Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

8 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I don't see how signing a proven goalscorer at this level can be bad news.

He's only not still at Hibs because he fell out with Lennon who is hardly a quiet and amiable character himself. 

He knows where the net is. 

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Stokes is an absolute cretin of a boy. He'll find us the net but hopefully not at the cost of all his antics of the last few years. 

Agree that he sure has a bad boy record off the field. Stubbs is a solid big guy. No need nor given to public tantrums. If he comes to us then I would hope the terms would be such that his behaviour as well as conduct and performance within the club.

23 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Agree that he sure has a bad boy record off the field. Stubbs is a solid big guy. No need nor given to public tantrums. If he comes to us then I would hope the terms would be such that his behaviour as well as conduct and performance within the club.

He done well for Stubbs at the Hibees , it could have been just a personality clash between him and Lennon. The off field antics are just all him right enough.

16 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

He done well for Stubbs at the Hibees , it could have been just a personality clash between him and Lennon. The off field antics are just all him right enough.

He's been at a Greek club since Hibs who terminated his 18 month deal after 4 months for his behaviour. 

The Stokes at Ralston rumour seems to have o debunked - thankfully.

Such a signing from our new manager would be a very poor start to his tenure at the club. Stokes is a f**king bellend, and not someone we really want around the club in any capacity.

Edited by Drew

"Alan Stubbs, the new StMirrenmanager, has revealed that his predecessor, Jack Ross, has been helping him choose which players will be jettisoned from the club's Championship-winning squad before their top-tier campaign. (The Times, print edition)"
I think he should consider signing some players before he "jettisons" anyone from our paper-thin squad.

2 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

"Alan Stubbs, the new StMirrenmanager, has revealed that his predecessor, Jack Ross, has been helping him choose which players will be jettisoned from the club's Championship-winning squad before their top-tier campaign. (The Times, print edition)"
I think he should consider signing some players before he "jettisons" anyone from our paper-thin squad.

Slight variation on a theme here EAB.  The Boss has consistently said that he would speak with the previous manager to get his input on players both present and targetted.  Sensible. He is setting out his stall for how he will go about things which seems to be consult,  listen,  observe,  decide.  Seems fair to me.  Like you,  I will be happy to see him being in a few early on but happy to leave him to do his job.  Attitude rather than ability might be top of his list with current players. 

I think they call it journalistic licence or as you and I call it "a guess.

2 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

"Alan Stubbs, the new StMirrenmanager, has revealed that his predecessor, Jack Ross, has been helping him choose which players will be jettisoned from the club. Championship-winning squad before their top-tier campaign. (The Times, print edition)"

Suggesting he starts with Cammy Smith, Kyle Magennis and Stephen McGinn for starters.  :rolleyes:

:D add extra smilie in case Ricky takes me seriously.

Edited by pod

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Slight variation on a theme here EAB.  The Boss has consistently said that he would speak with the previous manager to get his input on players both present and targetted.  Sensible. He is setting out his stall for how he will go about things which seems to be consult,  listen,  observe,  decide.  Seems fair to me.  Like you,  I will be happy to see him being in a few early on but happy to leave him to do his job.  Attitude rather than ability might be top of his list with current players. 

Could you stop with this 'Boss' chat please, Ricky.

I'm embarrassed for you....

4 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

have often thought that the Asda in Elderslie was generally better . .:rolleyes:

Humour aside here.   And this is because it's been around ten years since I was there, But when I lived in Foxbar which is very near Asda,  the store was always refered to as being ASDA Linwood  because it was built on the site of the Rootes Linwood car factory, so can I ask why you say Elderslie . or is it a local thing that I am unaware off because I don't live there anymore, or (I just thought) is there another new store in Elderslie?