Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I'll PM but just had a voice mail from Spierzo sorry you'll know him as Graham Spiers?

This normally leads to some good information,I can confirm however I expect another signing Tuesday or Wednesday.

As always I will advise.

Now if you really knew the Spiermeister, you would know he hates being called Spierzo. Mind you, he also hates when I call him a twat

Danny in today's Herald saying he's now almost content with the squad we have ... This hints at maybe one more signing? Surely a left back? I suppose if Guy moves on we need to get another striker in although he's talking up our youth players and emplies that they'll become a much more integral part of the team this season.

We need a left back, another striker, and, ideally, cover for central defence as it will be touch and go as to whether McGregor will make the return we all hope he will.

Anything short of the above would be concerning.

I'm very much in favour of properly blooding young players, but we need depth in key areas. We're sorted in the middle (assuming no-one leaves) but defence remains a concern, and, if Guy moves on, we would be too heavily reliant upon 34 year old Sir Steven of Thommohawk to do the business up front week in, week out.

We need a left back, another striker, and, ideally, cover for central defence as it will be touch and go as to whether McGregor will make the return we all hope he will.

Anything short of the above would be concerning.

I'm very much in favour of properly blooding young players, but we need depth in key areas. We're sorted in the middle (assuming no-one leaves) but defence remains a concern, and, if Guy moves on, we would be too heavily reliant upon 34 year old Sir Steven of Thommohawk to do the business up front week in, week out.

Correct and also he was basing his faith in 3 injury prone players

Correct and also he was basing his faith in 3 injury prone players

Indeed.

I'm not sure we can rely on Teale running the right flank for another full season either. He's been the fittest player at the club since he joined, but he's 35 this month and will pick up an injury at some point. Unless DL plans on playing Barron at RB and Vanzy at RM in that situation, he'll require cover.

We don't have an out-and-out left mid either, only Harkins can play there but he's spent most of his career at CM. I think this will be Kieran Doran's breakthrough season so maybe he'll be cover at LM...