Ayr United V St Mirren SPFL Championship 25/2/17

supras

Ayr could not have complained if that had been 6-0 today. But being St Mirren they have to keep us on tenderhooks. I thought Smith was immense up front. Had a shot that beat the keeper, came off the post and rolled along the line before the keeper finally caught it. Another shot was kicked off the line but I do not know who hit it. And in the first half we had 4 great chances with three being skyed over the bar from about 8 yards and a Mallan piledriver touched over. Don't think Billy had a save to make. By far the better team but still a long way to go but well done especially the singing from the Away support :)

1 minute ago, Jimmy H said:

Anyway, Feck Ayr as they are going down,  let's aim higher than that get on a run, no play off required, a trophy in the bag end of March then runaway with the league next season. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeazy 

Before anyone asks, yes I have been drinking :P

Superb performance from the lads today, could and probably should have won by a bigger margin..

Both our goals were pure class, a great strike from Morgan and Sutton's was a carbon copy of Ian Ferguson's goal 

against Hearts in the 87 cup semi final. (for those old enough to remember)...Great day all round, now it's Beer time..:guinness

Isnt it strange how fans from opposing sides see things so differently . On the way back to the car we got talking with one of the local retards " fuxake , we got nothing from that ref today , he gave you guys everything!"  

14 fouls given against saints  & against Ayr

4 Yellow cards for us against 2 for them 

And yet he thought we got everything !!

Was swithering right up to 1.20pm, but felt the inevitable pull of obligation so went along.

Very glad I did. Fantastic support, and a great performance.

Referee was abysmal, but f**k him - we still did the business despite his best efforts.

That was superb today. Brilliant in the second half and deserved the win.

Thought Smith was the best player on the park but everyone played well.

The support was fantastic too and I had a tenner on Sutton to score first and Saints to win. What a day!

Edited by JM1

4 minutes ago, JM1 said:

That was superb today. Brilliant in the second half and deserved the win.

Thought Smith was the best player on the park but everyone played well.

The support was fantastic too and I had a tenner on Sutton to score first and Saints to win. What a day!

Difficult to disagree with that , interesting to note that Ayr doubled up on him everytime he got the ball.

Only very slight niggle with him , as the game progressed and he visibly tired , he often chose to take his man on rather than pass to a team mate, he did lose the ball a lot more in the last 15-20 because of that.

33 minutes ago, No Ninjas said:

Piss.  2-2 at Easter Rd.

If I was Jack Ross I'd take heart from that score, and point out to our players that Hibs aren't that good and that we could get a result against them on Wednesday, if we play with the grit and effort that we did today.

18 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Isnt it strange how fans from opposing sides see things so differently . On the way back to the car we got talking with one of the local retards " fuxake , we got nothing from that ref today , he gave you guys everything!"  

14 fouls given against saints  & against Ayr

4 Yellow cards for us against 2 for them 

And yet he thought we got everything !!

Very classy from a St Mirren supporter.

I'm guessing it was an Ayr United fan.

Folk can shoot me down all they want for saying this but I genuinely believe have the 2nd best squad in the league behind hibs.

Ross has his own men in now and it was always going to take time, signings like Steven McGinn, Cammy Smith and Harry Davis are ridiculous signings for the level we are at, I would of been pleased with the signings Ross has brought in so far had we been in the premier league never mind bottom of the championship.

The revival has started, we are staying up and we will win that challenge cup.

3 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Thank you for your input but i`m sure you`ll understand when i say i`ll not be taking lessons in etiquette from your good self.

How was the sin bin btw ?

and your subsequent exclusion ?

Lessons learned

5 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Folk can shoot me down all they want for saying this but I genuinely believe have the 2nd best squad in the league behind hibs.

Ross has his own men in now and it was always going to take time, signings like Steven McGinn, Cammy Smith and Harry Davis are ridiculous signings for the level we are at, I would of been pleased with the signings Ross has brought in so far had we been in the premier league never mind bottom of the championship.

The revival has started, we are staying up and we will win that challenge cup.

And the Scottish Cup