Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Not to disagree with Dougie, but I'm told further signings are likely in addition to the two loans.

And the good news is it a defenderpunk.gif

I very highly doubt that considering the club were struggling to pay to bring in the loan signings. From what I hear - the club only originally offered to pay £500 of Newton's wage.

We're turning into a Conference type club , cobble together a team of young boys and one year contracts on the cheap while borrowing players here there and everywhere . Apart from McGinn there's nothing to suggest that we have long term plans to build a side !

I don't think that is that unusual in the SPL. Look at Inverness for example- and a lot of their boys came from the Conference (Vincent was from Kidderminster and Brill the keeper is on loan from Luton Town). You keep a small number year to year, but have to rebuild every summer.

I don't think that is that unusual in the SPL. Look at Inverness for example- and a lot of their boys came from the Conference (Vincent was from Kidderminster and Brill the keeper is on loan from Luton Town). You keep a small number year to year, but have to rebuild every summer.

Indeed.

You cut your cloth to suit your means.

Our core squad are signed on presumably fairly lucrative deals for a club of our financial means. e.g. Thommohawk; Teale; McAusland; Goodwin; Harkins; McGowan;Grainger and Mair!

Hence the reason we have to source relatively cheap players/loans or supplement our team with youth players.

I very highly doubt that considering the club were struggling to pay to bring in the loan signings. From what I hear - the club only originally offered to pay £500 of Newton's wage.

Then something is far wrong, budget was added to last season with the league cup win plus TV Scottish game against Celtic. Add in the amount of players who have left and we are still skint? Sorry does not compute.

Then something is far wrong, budget was added to last season with the league cup win plus TV Scottish game against Celtic. Add in the amount of players who have left and we are still skint? Sorry does not compute.

We have given McGowan a ridiculous deal, along with Grainger and Harkins. Still - I can't quite understand where the money has gone, but this is what I was told, and I have no reason to doubt the person who told me.

Got rid off? We wanted him to extend his contract he never wanted to. End of discussion

Is it? We obviously didn't offer him first team football. Which is a massive mistake if we are going with Van Zanten dor this season, if we offered MCginn first team football it would have sorted that position for a good few years to come.

Id have left as well if I had to play second fiddle to van Zanten and Barron.

Well if we're bringing in two loan players and that's it were more or less praying we have no injuries or suspensions which you and I know ain't gonna happen. To be honest we're going to be pretty pish this year and the fans on here know it. Sure we will have the occasional high but I'm afraid 10th is the best we will get as killie our rivals for 9th are about to bring in new talent. Bit sad and really a bit boring if I'm honest. If Newton returns then its clear that John Robertson is finished well we all know that anyhow but I would think he should go on loan until his contracts up. Also David Barron who is injured a lot and even when fit Danny doesn't fancy him he would be as we'll away on loan too. Maybe they two leaving would free up a smallish wage for an extra striker maybe an older player in case thommo is out?

Edited by norrie82

The contract we offered Paul McGinn was an insult.

It was the same as the other U-20's who were out on loan last season were offered and accepted in some cases.

Rightly or wrongly, it's what our club seem to offer players of this type.

Could be, that in this case, lack of foresight or poor judgement has costs us a ready mad replacement for Van Zanten.

C'est la vie.