, so thought I would welcome you to the forum. :)

You don't, by any chance, happen to work for ScotRail, do you? :wink: