Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

Article in The Daily Star today.

St.Mirren's future is unlikely to be decided until they know if they are to remain in the Premiership next season.

Three business groups are in talks about buying the struggling buddies.

An Argentinian consortium had been close to finalising a deal in January, but that deal has now stalled.

The problem is that two members of the group-Sebastien and Ricardo Pini are concerned about the cub's top-flight status and that if they were relegated then the value of the club would drop.

It's now a major concern after Saints fell to the bottom of the Premiership at the weekend.

Scandinavian and European groups have also been in contact with the club and are doing their homework on the viability of buying the club.

Article in The Daily Star today.

St.Mirren's future is unlikely to be decided until they know if they are to remain in the Premiership next season.

An Argentinian consortium had been close to finalising a deal in January, but that deal has now stalled.

The problem is that two members of the group-Sebastien and Ricardo Pini are concerned about the cub's top-flight status and that if they were relegated then the value of the club would drop.

It's now a major concern after Saints fell to the bottom of the Premiership at the weekend.

Scandinavian and European groups have also been in contact with the club and are doing their homework on the viability of buying the club.

Dreary me somebuddys desperate enough to bung the Daily Star to print that pish in a futile attempt to stoke interest in buying the club. I didnt even know they still printed the Daily Star?

Mibbaes George threatened tae batter them?

Dreary me somebuddys desperate enough to bung the Daily Star to print that pish in a futile attempt to stoke interest in buying the club. I didnt even know they still printed the Daily Star?

Mibbaes George threatened tae batter them?

Some deluded person who gets used by the media is my guess, so much crap gets printed in these rags, catching up on the other circus up the m8 now

Are we unbuyable as a Championship club or would the price drop in this event?

As we're liable to be bottom feeders in a 12 team top division that league that leaves us (well the new bigger, better, friends reunited, Consortium holiday.gif ) with a short window to sell the club providing we can avoid the drop - May to August before it all starts again.

Edited by Bud the Baker

The Daily Star are usually pretty spot on with Saints stories. Normally to do with transfers but so who knows.

Just need to wait and see it play out. Can understand potential buyers wanting to hedge their bets on waiting to see what division we'll be playing in.

I get your point but why wait to see if we get relegated ? they could have bought out the shares earlier and made the effort to keep us up

Do you want a loan of a dictionary?

Go back to sleep.

Thank you very much for the offer but I don't need a loan of a Dictionary. I can afford one myself. You on the other hand may need one. I'll buy you one, sign it for you and post it off to you.

Why, he couldnie get out of Paisley quick enough and took his company with him.

Well, in the past our Club has had a minutes silence for various people, some without any connection with the Club or Paisley at all.

Did he think Paisley was a shithole too?

Well, in the past our Club has had a minutes silence for various people, some without any connection with the Club or Paisley at all.

Did he think Paisley was a shithole too?

He's probably never seen Paisley, but when the mills made thousands redundant, they probably contributed in making the town a shitehole.

Why, he couldnie get out of Paisley quick enough and took his company with him.

He's probably never seen Paisley, but when the mills made thousands redundant, they probably contributed in making the town a shitehole.

Make up your mind, Pod! laugh.png

Is this thread title not due to be changed again sometime soon?

Here's a couple of possibilities:

Club "mibbee" sold - Deal to sell Argie consortium will be agreed "mibbee" this millenium.

or

Ricardo Pini seen riding Shergar to his lunch meeting with Stewart Gilmour and Lord Lucan.

Answers on a postcard.

Edited by Tony Fitzy

Is this thread title not due to be changed again sometime soon?

Here's a couple of possibilities:

Club "mibbee" sold - Deal to sell Argie consortium will be agreed "mibbee" this millenium.

or

Ricardo Pini seen riding Shergar to his lunch meeting with Stewart Gilmour and Lord Lucan.

Answers on a postcard.

If they invite Clarkson to that lunch i sure as f**k hope they've organised a hot buffet!

• 2 weeks later...

The support have been selt down the river !

Hmm, I'm wondering if the Parachute payment that gets paid to the relegated club at the commenecment of their new season in new lands has had some influence around recent discussions. I think, this payment is something like £350k. You can but only begin to wonder about the next game plan, the ongoing silence and seeming continued inactivity just rolls on and on and on.......................

Hmm, I'm wondering if the Parachute payment that gets paid to the relegated club at the commenecment of their new season in new lands has had some influence around recent discussions. I think, this payment is something like £350k. You can but only begin to wonder about the next game plan, the ongoing silence and seeming continued inactivity just rolls on and on and on.......................

The parachute money might be a way for a buyer to sweeten a deal for the BoD - must have crossed a few minds.......

It's a max of £500k for 11th place relegation and £300k for 12th place relegation.

If we fail to get automatic promotion we get a further max of £250k or £125k as per above premiership placing.

I think (and I could be wrong) if the Argentinian bid had collapsed then I would have thought there would have been conformation fro the BoD. Would it be as SG always states, "in the best interests of the club" to willingly get relegated just to receive the parachute payment?