St Mirren v Ross County SPFL PREMIERSHIP 9/12/23

shull

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not sure why you’re just having a go at @FTOF mate. You are very much a lone voice on this one and I’m going to add my name to the list of dissenters. The ref wasn’t just bad, he was absolutely abysmal. If you are happy with that standard then you’re easily pleased. 

Wasn't really having a go at him, I actually rate his contributions on here but not on refs. 

Anyway defending a referee is always a lone voice position to take on any club forum.

I've done it with Steven McLean, John Beaton, Willie Collum and numerous others over the years and had the same response each time. So nothing new.

I also follow Ipswich Town very closely and contribute to their forum. Same response there if i defend a referee so its universal. Not a problem, its the world of refereeing which i used to be a part of.

I think we'll see a lot more of Calum Scott at Premiership level, hopefully next time there might be agreement. Not holding my breath on it though.

On the game its a much better forum today than after StJ match where a number of people were losing the run of themselves. 

Sometimes a losing run allows the manager to reassess which Robinson has done. 

Nahmani and Small really took their chance yesterday. Both look real talents, a bit surprised given their showing yesterday that the had to wait so long.

Nahmani and Ayunga worked really well together. Nahamani reminded me a bit of Dargo with his movement and Ayunga was superb especially second half.

Small looks a real prospect if he can develop and be consistent. Looks the real emotional type so needs to keep that in check too. Only issue with him on the right hand side is that he keeps trying to shift back to his left. 

Also thought Olusanya was decent when he came on. Taking a bit of a belting on here recently. Frightening pace and strength just needs to get his final ball right and improve his finishing and there is a real player in there. Not surprised Warnock rated him

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

On the game its a much better forum today than after StJ match where a number of people were losing the run of themselves. 

Sometimes a losing run allows the manager to reassess which Robinson has done. 

Nahmani and Small really took their chance yesterday. Both look real talents, a bit surprised given their showing yesterday that the had to wait so long.

Nahmani and Ayunga worked really well together. Nahamani reminded me a bit of Dargo with his movement and Ayunga was superb especially second half.

Small looks a real prospect if he can develop and be consistent. Looks the real emotional type so needs to keep that in check too. Only issue with him on the right hand side is that he keeps trying to shift back to his left. 

Also thought Olusanya was decent when he came on. Taking a bit of a belting on here recently. Frightening pace and strength just needs to get his final ball right and improve his finishing and there is a real player in there. Not surprised Warnock rated him

Fun Fail GIF by Camp Lebanon

6 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I understand that referees making the step up to the top division will lack experience but do these referees ever get their first matches in the top league with Celtic or Rangers games first? I very much doubt it. That is unfair. It should be a level playing field for everyone. 

I would like to see the statistics on that. If they are deemed good enough for the top league then any matches should be considered. 

The referee and his west stand assistant had a pretty standard game. Fcuking awful. The weakness of the assistant referees to get involved in helping the on field ref with key decisions in the game is baffling at times especially when the incident is clear and obvious and invariably directly in front of the assistant. It seems that all assistant referees only involvement is with ball leaving pitch and offsides. Given the latter is now VAR decided for goals it seems they receive a huge amount of cash for fcuk all. 

😂

18 hours ago, FTOF said:

He was absolutely rotten. Like a fish out of water. How he failed to see that our first goal was over the line defies belief.

His assistants were sadly lacking too.

Let us know when these good young refs are coming through.

Let's hope you're not influential in whether they continue refereeing or not.

To be fair, I couldn't see it was over the line...and I wasn't sitting in W6. Neither could those around me, btw.

10 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

The weakness of the assistant referees to get involved in helping the on field ref with key decisions in the game is baffling at times especially when the incident is clear and obvious and invariably directly in front of the assistant. It seems that all assistant referees only involvement is with ball leaving pitch and offsides. Given the latter is now VAR decided for goals it seems they receive a huge amount of cash for fcuk all. 

Er, they are miked up and talk to one another all the time.  Just because they don't fanny about waving their wee flag doesn't mean they haven't contributed.

Edited by rabuddies
I missed a word.

Complete junk on the ref. I thought he was more than decent for his 2nd SPL match.
Looks a really good prospect. I noticed at the end that all the players shook his hand and appreciated his perfomance.
As for your lazy conveyor belt populist SFA bashing we have a number of really good young refs coming through. Quite encouraging, not that you will agree
Going most comments you were at the wrong game. Both him and his linesman missed a ball 2 yarda over the line. Gave fouls for county players throw themselves on the ground. Players mostly shake the officials hands at full time no matter how good of bad they are.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, rabuddies said:

Er, they are miked up and talk to one another all the time.  Just because they don't fanny about waving their wee flag doesn't mean they haven't contributed.

Yes. I’m fully aware of that. But if you witnessed some of the incidents that took place directly in front of the West Stand assistant referee and incorrect decisions are made you wonder are these guys actually taking any responsibility. 
At times they often can’t even get the right decision on whose throw in it is. Great hourly pay rate though. Referee is on circa £850 per match. Assistant circa £450. 
No wonder @Cookie Monstercan afford such a luxurious lifestyle! 😂 
IMG_5552.thumb.jpeg.b4dbfd677ee995c3c84d43922551feed.jpegIMG_5553.thumb.jpeg.93da0ec842fad9a59d3ccbc3f6aa77a4.jpeg

No wonder [mention=15909]Cookie Monster[/mention]can afford such a luxurious lifestyle! [emoji23]

Just to clarify, I only received £10 for expenses for my match on Saturday. [emoji24]

I need to get back to doing international matches so I can afford to get lighting in my small drinks cabinet that's in my games room. [emoji6]705dc1217d4c386cdcc7681b4eeeb993.jpg